Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Cartek 4-XS Heads and Cam results inside.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I don't know for sure but I hear that it's somewhere between a 220/220 and a 280/280 and yes it is higher than .550/.550
Really? I would have never thought that the specs would fit in that category. I figured for sure they would either be much larger or much smaller. But for it to fit in between 220 and 280 is just unheard of. And over .550 lift? You must be joking!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by transaman98
Really? I would have never thought that the specs would fit in that category. I figured for sure they would either be much larger or much smaller. But for it to fit in between 220 and 280 is just unheard of. And over .550 lift? You must be joking!
It was a joke, Marc's a kidder...

The cam specs would fall under what some would call as "Proprietary Information"

CARTEK does not have a history of openly discussing their cam specs, I do not see this changing with this setup.

Sorry
Old 09-19-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by ws6transam01
it was a joke, marc's a kidder... :d
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I can't blame them for that. However from a business stand point I would think that they would advertise a little more with results like this.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agreed.

Until details are posted on the combo I'm calling BS. I can make a dynojet read what ever I want it too.

Heads - Runner, chamber, valve size, and flow numbers
Cam = roughly 22x, 23x, 24x, 25x on a 10x / 11x
Static and Dynamic compression = What...
Intake manifold = What...
Throttle body = What...
Headers = What...
Pulley = What...
WP = What...
Clutch, rear, gears, etc... = What...

There's a ton of uknowns here. If you want to market here is your chance to show that you put together one hell of a combination. Take advantage of it. I'd love to know about these heads.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice numbers, that there is no doubt, but I'm dissapointed that a reputable shop like Cartek would even consider spinning the stock shortblock to 7700 rpms and yet alone put a combo like this together.
It is only a matter of time before this grenades itself and take out some pretty parts along with it.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers, that there is no doubt, but I'm dissapointed that a reputable shop like Cartek would even consider spinning the stock shortblock to 7700 rpms and yet alone put a combo like this together.
It is only a matter of time before this grenades itself and take out some pretty parts along with it.
agreed, this is only a matter of time until a rod bolt gives way and sends the piston smacking the heads and wallowing out the walls. $$$
Old 09-20-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, those are some nasty numbers, I'd like to see more info on the setup, but that motor is living on very limited time... Dahahaha, I think it's appropriate to say "DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!" right about now. (Hopefully you guys get it. Otherwise, I look ******* retarded.)
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 AM
9 Second Club

Well to the naysayers the track wont lie. We all know what this car ran before and we shall see what it runs now. I personally think this car is gonna sail. Cartek has been in the game a longtime. I'm sure they did not recommend this setup and the owner has alot to do with the decision making as far as how far he wants to push his setup. Afterall it's not like this is a daily driver it's more than obvious Alex pushes this car to the limits. Now get to Atco and crack off some passes.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
Well to the naysayers the track wont lie. We all know what this car ran before and we shall see what it runs now. I personally think this car is gonna sail. Cartek has been in the game a longtime. I'm sure they did not recommend this setup and the owner has alot to do with the decision making as far as how far he wants to push his setup. Afterall it's not like this is a daily driver it's more than obvious Alex pushes this car to the limits. Now get to Atco and crack off some passes.
Yeah, that is obvious, just it pains me to see such good parts being put in the grinder (while so many of us would save for a long time to even think about it). Because when that motor lets go at 7K+ there won't be much to salvage (unless by a miracle).
I wasn't dissing the setup, but if I were a shop, I would turn it down because of the inevitable, or just do it on a forged setup.
Unless of course the shortblock has been massaged and that was omited in the OP post. Even though, those rpms along with stock oiling system will eventualy be bad news.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 AM
CARTEK Racing

You can call BS all you want, and I can care less. There are people who have thought my car had a big cube motor in it before when it ran 10.32... so this is not uncommon.

I can only fill in what I know.

Heads are: Trick Flow 225's
Valve size: I am unsure of
Cam: I am not at liberty to say
Intake: Ported Vic Jr with IntakeElbows Elbow
Throttle Body: Accufab 100mm
Headers: QTP 1-7/8"
Pulley: not sure what you mean but I do have an ASP UD pulley for years
Water Pump: Meziere EWP, once again, for years
CARTEK clutch, Strange 12-bolt 4.56 gears

Most of this about the car is already common knowledge...

I would not worry about the bottom end, CARTEK would not give me something they thought was a time bomb and wait for me to explode it at the track endangering myself and their hard work, that you can be sure of. They build the best LS stuff out there and I have 100% faith in their work. My car is not the first to spin a stock shortblock that high, and I am sure after this it will not be the last.

