Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
that video doesnt suprise me a bit considering the Camaro has LESS power than the mustang and weighs more....
About the L99 yes, but the manual SS has more power. Of course I knew they were going to put the new GT against the L99 SS first(weak *** tune from factory), and no against the LS3 SS.. damn Ford propaganda
Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselNuts
holy ****, then what's the deal with 12 pages of arguing?
because its not true. LS3 Camaro has more power, except the L99. And because the 2011 is not going to be fast for long, because it wont meet feds standard in 2012.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus Christ....next thing you guys are gonna bring up is argument about which car gets better gas mileage...
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jesus Christ....next thing you guys are gonna bring up is argument about which car gets better gas mileage...
you and king nut sack have been arguing all thread long about whats fair and whats not, so whats fair about putting an automatic Camaro with less power against a new GT. lets see a race against an M6 Camaro and an Mwhatever GT...or lets put the ball in the Camaro's court and put it up against the 2010 GT...make no mistake, the only reason its reasonably even between the GT and the SS, is because GM hasent had a chance to answer back.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Launching!

you and king nut sack have been arguing all thread long about whats fair and whats not, so whats fair about putting an automatic Camaro with less power against a new GT. lets see a race against an M6 Camaro and an Mwhatever GT...or lets put the ball in the Camaro's court and put it up against the 2010 GT...make no mistake, the only reason its reasonably even between the GT and the SS, is because GM hasent had a chance to answer back.
that race was an automatic Camaro vs. Automatic GT.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
It shows you don't know **** about a car's ET...mph will show how much top end power a motor makes. It's a broad torque curve that lowers a cars ET. So a cars trap speed doesn't mean **** unless the car only weight 2,800lbs. It's a 3,600lb car with a small ohc V8 that meant for high rpm. It's the overall torque that the GT makes that will show what it's going to ET. It would be lucky of it runs 12.9 or maybe 12.8 tops. I'll bet money on it. There's more factors involved then that MPH you keep quoting. I'm taking the parts of your post that is plain bullshit not fact. I'm biased to GM, and you're not biased to Ford????You sure you aren't on crack or something? Talk to yourself since you have all the answers anyway.
earth to blacknite, motor trend has already run 12.7@111. If you were putting money on it like you said you were, youd be broke by now LOL in the same test, the best they got was a 13.1 out of the LS3 5gen. Thats a 4 tenths difference if your math needs help.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
that race was an automatic Camaro vs. Automatic GT.
really? i didnt see the bright flashy pauses in the video that told us that....

yea no ****, but your putting a Camaro with less power up against the GT. im not arguing that its going to be slower. im saying, put the LS3 Camaro against the 5.0 Mustang and it wont be the "walk away" race that the idiots in the video claim.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Launching!

^^no ones hurt over a car that hasn't even hit the road yet. There's too many times
floating around about what the car is going to run. This is the SS's first year. The mustang had 8 years while the Camaro wasn't built and its only NOW that Ford got off their asses to make a motor that makes over 400hp? So they are the ones and its fans who are worrying what the new GT will really do. The 4th gen has been bitch slapping every mustang since the LS1 was released. Ford needed the blower to meet or beat what an NA f-body could do. So it's GM's fault that they chose to build a strong motor that didn't need a blower from the factory? And its us f-body owners fault that Ford built a tiny 4.6L that needed a blower to run with the LS motors???Come on...Ford guys will find any excuse they can. Try writing to Ford and tell them the make a real V8 that doesn't need blowers. Whats stopping them from building a 6.0L push rod V8 like Dodge and GM did? You Ford guys bitch about the fact we have more cubes than you mustang guys...So thats our fault???LOL Get real. Ford forgot how to build strong running V8's period, unless they take the easy way out and throw on a blower or hire Shelby or whoever to make them look good. You're bragging about a motor/car thats unproven and has been released yet. Until then you can't say what the new GT is going to do!! You don't think GM is gonna keep upping the Camaro's power?? It's only its first year and its holding its own. It only gets worse for mustang guys from here...Let see what happens if the Z28 comes back. Cant wait to hear the excuses mustang guys will use then
more posts with nothing but excuses excuses. "ford guys bitch we have more displacement" then you turn rigt around and bitch about not having a supercharger. Its not fords fault theyve built stout engines that can withstand boost!!! but this n/a 5.0 will do very well, and even better with boost!!! Ford forgot how to build strong running V8's?? so 12.7's (so far) from a stock GT isnt strong to you even though its faster than any stock camaro? Your arguments arent even based on reality, they sound more like fan boy with blinders arguments, not a real auto enthusiast.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Launching!

really? i didnt see the bright flashy pauses in the video that told us that....

yea no ****, but your putting a Camaro with less power up against the GT. im not arguing that its going to be slower. im saying, put the LS3 Camaro against the 5.0 Mustang and it wont be the "walk away" race that the idiots in the video claim.
well, we saw what happens when its automatic vs automatic. Did you see the results of the head to head comparison Motor Trend did with manual trannies? 12.7 vs 13.1 and the mustang had the glass roof option.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Launching!

