Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynoed the Z06 today...... Not Happy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Numbers are fine. You have stock heads and probably too much timing as it is. See what happens when people post inflated dynos? It makes every one think "OMG WHY AM I NOT MAKING 100000000 HP LIKE THIS GUY OMFGGGGGGGGG"
Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I personally think the numbers are fine. Maybe look at the timing in the middle of the power band and take come out but other then that it is what it is. If you think your numbers are low I'd hate to hear what you think my car is then.

07 C6 with X3, ported Fast 90 - 436. As Jay stated above, I think you are expecting way to much with what you have. If you are expecting 450+ cam only keep wishing. It isn't a reality in the real world unless the heads have been milled and the compression was raised.

My buddy has an 05 cam only C6 with a G5X3, Vram, lingenfelter ported LS2 manifold/Ported TB and LG pros and he's making 462rwhp 404rwtq and backs it up at the track with a 126mph trap speed. To me it just depends on the shape the motor is in - Every car and engine are not equal.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gh0st
Numbers are fine. You have stock heads and probably too much timing as it is. See what happens when people post inflated dynos? It makes every one think "OMG WHY AM I NOT MAKING 100000000 HP LIKE THIS GUY OMFGGGGGGGGG"
That's why I go by track times. I remember Allgn_C5's old H/C/I setup (AFR/G5X3 v2/FAST 90/90) was making 485rwhp STD Corrected, but was only trapping 123mph which is what other 440-450rwhp C5/C5Zs were trapping.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

This is the same dyno that my "supposedly" inflated numbers were from back in the "Want Tq in a 346" thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some people just don't get it!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
That's why I go by track times. I remember Allgn_C5's old H/C/I setup (AFR/G5X3 v2/FAST 90/90) was making 485rwhp STD Corrected, but was only trapping 123mph which is what other 440-450rwhp C5/C5Zs were trapping.
490 / 445 to the wheels SAE not STD brother. Track numbers certainly didn't translate with me driving thats for sure. Slow *** stock tach showed 6400 and I'm bouncing the rev limiter ??? 3.42 gearing less then optimum too. I'll bet Robz coud've drove my old setup to a 128 trap. I just couldn't do it, and that doesn't mean the numbers will bullshit, but I concede they were probably a bit on the happy side. Also it 123.6 mph not 123 LOL. Stay tuned for a 130+ pass from my bitch when the 402 is straightened out. She's running strong now, but with some future changes she'll be perfect. A couple tuning issues thats all.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
My buddy has an 05 cam only C6 with a G5X3, Vram, lingenfelter ported LS2 manifold/Ported TB and LG pros and he's making 462rwhp 404rwtq and backs it up at the track with a 126mph trap speed. To me it just depends on the shape the motor is in - Every car and engine are not equal.
What gears ?? Kick *** trap speed too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
One more thing, the track times don't tell the whole story. Suspension, gearing, and driver ability say a lot about things also. I'd rather you say I can't drive then dog my car bro. It's all me not the car. I prefer going faster then quick. Buried the speedo on that old setup BTW. Car never was setup for the track, just for going as fast as possible on the eway safely.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

One last thing on track times because this is my pet peave (sorry Travis)

2 identical cars, same h/c etc etc, one with 4.56 gears one with 3.42's both with the same drag radials. If the 4.56 geared car wins does that mean the 3.42 geared car doesn't make the dyno numbers they claim ? Or does that mean the 4.56 geared car has more power ???
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blu1
I agree those heads would wake things up a bit, but I disagree with this magical cam selection. An off the shelf XE-R 228/230 isn't going to do anything but gain a little down low maybe. Never thought I'd see the day where you are downing LG's products in favor of Vengeance.

The OP needs to check his valvetrain before changing anything!
I am in no way downing the lg g5x3 cam bro, its a great peak hp cam. I am only stating that I've already had that cam, I am passing on my experience to a new vette owner. If I had it to do again I would've went with a much smaller cam for better drivability , and power under the curve, etc etc.

Travis needs to realize he probably won't hit 500 rwhp w/o making certain sacrifices. I also wish I would've known more about cams and power under the curve vs peak power cams. I'd have went a different direction on day one vs the expensive road I've been down.

Again just trying to prevent a buddy from being disappointed by shooting too high. 500 rwhp from 346 ci's is an expensive endeavor. Wouldn't 460 rwhp that idles, and drives perfect be better ??

Hence the reco to Travis for the vrx4. Power under the curve, and it will work with the heads that he is considering purchasing from me.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Again just trying to prevent a buddy from being disappointed by shooting too high.

it will work with the heads that he is considering purchasing from me.
Sounds to me like you are feeding him whatever you need to feed him to try and get him to buy your heads.....

and FYI TRAP SPEED has very little to do with suspension, driver error etc. That is why it is a good measure for power because even if you are a horrible driver and pull a 2.xx+ 60' time (or even spin the tires) your trap speed will remain very consistant, your ET will be the thing that varies.