Track times will come soon.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Quite impressive. Obviously know what they are doing to be doing this. Again, quite impressive.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

very nice good things do come in small packages!!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
You can call BS all you want, and I can care less. There are people who have thought my car had a big cube motor in it before when it ran 10.32... so this is not uncommon.

I can only fill in what I know.

Heads are: Trick Flow 225's
Valve size: I am unsure of
Cam: I am not at liberty to say
Intake: Ported Vic Jr with IntakeElbows Elbow
Throttle Body: Accufab 100mm
Headers: QTP 1-7/8"
Pulley: not sure what you mean but I do have an ASP UD pulley for years
Water Pump: Meziere EWP, once again, for years
CARTEK clutch, Strange 12-bolt 4.56 gears

Most of this about the car is already common knowledge...

I would not worry about the bottom end, CARTEK would not give me something they thought was a time bomb and wait for me to explode it at the track endangering myself and their hard work, that you can be sure of. They build the best LS stuff out there and I have 100% faith in their work. My car is not the first to spin a stock shortblock that high, and I am sure after this it will not be the last.

Track times will come soon.
CARTEK didn't build the bottom end so your faith lies in the GM parts and assembly process. All engines are time booms,it's just that some are better suited for prolonged abuse than others. Good luck,here's hoping that yours last a long time.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

I dont know why everybody is shitting a chicken over the RPMs here...obviously his valvetrain can take the RPMs...his short is a rebuilt OEM stuff...with what I thought rod bolts...Alex did they do Ti intake valves or LS3's turned down to fit the TFS heads?
Curious to what cartek did to the heads...just a mill and hand finished cumbustion chambers, wind the springs a little tighter, change out the intake valve and install Im sure
Alex what rockers are on it?
Old 09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
I dont know why everybody is shitting a chicken over the RPMs here...obviously his valvetrain can take the RPMs...his short is a rebuilt OEM stuff...with what I thought rod bolts...Alex did they do Ti intake valves or LS3's turned down to fit the TFS heads?
Curious to what cartek did to the heads...just a mill and hand finished cumbustion chambers, wind the springs a little tighter, change out the intake valve and install Im sure
Honestly, I have no idea what valves are int he heads, but they are NOT Ti, lol those are too damn expensive.

As far as what CARTEK did, thats another thing that is up to them to describe.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
Awsome combo, for sure.
As I mentionned earlier, my suspicions were correct. This is not a stock bottom end but a rebuilt, so it was massaged.
The OP post leads to believe that this is just a H/C on a stock shortblock which it is not.
I was not knocking the setup, I was just perplexed that such a reputable shop would spin a "stock" block that high (knowing very well a stocker cannot and will not handle that for very long).
The reason I mentionned what I said, is that other readers who do not know any better, might think it would be a good idea to do that to a "stocker". Now that the details are comming out (drip,drip, mini splash) it makes more sense.
So what are the shortblock specs?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Stock crank? Powdered rods? Hyperutetic Pistons? 346 inches thats stock shortblock in my book (not that it means all that much to some). Wheres has Cartek gone in this thread anyway. I'd hope to see them clear some of the air.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Awsome combo, for sure.
As I mentionned earlier, my suspicions were correct. This is not a stock bottom end but a rebuilt, so it was massaged.
The OP post leads to believe that this is just a H/C on a stock shortblock which it is not.
I was not knocking the setup, I was just perplexed that such a reputable shop would spin a "stock" block that high (knowing very well a stocker cannot and will not handle that for very long).
The reason I mentionned what I said, is that other readers who do not know any better, might think it would be a good idea to do that to a "stocker". Now that the details are comming out (drip,drip, mini splash) it makes more sense.
So what are the shortblock specs?
first of all, the person who said it was built is not me, nor was he from CARTEK so how is the fact?

The short block specs are simple, it has stock pistons [notched for cam], stock rods, stock crank, stock block, double roller timing chain [not sure which] aftermarket oil pump [not sure which] ARP Rod Bolts.

Wheres has Cartek gone in this thread anyway. I'd hope to see them clear some of the air.
LOL... Its the weekend... they got better things to do... lol
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock crank? Powdered rods? Hyperutetic Pistons? 346 inches thats stock shortblock in my book (not that it means all that much to some). Wheres has Cartek gone in this thread anyway. I'd hope to see them clear some of the air.
I agree, but with different rings, ring gaps, bearing specs, rod bolts, etc.... That makes the engine more performance / longevity oriented towards what this setup is built towards. Push a completely stock bottom end to 7700 rpms and watch carnage ensue.

Quick Reply: Cartek 4-XS Heads and Cam results inside.