whats an Mwhatever GT? has your brand loyalty so skewered and blinded your perception that it hurts you to say the word Mustang? Now i know why its so hard to have a real unbiased discussion with some of you guys.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

whats an Mwhatever GT? has your brand loyalty so skewered and blinded your perception that it hurts you to say the word Mustang? Now i know why its so hard to have a real unbiased discussion with some of you guys.
no M whatever was i couldnt remember off the top of my head what transmission was behind the new 5.0.

i know the Camaro has the M6

and the Mustang has the M....whatever. lol
Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

well, we saw what happens when its automatic vs automatic. Did you see the results of the head to head comparison Motor Trend did with manual trannies? 12.7 vs 13.1 and the mustang had the glass roof option.
so, since 1 magazine has ran it to a 12.7, thats means thats it right? thats what it runs?

lets step back to 2002 when muscle mustangs and fast fords ran a BONE stock LS1 SS to a 12.8 or some **** like that....

but do you see everyone on here claiming they are that fast because 1 professional driver took it to that? no...

so i totally beleive that we shouldnt judge the GT untill we see real world numbers.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was saying that he didn't know how may gears were in the Mustand transmission. He didn't know if it was a 5 or 6 speed.

Honestly though I would rather listen to a fat woman fart than listen to all of this bitching.

I am glad the Mustang finally makes some real power NA. give GM a reason to squeeze a few more out of the ls motor.

Competition improves the breed.

Kudo's to Ford for a job very well done.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Launching!

so, since 1 magazine has ran it to a 12.7, thats means thats it right? thats what it runs?

lets step back to 2002 when muscle mustangs and fast fords ran a BONE stock LS1 SS to a 12.8 or some **** like that....

but do you see everyone on here claiming they are that fast because 1 professional driver took it to that? no...

so i totally beleive that we shouldnt judge the GT untill we see real world numbers.
my bad about the M whatever, my mistake.....

that 12.8 was with evan smith driving. He also got a stock termninator mustang (cobra) to run 12.43@113mph and a stock 2006 GT500 (450hp) to run 12.25@117mph

the 12.7 with the Mustang GT was with a Motor Trend driver, NOT Evan Smith.

BTW Evan Smith also ran a 2008 GT500 Super Snake (the 605hp full warranty version, NOT the 725hp version) to the tune of 10.8@134 with drag radials.

he also ran 11.9@120 in a 2010 GT500 (10less HP and 150lbs more than 2011)
Old 04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

you and king nut sack have been arguing all thread long about whats fair and whats not, so whats fair about putting an automatic Camaro with less power against a new GT. lets see a race against an M6 Camaro and an Mwhatever GT...or lets put the ball in the Camaro's court and put it up against the 2010 GT.
Show me where I ever said something wasn't fair between these two cars. I am not a brand loyal ignorant snob that isn't willing to open my eyes to the fact that there is more than just one auto maker that can build a quality engine. I am an automotive enthusiast. I give respect where it is deserved. In this case, the '11 GT deserves that respect (as far as these current times and numbers are concerned). Same goes for the LSX platform. Basically everything I have said has been about the Terminator Cobra. I wouldn't own a 2V or 3V mustang.

Now let me get this straight...You are bitching about the video because it's a less powerful Camaro against the more powerful mustang regardless that they are identical competition for each other (auto base v8s) but then you talk about putting the '10 SS against the '10 GT in your very next post? I bet you like to pick on n/a 4cylinders, don't you?

your putting a Camaro with less power up against the GT.
lets put the ball in the Camaro's court and put it up against the 2010 GT.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

more posts with nothing but excuses excuses. "ford guys bitch we have more displacement" then you turn rigt around and bitch about not having a supercharger. Its not fords fault theyve built stout engines that can withstand boost!!! but this n/a 5.0 will do very well, and even better with boost!!! Ford forgot how to build strong running V8's?? so 12.7's (so far) from a stock GT isnt strong to you even though its faster than any stock camaro? Your arguments arent even based on reality, they sound more like fan boy with blinders arguments, not a real auto enthusiast.
As usual you ford guys only hear what you want to hear...Once the mustang gets a beefed up frame you'll see it run in the 13's. And where do you see me bitching that a mustang has a blower. I brought up the fact that ford NEEDS a blower to run strong. It's not an excuse its fact, And it's you ford guys that bitch that LS1 have more cubes and i only brought up the fact that it's not our fault that GM has more cubes. It's when a mustang owner loses a race they use the excuse that we have more cubes. I had a guy whine to me when i beat him in his '03 cobra cause i was running a 125 wet shot...lol. I laughed my *** off since the cobra was heavily modified including a ported blower and a pulley kit. So in the eyes of mustang owners we can't run nitrous even though they have a blower thats over driven...lol.
And yes 12.7's is quick, but other magazines ran worse times. And why don't ANY of you mustang guys answer why Saleen is quoting only 13.5's?? Is it a misprint? Cause when i did a google search it showed the same 1/4 mile times on all the other sites not just musclecarmustangs.com. I personally like that blower that Saleen is using on the blower model. The 13.5 is the NA version.
So instead of shotting down the new camaro cause of its weight, please answer the Saleen question.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Show me where I ever said something wasn't fair between these two cars. I am not a brand loyal ignorant snob that isn't willing to open my eyes to the fact that there is more than just one auto maker that can build a quality engine. I am an automotive enthusiast. I give respect where it is deserved. In this case, the '11 GT deserves that respect (as far as these current times and numbers are concerned). Same goes for the LSX platform. Basically everything I have said has been about the Terminator Cobra. I wouldn't own a 2V or 3V mustang.