Last, How about you make one post instead of 8 posts back to back to back
Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i may have missed it but what kind of dyno?

its my belief that bigger cam isnt always better you can have a big cam + **** heads and make dirt power but great heads and a tiny cam and make pretty good power, like whoever had the stealth cam making 465rwhp. the BEST choice is a combo to optimize your parts, aka custom grind. id just say start your combo over on a setup built for YOUR car and you will make the power you are looking for
Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

5 post in 18 minutes, dang, use the edit button or think slower or type faster or something.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

It was a dyno jet. I realize that I won't be able to make 500 rwhp with my current setup. All this thread is about was really to try and find out what is causing my low numbers now. If I had dynoed 435+ hp and 400+ tq this thread would have been much happier.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Sounds to me like you are feeding him whatever you need to feed him to try and get him to buy your heads.....

and FYI TRAP SPEED has very little to do with suspension, driver error etc. That is why it is a good measure for power because even if you are a horrible driver and pull a 2.xx+ 60' time (or even spin the tires) your trap speed will remain very consistant, your ET will be the thing that varies.

Last, How about you make one post instead of 8 posts back to back to back
I also have several other people in line, Travis is being given first crack at these heads since he expressed so much interest in them to me via pm's and our phone conversations. So if you don't know what you are talking about then maybe you should shut the Fu(k up !

FYI banging the rev limiter 2 times on a run vs hitting 3 perfect shifts will make a huge difference in your trap speed. Every time there is any pause or delay in getting to the next gear, or shifting early etc etc you kill fwd momentum and lose time at WOT thus reducing your TRAP SPEED a$$hole. Get with it and put out the joint man.

As far as feeding him whatever to get him to buy the heads, then please explain why I took the time to explain that his cam make not work with these heads ?? If I was trying to F someone over I wouldn't have taken the time to verify the biggest cam he could run with safe PTV clearance w/o flycutting. I explained all the pros and cons, just ask him. Travis is a grown up and can make his own decisions. We don't need you coming on here make allegations that I am posting bogus info to make a sale.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
One last thing on track times because this is my pet peave (sorry Travis)

2 identical cars, same h/c etc etc, one with 4.56 gears one with 3.42's both with the same drag radials. If the 4.56 geared car wins does that mean the 3.42 geared car doesn't make the dyno numbers they claim ? Or does that mean the 4.56 geared car has more power ???
93ls1rx7, whats your response to my analogy? Oh none because it illustrates the flaw in your reasoning. Ok go smoke another J...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
It was a dyno jet. I realize that I won't be able to make 500 rwhp with my current setup. All this thread is about was really to try and find out what is causing my low numbers now. If I had dynoed 435+ hp and 400+ tq this thread would have been much happier.
hey man, sorry. i wasnt trying to insult you or anything, just throwing stuff out there, since allngn c5 has covered pretty much everything lol. if i could think of something he didnt, id post it up, but doubt thatll happen. stick with his advice, ive seen him around here and seems to know his ****. good luck with the problems & new setup if you go that route. ill stay tuned in.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
Well if you want dyno numbers, swap the vararam with a callaway intake and I bet you will pick up a few hp. I say keep the cam, as its proven (and I am confident a vrx4 will NOT make higher numbers than u have already), and get a good set of heads and call it a day. Do you have injectors? Also do some yella terras if you do heads. Look at the tune as you *should* be over 430rwhp with that cam and a ported FAST.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

you can make 500+ rwhp on your setup just add N02... lol. Get yourself a set of heads and make some nice balanced power. You can sell your stockers for like 4 bills. Heads are worth it. To make 500+ na is a tough thing to do... 2fastmotorsports had to have some crazzy things to make 511. 215's by tea, 100ported fast, hudge *** cam that pulled to 7200 rpm's fun stuff! Your numbers are not bad by ne means! Not a hudge cam sock heads. The fast dosn't do its justice until you really put heads on...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by golfinz
Well if you want dyno numbers, swap the vararam with a callaway intake and I bet you will pick up a few hp. I say keep the cam, as its proven (and I am confident a vrx4 will NOT make higher numbers than u have already), and get a good set of heads and call it a day. Do you have injectors? Also do some yella terras if you do heads. Look at the tune as you *should* be over 430rwhp with that cam and a ported FAST.
I never made any claims that the vrx4 would make more power. Because it won't. What it will do is work in union very well with my 58.xx cc afr 205 heads. The removal of stock ls6 heads and the g5x3 cam and adding the vrx4 cam and my milled afr 205's should get him to 460 rwhp from his 425 current rwhp all the while adding a bunch more torque due to better under the curve cam and more compression from the milled heads.

Just wanted to clarify. The vrx4 cam is going to give up power all day long to the g5x3, but the milled afr 205's will crush the stock ls6 heads. So he gains by better lowend tq, and higher overall power from the head swaps. Not to mention better drivability.