Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

516 rwhp 426 tq FMS 346!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by bortous
The early days I was too young. I hardly knew a thing.
With the new LS platform coming on the scene it would have been exciting.
There would have been a lot to learn right up up to the LS7.
Now it's just modifications and tinkering to extract even more power.
I don't think the new lt5 platform was as exciting as the LS.
It's more about refining now that breakthroughs with the LS engines it seems.

When LS1 debuted less excitement, mostly dread from the GM gearheads I knew. I think there's a lot of that with the unknown LT5 that's coming

Back in the day the feeling seemed the proven iron block 350 eliminated for an ugly ALL ALUMINUM technological nightmare! Some of them whined for over ten years about those damn aluminum blocks (lol)! Fear existed GM's new LS1 motor would be another NorthStar.

Those "experts" were proved decisively wrong in every regard. It's hard to match the excitement that comes with that sort of whiplash in automotive history unfolding. The Corvette Forum has that now with the C7 ending and mid engine C8 coming.

GM's LS basically got me and a lot of other folks fired up enthusiastically about cars and hot rodding again.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (07-29-2021)
Old 06-17-2019, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 461 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
It's more about refining now that breakthroughs with the LS engines it seems.

When LS1 debuted less excitement, mostly dread from the GM gearheads I knew. I think there's a lot of that with the unknown LT5 that's coming

Back in the day the feeling seemed the proven iron block 350 eliminated for an ugly ALL ALUMINUM technological nightmare! Some of them whined for over ten years about those damn aluminum blocks (lol)! Fear existed GM's new LS1 motor would be another NorthStar.

Those "experts" were proved decisively wrong in every regard. It's hard to match the excitement that comes with that sort of whiplash in automotive history unfolding. The Corvette Forum has that now with the C7 ending and mid engine C8 coming.

GM's LS basically got me and a lot of other folks fired up enthusiastically about cars and hot rodding again.
It got me going too.
The new lt5 is already out.
I don't understand how that Camshaft system works on those. All I read is larger fuel lobes.
Do these take the same processes to install a cam like an LS?
Do they make more power than an LS NA?
So many questions....
Old 06-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

In response to the ban stuff... when a sponsor stops being a sponsor, their sponsor account is banned/removed.

They are still welcome to be members of LS1Tech... just their previous account is no longer allowed to be active, because it's easy to subvert the rules with a previously active account. And you aren't supposed to be selling on the site if you aren't a sponsor. It's unfair to those who continue to sponsor. And allows what could be a modest investment (say 2 months of sponsorship) to continue to pay dividends long after.

Hope that clarifies. I realize it's off topic. But it was brought up earlier and you've probably seen other former sponsors banned. That's why.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
In response to the ban stuff... when a sponsor stops being a sponsor, their sponsor account is banned/removed.

They are still welcome to be members of LS1Tech... just their previous account is no longer allowed to be active, because it's easy to subvert the rules with a previously active account. And you aren't supposed to be selling on the site if you aren't a sponsor. It's unfair to those who continue to sponsor. And allows what could be a modest investment (say 2 months of sponsorship) to continue to pay dividends long after.

Hope that clarifies. I realize it's off topic. But it was brought up earlier and you've probably seen other former sponsors banned. That's why.
Thank you Jake! It clarifies a LOT. Now I understand some of the whys and wherefores of the sponsor/member association.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I seriously doubt that.
Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Well look at that. Either way glad this thread got bumped I've never seen it before.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You still have the fastest M6 Camaro that's factory ci NA with 9.95 @ 136 mph?

Quick Reply: 516 rwhp 426 tq FMS 346!