Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Texas Speed '09 CTS-V Manual, Bone-Stock

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Nice numbers!! Either the factory under rates their numbers or you have one efficient drivetrain

You have a similar story to me buying my V. I had it shipped to the GMC dealer here in Louisiana from a dealer in California and I had never even driven a V before. I had the right to refuse it if I wanted to but it was perfect
Old 12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

wow those are awesome numbers. perfect DD
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Great #'s, Trevor. What Trevor forgot to tell you is that even though the stick beats the auto on the dyno consistently, the auto beats the stick on the street in the 1/8 mile & 1/4 mile, and almost always stoplight to stoplight. The stick also beats the auto on top end, too, by about 10 MPH or so, and that also is consistent, not random. I believe that's due to the limitations of the car and the ECM. These are also not "troublefree" cars, either. And GM has yet to find a solution to the fix for some of the problems either. The supercharger isolator doesn't break but it can sound like a diesel truck from the outside of the car. These have a "sprung" isolator and not a fixed and / or solid one. According to GM, the noise is normal and will not be fixed under warranty unless the supercharger shaft breaks, which is doubtful. I had to have mine fixed by a independent high performance shop and although it wasn't exactly "pricey", ( $235.00), it doesn't say much for GM warranty, it seems to me. Another issue is one where the front wheels / hubs one or both, will begin to click as you are driving slow, such as backing out of a driveway or backing up. Also, so far, not covered under warranty.
Study these cars throughly if you are looking to buy, new or used, dealer or private party. Just a heads-up, and only my own personal opinion, but if you search other forums, you will read the same results. Not all have these issues, though. But a lot do.
As far as how others in general do on the dyno, 6 speed manuals, about 480-490 on the average, but this one is at least the 2nd one that I know of dynoing at 500 RWHP & RWTQ, autos probably about 460-470 RWHP & RWTQ, and about 8 lbs. PSI is about the boost most dynos see, and these do somewhat better on cooler ambient air days, and 93 octane does somewhat better than 91 octane. There are a couple in the greater SoCal area doing slightly over 600 RWHP. And all dynos are different, and all types of dynos are different, and give different readings.

Last edited by Gary Wells; 01-01-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

I drove a '09 CTS-V A6 a couple of weeks ago and came away very, very impressed. I'd probably buy the auto over the 6-speed as it just fits the car better. The interior is great, especially those Recaros, and the steering is on par with BMW IMO.

And yea, it's pretty quick.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, I have a black supercharged one running around town here. I had better get my ducks in a row if I ever line up to him. Im sure I got him weight wise, but I don't believe my 420rwhp would be enough to run close to his near 500. I do believe a bottle in the trunk is in order...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome!!!! just awesome!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

FWIW, the post that I added was supposed to be posted on another of Trevor's threads leading to this thread, but by accident I added it here. Hopefully no one takes this as a slam on Trevor nor his info posted.
And another FWIW, I literally love my new (purchased in mid July, '09) CTS-V. Unless you have driven one, you would just not believe how great these cars handle. And even though the auto is $2600 gas guzzler tax, or twice that of the stick at $ 1300, I would still do the auto (myself). And sitting the Recaro's is something else that I would do again. I am only saying these are not cheap toys. Definitely study all of the info that you can get your hands on from all of the forums that have any. Be prepared as they can and do break, and can have issues. Not your grandfather's Cadillac. HTH
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
FWIW, the post that I added was supposed to be posted on another of Trevor's threads leading to this thread, but by accident I added it here. Hopefully no one takes this as a slam on Trevor nor his info posted.
And another FWIW, I literally love my new (purchased in mid July, '09) CTS-V. Unless you have driven one, you would just not believe how great these cars handle. And even though the auto is $2600 gas guzzler tax, or twice that of the stick at $ 1300, I would still do the auto (myself). And sitting the Recaro's is something else that I would do again. I am only saying these are not cheap toys. Definitely study all of the info that you can get your hands on from all of the forums that have any. Be prepared as they can and do break, and can have issues. Not your grandfather's Cadillac. HTH
Gary...Thanks for both of your very informative posts. I'm in the market for v2 CTS-V and have been also reading about the supercharger rattle and the front-end clicking issues. It also sounds like the Ultraview sunroof is prone to annoying creaking. The good news is that there is a TSB for the supercharger (TSB# PIP4523A) that came out in December. It also sounds like dealers are fixing the steering issue and sunroof issue for certain owners.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steiner
Gary...Thanks for both of your very informative posts. I'm in the market for v2 CTS-V and have been also reading about the supercharger rattle and the front-end clicking issues. It also sounds like the Ultraview sunroof is prone to annoying creaking. The good news is that there is a TSB for the supercharger (TSB# PIP4523A) that came out in December. It also sounds like dealers are fixing the steering issue and sunroof issue for certain owners.
Steiner:
Sorry, dude, but there is no good news on those items. The TSB that you mentioned is not a true TSB but a SI, or something like that, and it does not authorize the dealers to fix the supercharger rattle. GM and the dealers will claim that is normal, and they will only replace the supercharger if it breaks, not for noise though. Reason is that the supercharger is not a serviceable item, being purchased from Eaton as a complete unit, & therefore, so far, GM will accept no responsibility for it for rattle.
The Ultraview on some of the CTS-V's is prone to squeaks, rattles, not shutting completely, & not opening completely. The screen below it is not solid but a piece of cloth with holes in it, and will sag soon and will not keep all of the light out. Aesthetically, the Ultraview is made up of two seperate pieces of glass, and consequently, it sits visually high on one of the pieces of glass on one side, and then sit high on the other side on the other piece of glass. Visually, I could not live with it, and I was very fortunate to find a hardtop on a showroom floor. No squeaks, no rattles, no muss, no fuss.
The dealers are fixing the Ultraviews on the cars that they can fix, but there is no fix for the glass not laying down flush all around like it should. The two panes of glass do not perfectly match the contour of the roof.
The dealers are doing the best fixing the clicking wheel issue, but that generally comes back after some time, but it fixes OK on a few of the cars.
If you would like to read more, find a particular Cadillac only forum and look for a section called "CTS-V 2009 & up"
Don't get me wrong, these are great cars, but they are not for the timid of pocketbook, and GM and the dealers are looking for warranty violators with a fine tooth comb. HTH& sorry for the long post.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
If you would like to read more, find a particular Cadillac only forum and look for a section called "CTS-V 2009 & up"
I'm there already. Thanks Gary. I'll have to cross the Ultraview off my list of options.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed '09 CTS-V Manual, Bone-Stock