Now let me get this straight...You are bitching about the video because it's a less powerful Camaro against the more powerful mustang regardless that they are identical competition for each other (auto base v8s) but then you talk about putting the '10 SS against the '10 GT in your very next post? I bet you like to pick on n/a 4cylinders, don't you?
i do pick on N/A 4 bangers....but thats besides the point.

you bring up the automatic (400) hp Camaro against an automatic (412) hp GT and tell me its a fair battle, which is obviously true in some respects, but not what has been argued in this thread. if you think the automatic less powerful Camaro up against the lighter more powerful Mustang is a fair fight then i guess using your logic, the more powerful '10 Camaro against the less powerful '10 GT is fair.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Launching!

As usual you ford guys only hear what you want to hear...Once the mustang gets a beefed up frame you'll see it run in the 13's. And where do you see me bitching that a mustang has a blower. I brought up the fact that ford NEEDS a blower to run strong. It's not an excuse its fact, And it's you ford guys that bitch that LS1 have more cubes and i only brought up the fact that it's not our fault that GM has more cubes. It's when a mustang owner loses a race they use the excuse that we have more cubes. I had a guy whine to me when i beat him in his '03 cobra cause i was running a 125 wet shot...lol. I laughed my *** off since the cobra was heavily modified including a ported blower and a pulley kit. So in the eyes of mustang owners we can't run nitrous even though they have a blower thats over driven...lol.
And yes 12.7's is quick, but other magazines ran worse times. And why don't ANY of you mustang guys answer why Saleen is quoting only 13.5's?? Is it a misprint? Cause when i did a google search it showed the same 1/4 mile times on all the other sites not just musclecarmustangs.com. I personally like that blower that Saleen is using on the blower model. The 13.5 is the NA version.
So instead of shotting down the new camaro cause of its weight, please answer the Saleen question.
you sound just like an LS1 guy i beat with my galaxie complaining it was just because i have a big block and started talking crap about my gas mileage. Some people just dont learn that there are faster cars out there and always will be. And i emailed SMS about the quarter times printed and so far i havent got a response from them, but obviously by looking at the trap speeds it should be 12.5 and not 13.5. Youd have to be a complete moron to think that the best it can do is 13.5.....you didnt really think it would only run mid 13's did you?
And im not a Ford guy, im a car guy. We should all be car guys, why would you want to segregate everything?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Launching!

i do pick on N/A 4 bangers....but thats besides the point.

you bring up the automatic (400) hp Camaro against an automatic (412) hp GT and tell me its a fair battle, which is obviously true in some respects, but not what has been argued in this thread. if you think the automatic less powerful Camaro up against the lighter more powerful Mustang is a fair fight then i guess using your logic, the more powerful '10 Camaro against the less powerful '10 GT is fair.
we already know the automatic 2010 Camaro was faster than the Automatic GT and ford knew the 3v has run its course and developed the awesome new 5.0. Why are you so stuck in the past?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Basically the new GT is unproven and only a few have tested this car. Lets see how the
car does once it's on the street and driven on the track with the average driver. I'm not saying its true, but i wouldn't be surprised in attempt to pick up the sales that ford has been losing lately to the camaro that ford has been giving out ringer cars to drum up hype.
It's not like businesses don't do crap like that not just the auto industry. We'll see once the production GT's are out for a few months. There's been too many times floating around about the GT's. Time will tell what the GT runs. And that video means nothing. Who knows if either car is what it's supposed to be. The camaro can be detuned, or have a guy thats used to driving honda's. Or the GT might have a good driver or it could be tricked out alittle. Plus you can't trust the internet. Lets wait and see what the average guy does in the GT on a race track. And also on the street. Then after the mustang gets its chassis strengthened the laughing at the camaros weight will stop.
I give companies like LMR and procharger credit for getting the SS in the mid to low 11's on stock bottom ends. Oh thats right the camaro is too heavy and can't be fast.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno