Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Want trq in a H/C 346? See results

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
You probably aren't going over the car with a fine tooth comb either. I could go on and on but Ill save it for the technical people who understand whats really going on in an engine when you run into an airflow wall or an exhaust wall on the dyno and how to find it with some tweaks in a tune.

There is no need for me to go over it with a fine tooth comb. As far as technicalities go, I guess it would be best served to those with experience in this field as I don't.

But then again, I guess I could use Gauss's Law and potential difference to try and explain to someone why they may receive a shock after walking across carpet in their socks.

But I suspect that they would not care as the "proof is in the pudding" so to speak when they feel the result.

It's the same with me. I see the graph, I feel how the car drives, and that is good enough for me to accept that it is what it is.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Impressive results with less overlap Predator

peace
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

U will never convince me that a reverse grind cam will carry power. Reverse grinds are band-aids to a setup that has issues someone has yet to find...Intake restriction, exhaust restriction etc. Find those with a normal split cam or square cam and it will make more power then reverse grinds. Keep continuing the band-aids...its making someone cheap money.
I sure will, thanks for the advice.
In the mean time I wish you a good life inside your box.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I sure will, thanks for the advice.
In the mean time I wish you a good life inside your box.
Show me again where you've made a great deal of power on a stock 3.910 bore motor again?

I am stuck on Band-Aid, 'Cause band-aids stuck on me
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Show me again where you've made a great deal of power on a stock 3.910 bore motor again?

I am stuck on Band-Aid, 'Cause band-aids stuck on me
10.53@127 on stock 100,000 mile shortblock in a 3200# car. Put that on your bobo.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JaSSon
10.53@127 on stock 100,000 mile shortblock in a 3200# car. Put that on your bobo.
that's it?

I was hoping someone would say 8's like we have....in a 3600lb racweight with full interior on nitrous with a stock aluminum block at that!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's it?

I was hoping someone would say 8's like we have....in a 3600lb racweight with full interior on nitrous with a stock aluminum block at that!

how can u seriously talk **** about a setup that makes 465rwhp and 430tq? his results just proves that u can still make insane power with heads on a reverse split.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 04-22-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

that's it?

Drag section is below to the left.
That is not what this thread is about. This is about trq and friendly street manners (basicaly street/weekend strip).
Old 04-22-2009, 05:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Drag section is below to the left.
That is not what this thread is about. This is about trq and friendly street manners (basicaly street/weekend strip).
Exactly...and my car drives smooth as silk. As I said before, if I didn't have the exhaust that I did, you could hardly tell that the car was cammed.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

that's it?

So this thread went from being about a nice DD cam that makes good power and torque with awesome street manors into a clusterfuck about 8 second nitrous motors? LOL.

Honestly, I do agree with you but you are taking it a little far off base as to the intent of this thread. If you want to show is what YOU can really do, spec this gentleman a standard split HR cam with comparable street manners that makes at least 10 more avg. rwhp/tq (more would be better since reverse split cams are useless) with no other changes to his setup other than a tune. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak.

To the OP and Pred, nice results, glad you are happy with them.

Larry
Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
So this thread went from being about a nice DD cam that makes good power and torque with awesome street manors into a clusterfuck about 8 second nitrous motors? LOL.

Honestly, I do agree with you but you are taking it a little far off base as to the intent of this thread. If you want to show is what YOU can really do, spec this gentleman a standard split HR cam with comparable street manners that makes at least 10 more avg. rwhp/tq (more would be better since reverse split cams are useless) with no other changes to his setup other than a tune. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak.

To the OP and Pred, nice results, glad you are happy with them.

Larry
pretty sure the guy he bought the heads from made 485ish with a mid 230's cam and ran low 10's at 132+ just for reference.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blu1
pretty sure the guy he bought the heads from made 485ish with a mid 230's cam and ran low 10's at 132+ just for reference.
That's correct.

I wish they sold a "Driver Mod"!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmtt
That's correct.

I wish they sold a "Driver Mod"!
well the driver mod doesn't make 20rwhp+ more on the dyno from a standard split cam with the same otherwise setup basically.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Interesting, what does "mid 230ish" entail? Just curious considering the max of 230 on the RS cam. DA, different dynos, vehicle weight, driver skill all come into play. I see guys go slow all day on stock LS6 motors, yet I run a stock LS6 longblock and a TR230/224 cam in a 3450 lb car into the tens at 127-128mph. When I decide to go faster, yes I will use a standard split cam but it will also be bigger and less docile on the street. If you show me a 230/232 cam that makes more avg. RWHP/TQ I will be impressed. Or really get crazy and cook up a better standard split cam with a max exhaust duration of 230! Really though, that's not my point. Don't down on a guy because he bucks the trend and still puts up a respectable number...that's what I'm getting at.

