Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

455 RWHP/409 RWTQ baseline pull........Thanks TEA

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt mean it as one of a kind, but werent they hand finished here local? Not your off the shelf head, but some killer power
Old 11-27-2003, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Futral makes 6 different 114 cams......unless it's a custom grind cam. I think u need to tell us Damian
Old 11-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Wow, 455rwhp with a built in the garage heads/cam!! Thats impressive! Congrats...

I know who TEA is, but who is Futral? Is that a seperate shop or someone at TEA? Im looking at doing a heads/cam on my car soon and this looks very promising.

Thanx for sharing your results. As for your cam specs, I agree, theres no need to share with everyone. This setup is working extremely well on your car, but doesnt mean it will on someone elses. Let others do their own homework and try several cams before getting the right combination........
Old 11-27-2003, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilRedHope
Wow, 455rwhp with a built in the garage heads/cam!! Thats impressive! Congrats...

I know who TEA is, but who is Futral? Is that a seperate shop or someone at TEA? Im looking at doing a heads/cam on my car soon and this looks very promising.

Thanx for sharing your results. As for your cam specs, I agree, theres no need to share with everyone. This setup is working extremely well on your car, but doesnt mean it will on someone elses. Let others do their own homework and try several cams before getting the right combination........

Hey LilRedHope..... glad to see you finally made it over here! Futral is over there >>>>
Old 11-27-2003, 05:34 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Originally Posted by LilRedHope

Futral Motosports
Old 11-27-2003, 07:32 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I bet your cam is bigger then mine and I am still making a little more power then you and this is threw a 9" with 410 gears . I made 463 hp and 410 tq. they dyno was made at the Vette Doctors on a dyno day which all the ppl who had their cars tuned on the same dyno were 5 hp shy on the dyno day. my spec's are 224/228 580 with a 113 lsa. I bet you can't beat that
And your point is? I am going to ask nicely, ONCE, and only once. Take your negative comments somewhere else, other than my thread. I haven't said anything to you, even with your previous negative post. I could give a **** less how much power you make, where, how, and why. This thread isn't about your car, it's about mine. Cartek puts out some great #'s, especially lately but all it takes is one ******** to make them look bad. Thanks...

Well Futral makes 6 different 114 cams......unless it's a custom grind cam. I think u need to tell us Damian
This is a custom grind cam, to MY specifications. I do not need to tell anyone if I do not wish. I did my homework on this cam to match my combo perfectly and it worked. When I feel like giving out the specs I will. I am not a vendor so I "must" tell right? LOL....NOPE. It's an FMS cam, ALL of his cams make great power. Thats all I think needs to be said at this point..

You mean that car actually runs???? I thought it was a lawn ornament by now! J/K man!

Great numbers Josh.......you deserve them pretty much more than anyone here after all the **** you've dealt with! Congrats man.
Brian that hurt my feelings man.

And no, this heads were not finished locally. They were finished by Brandon.

Thanks for all the other kind words fellas, tuning, weight reduction, and track times to come.

Josh

Last edited by Damian; 11-27-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Congratulations on the numbers man, really great, I hope to make similar numbers! Again, congrats!!
Old 11-27-2003, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the kind of power I've been looking for for 2.5 years and 3 H/C Pkg.'s later. Still can't get it right.

I'm envious Please share your secret Josh.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:51 PM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
That's the kind of power I've been looking for for 2.5 years and 3 H/C Pkg.'s later. Still can't get it right.

I'm envious Please share your secret Josh.
My secret is money spent and bustin my *****

Call Finley up and tell him what I made. See if he wants to run
Old 11-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Teching In

JimmyZ, you got a stroker now dont ya?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I went to Cam Motions site, which is who Futral uses, they told me to use a 228/232. I'd say Gomers guess is pretty close??
Old 11-28-2003, 12:50 AM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
When I went to Cam Motions site, which is who Futral uses, they told me to use a 228/232. I'd say Gomers guess is pretty close??
224/224 is "close", but how close? 231/237 is close, but how close? Cam Motion said use a 228/232, how close is that?

Josh
Old 11-28-2003, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Damian
224/224 is "close", but how close? 231/237 is close, but how close? Cam Motion said use a 228/232, how close is that?

