Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

OBSSSD's PP Stg II LS6+G5x3 Dyno Graph

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with obssd tottaly, I dont know why everyone goes nuts and recommends the patriots when the clearly do not make that much power. I would rather pay 500-1000.00 dollars more for a head like gtp that makes 40-50 hp than spend 1400 or 1800 on these heads that only make 10 hp. it is not worth the time and effort to ripp apart the car and it is an expensive 1900.00 for patriot ls6 heads to loose power over your old stg1 setup
Old 12-28-2003, 03:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
I agree with obssd tottaly, I dont know why everyone goes nuts and recommends the patriots when the clearly do not make that much power. I would rather pay 500-1000.00 dollars more for a head like gtp that makes 40-50 hp than spend 1400 or 1800 on these heads that only make 10 hp. it is not worth the time and effort to ripp apart the car and it is an expensive 1900.00 for patriot ls6 heads to loose power over your old stg1 setup
He still never PROVED that the heads are the culprit. The only way to do that is to swap on another set of heads to see if it gains or not. I've seen 4 cars with the 5.3's and the LS-6 style make 440-450 with the TSP 231/237, and one more at 445 with the X-3. The only way to truly tell if it is the heads or not is to pull them and run some tests. If it does turn out to be the heads, I'm sure terry will be more than happy to work something out. I just don't see how one CNC head can be that much diffrent from another. Bashing a sponser without proof is . If you can PROVE that the heads are the problem, I'd be interested to see. Pulling one of the heads and flowing it with the intake on and off would be a good place to start.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
He still never PROVED that the heads are the culprit. The only way to do that is to swap on another set of heads to see if it gains or not. I've seen 4 cars with the 5.3's and the LS-6 style make 440-450 with the TSP 231/237, and one more at 445 with the X-3. The only way to truly tell if it is the heads or not is to pull them and run some tests. If it does turn out to be the heads, I'm sure terry will be more than happy to work something out. I just don't see how one CNC head can be that much diffrent from another. Bashing a sponser without proof is . If you can PROVE that the heads are the problem, I'd be interested to see. Pulling one of the heads and flowing it with the intake on and off would be a good place to start.
Are you saying the one guy that made good power you know is a more conclusive test than 6 cars that we set up at our shop? Please tell me how that is a better example?

If Terry is sure I have his best set of heads then let him state it here and now because then there will be no point in switching for another set of Patriot heads. There are several head porters who are dying to send me a set of heads to switchout, retune, and redyno to see if they can do better. I mean I already lost power on every single car that already had heads on it with no other changes to the car so tell me why I should expect they aren't the problem?

Chris
Old 12-28-2003, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

beast, he lost power over his stg1 5.3l heads, thats proof enough
Old 12-28-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris, What were the other results of the 6 cars?Call me when you can.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
beast, he lost power over his stg1 5.3l heads, thats proof enough
He swapped complete set-ups also. He didn't install just the Patriots and say I lost X amount. Chris, I'm not saying your 6 cars aren't a good excuse, but why would 1 car with similar mods do so well why yours don't. If your saying all the cars lost power, why not post numbers from before and what set-up they were running. You also never answered why the 6 cars you did are so similar in mods and so far apart in dyno numbers. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just stating the obvious.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
So when are you going to switch the heads (only the heads) and prove your point? There has been plenty of time! Whats taking so LONG? We're waiting. Thanks.
That's easy to say when you aren't the one shelling out thousands of dollars out of your own pocket to fix a problem you shouldn't be dealing with in the first place

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
He swapped complete set-ups also. He didn't install just the Patriots and say I lost X amount. Chris, I'm not saying your 6 cars aren't a good excuse, but why would 1 car with similar mods do so well why yours don't. If your saying all the cars lost power, why not post numbers from before and what set-up they were running. You also never answered why the 6 cars you did are so similar in mods and so far apart in dyno numbers. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just stating the obvious.
For the record yes I did dyno the Patriots on 3 cars with changing just the heads with absolutely no other changes other than tuning the car to 13.0:1 flat with 28 degrees timing and no knock on every car. Against MTI Stage I 5.3L heads they lost 5rwhp, against absolute speed Stage II 5.7L they lost 12rwhp, and against stock LS6 heads they gained 10rwhp. So while I didn't post these intermediate graphs I do have them at the shop because unless you change the heads, dyno, change the cam, then dyno again you can't pinpoint gains or where the lack of gains are

Terry,

I'll call you tomorrow to discuss the situation

Chris
Old 12-28-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i really could care less about 424 hp and all that stuff... i just would like to see the times... it dont matter how much hp you have on the dyno as far as im concerned... i just worry about et. have you got any times yet???
Old 12-28-2003, 10:16 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
i really could care less about 424 hp and all that stuff... i just would like to see the times... it dont matter how much hp you have on the dyno as far as im concerned... i just worry about et. have you got any times yet???
I would be worried about the dyno if it were low!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just sure hope these 5.3 Patriot's are as good as promised. My car goes in tomorrow to have them installed. I'm looking to get 400 rwhp with my mods. My fingers are crossed at this point.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:30 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
That's easy to say when you aren't the one shelling out thousands of dollars out of your own pocket to fix a problem you shouldn't be dealing with in the first place

For the record yes I did dyno the Patriots on 3 cars with changing just the heads with absolutely no other changes other than tuning the car to 13.0:1 flat with 28 degrees timing and no knock on every car. Against MTI Stage I 5.3L heads they lost 5rwhp, against absolute speed Stage II 5.7L they lost 12rwhp, and against stock LS6 heads they gained 10rwhp. So while I didn't post these intermediate graphs I do have them at the shop because unless you change the heads, dyno, change the cam, then dyno again you can't pinpoint gains or where the lack of gains are

Terry,

I'll call you tomorrow to discuss the situation

Chris
If you would invest the same amount of time in switching the heads as you do typing, they would be done. They have to be done anyways. IF your sure thats the problem. I would have verified the source of the problem before all the bashing. Your so far into it, it would be hard for you to admit if they weren't the problem. Hope for your sake your right. I can't see how a cnc ported head can vary that much. Good luck. Andy
Old 12-28-2003, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
I would not like to dyno less than other people that used a dyno on the same day under the same conditions. Regardless of how "much" HP it spit out the dynometer would show that you were down some HP numbers compared to the other cars. I have never been to a track, but when I get my heads and cam my car will def. be on a dyno at some point, missing HP would upset me.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
I'm looking to get 400 rwhp with my mods. My fingers are crossed at this point.
I hope you keep them crossed cause with MAC mids, cats, full exaust and a 218 cam I have a feeling you won't make it. I'd guess somewhere in the 380's???
Old 12-29-2003, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
I just sure hope these 5.3 Patriot's are as good as promised. My car goes in tomorrow to have them installed. I'm looking to get 400 rwhp with my mods. My fingers are crossed at this point.
Hey mike

I hope ya get there but with those PP 5.3`s Ive only seen people gaining 20 hp. I hope I am wrong about this but please post your results
Old 12-29-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

u gotta understand 95% of the kids here in dfw make dyno numbers. but dont run worth a **** at the track. thats all they are concerned about.

i am in the same boat with you
Old 12-29-2003, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Chris I was unaware of you guys having issues over there Hope you get it figured out. I am completly satisfied with my Absolute Speed Stage II 5.3's, but you know that already

Quick Reply: OBSSSD's PP Stg II LS6+G5x3 Dyno Graph