Larry
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

well the driver mod doesn't make 20rwhp+ more on the dyno from a standard split cam with the same otherwise setup basically.
I didn't say that it did. I was just makin a general comment about his time. And how do you know his cam specs?

There 4X cam is a 238/25x 602 lift

This taken from a few various sources. Cartek doesn't give out their specs, but how would a standard split cam this size even be compared to what I have. And that was their dyno.

But I have seen graphs overlayed onto mine with traditional splits that were bigger than mine, and they were run on the same dyno. And I know what those results were.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
Interesting, what does "mid 230ish" entail? Just curious considering the max of 230 on the RS cam. DA, different dynos, vehicle weight, driver skill all come into play. I see guys go slow all day on stock LS6 motors, yet I run a stock LS6 longblock and a TR230/224 cam in a 3450 lb car into the tens at 127-128mph. When I decide to go faster, yes I will use a standard split cam but it will also be bigger and less docile on the street. If you show me a 230/232 cam that makes more avg. RWHP/TQ I will be impressed. Or really get crazy and cook up a better standard split cam with a max exhaust duration of 230! Really though, that's not my point. Don't down on a guy because he bucks the trend and still puts up a respectable number...that's what I'm getting at.

Larry
I was just stating what the car made with the previous owners cam. Its the Cartek 3x cam I don't know the exact specs. Everyone will argue their case to fit their story and beliefs, I was just stating what it made before with the exact heads on an SAE dynojet.
The only info I can find on the 3x cam is on a few sites stating its a 232/234 around 600 lift, not sure the lobes as they keep all the info secret.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

I was just stating what the car made with the previous owners cam. Its the Cartek 3x cam I don't know the exact specs. Everyone will argue their case to fit their story and beliefs, I was just stating what it made before with the exact heads on an SAE dynojet.
The only info I can find on the 3x cam is on a few sites stating its a 232/234 around 600 lift, not sure the lobes as they keep all the info secret.
I'm not doubting you, just wonder where you had heard about his cam. Here is the exact post where I bought the heads. From this, I assumed that he was running the 4X cam when he had those #'s.

This is a PROVEN set of heads.

Car dynoed 487rwhp
Car ran mid 10's n/a 346
Heads are in perfect shape with new UPGRADED 921 springs, and all the goodies.

The caretk 4x cam may be available too. Deal pending.
Update:
The 4x heads/cam is now available.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmtt
I'm not doubting you, just wonder where you had heard about his cam. Here is the exact post where I bought the heads. From this, I assumed that he was running the 4X cam when he had those #'s.

This is a PROVEN set of heads.

Car dynoed 487rwhp
Car ran mid 10's n/a 346
Heads are in perfect shape with new UPGRADED 921 springs, and all the goodies.

The caretk 4x cam may be available too. Deal pending.
Update:
The 4x heads/cam is now available.
he might have swapped cams, I know he was running the 3x stuff from before. I could be incorrect myself have been before and won't deny it. Your car makes great power for whats done, I'm not downing your setup. I just think with a better suited cam, not meaning much larger it would pick up a decent amount.

Let us know how it runs at the track
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

That's the funny part. We aren't getting any numbers from the traditional split guys, only beliefs and stories. Look, I'm not trying to bust your or anyone elses *****. I'd like to see a side by side comparo of very similar traditional split and reverse split cams in the same car/same dyno. If nothing else at least it would get some good info. I just can't stand when people try to **** on someones parade because they don't like the way they make power. No, it's not a 8 second car but it isn't a turd by any means judging by the numbers.

Larry
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

he might have swapped cams, I know he was running the 3x stuff from before. I could be incorrect myself have been before and won't deny it. Your car makes great power for whats done, I'm not downing your setup. I just think with a better suited cam, not meaning much larger it would pick up a decent amount.

Let us know how it runs at the track
I do plan to run it. I have to install the new diff and clutch first. Even then at best, I'm on drag radials. I have no clue as to what it will do, but I'm not afraid to beat on it either.

Quick Reply: Want trq in a H/C 346? See results