Josh

Great numbers .... FMS cams are great.....I have the 224/230 .587 /593 114 and gained a good 44rwhp with it, but i dont think its the cam ur using. I just dont see heads will give u the extra 60rwhp. It must be another cam right?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I think for a vender to keep cam specs a secret but want you to buy it ,that is wrong. But when a fellow racer wants to keep his specs a secret than that is cool with me. Some people dont have money(me) to keep changing parts to be top dog and when you get a combo that works great then you want to hold your secret as long as possible. In the mustang world of class raceing , they dont give out no info on there combo.
Nice work Damien.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:51 AM
Teching In

Josh nice numbers.Man i cant think of the last time I talked to you.I thought my433/408 was good but yours is great makes me wish i would of made a no cat and a cutout pull dont think i would of had anything for you but a 440 something was doable.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think a person keeping their cam specs secret is pretty stupid...but to each his own...

with that kind of attitude i personally couldn't care less about the specs of your cam...its not like your setup has set a record for h/c power. so far we know tea 1.5's and some fms cam make 45X hp...yippie

why even start the post? i guess your just real proud of yourself!

maybe your gonna send a huge order to comp for your specifc magical 455rw cam and sell them for $400+ like a sponsor ...lol
Old 11-28-2003, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bspz28
I bet your cam is bigger then mine and I am still making a little more power then you and this is threw a 9" with 410 gears . I made 463 hp and 410 tq. they dyno was made at the Vette Doctors on a dyno day which all the ppl who had their cars tuned on the same dyno were 5 hp shy on the dyno day. my spec's are 224/228 580 with a 113 lsa. I bet you can't beat that

I have to agree.. most of the power comes from the heads. I am running a CARTEK x-package LS6 heads and a cartek custom cam. I would love to see the power I gain if I went with a bigber cam like what you have or a g5x3 cam..
I wonder what horsepower he could make with LS6 heads.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
i think a person keeping their cam specs secret is pretty stupid...but to each his own...

with that kind of attitude i personally couldn't care less about the specs of your cam...its not like your setup has set a record for h/c power. so far we know tea 1.5's and some fms cam make 45X hp...yippie

maybe your gonna send a huge order to comp for your specifc magical 455rw cam and sell them for $400+ like a sponsor ...lol

What's the big deal Why is he stupid for not running right out and telling the world what the specs are Even if he did fess up and say...do you really believe that by knowing the basic specs of that cam(i.e.) lift/ dur./ lsa/ adv. would allow you to run right out, buy those specs and make that # Please.....there are a lot more determining factors involved in spec'ing out a grind and making power than that. If that were the case, we'd ALL be making 450-60 at the wheels.

I can tell you alot of thought was put into that grind b/c of "other" known factors involving his set-up/combo. There were other issues that weren't the "norm" that were being delt with that needed to be considered before any old big lift/dur. grind was cut. Again, he and Allan(FMS) needed to come up w/something "special" that would provide the power he was looking for while dealing w/these other known variables.

If you want to make more power, why don't you spend a few months determining what will work best w/your parts and have it cut? Seems logical to me. Too many people wanna reap the benfits of other's determination/R&D, and make the # w/out actually learning/ knowing why a certain grind will outperform others and/ or bash the guy who did the work when he'd rather not disclose the particulars.

You are right about two things. Right now we know TEA 1.5's and an FMS stick made 455/409 on a mail order tune, and....this is not a H/C stock cube rwhp record. YET.

If you need to ask why he started the thread, then maybe you've never overcome a problem that ate at you for months by researching the best solution available and implementing it with success. Yes....he is proud of his efforts, and rightly so.

As far as Josh placing a huge order to Comp. and selling his "magic stick"....
(a) it is NOT a Comp. grind
(b) it is NOT a "magic" stick silly boy. It's just math.

Why don't you call TEA and FMS. I'm sure they can help you arrive at your target #'s since you evidently are not able to sift through the internet BS and determine on your own what will work and what won't.

Have a nice day.....
Old 11-28-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you just roll out of bed and hit your head on something? Maybe then you would have an excuse for that ignorant post. Damian spent his own money developing his setup. If he, or a sponser, doesn't want to give up their cam specs they don't have to. I have never had a problem with someone keeping their cam specs secret. I sensed no "attitude" from his post either. I would be damn proud of myself, if I put together a combination that made that kind of power. Don't think Comp will be grinding a copy of his cam. Why don't you just

Bruce
Old 11-28-2003, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Boy arent you a fart smeller............ I mean smart feller. Im very upset that Damian doesnt have your approval in life. Im even more upset that he wasnt willing to give you his cam specs so you could run right out and duplicate his setup hes been putting together for a long time. If ya want some cam specs, go out to YOUR garage, install heads/cam make a # and post YOUR results. Then everyone can nibble at your ankles for your specs of YOUR setup.

As For Damian being real proud of himself, Im quite sure he is. Im also sure this IS a record for TEA heads. Lets not forget, he did this in his garage. 1500 for TEA heads and a 400 dollar camshaft. The only other people I see making 450rwhp + are with shop packages and LS6 heads. I wonder how much they have in their setup Vs Damian????hmmmmmm

I saw a quote a while back on here that was extremely funny and it seems to fit in this situation.... STAY OFF THE DAMN INTERNET.....

Quick Reply: 455 RWHP/409 RWTQ baseline pull........Thanks TEA