Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bww3588
i do pick on N/A 4 bangers....but thats besides the point.

you bring up the automatic (400) hp Camaro against an automatic (412) hp GT and tell me its a fair battle, which is obviously true in some respects, but not what has been argued in this thread. if you think the automatic less powerful Camaro up against the lighter more powerful Mustang is a fair fight then i guess using your logic, the more powerful '10 Camaro against the less powerful '10 GT is fair.
Yes, it is fair in the comparison of year models. Your problem is that you can't deal with the fact that the 11 GT is going to be faster than the 11 SS. Because of that, you guys are reverting back the days of when the Camaro was faster than the GT. Well, so far, it looks like 2011 belongs to the GT in this battle, 2012 may be different.
Old 04-19-2010 | 07:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Basically the new GT is unproven and only a few have tested this car. Lets see how the
car does once it's on the street and driven on the track with the average driver. I'm not saying its true, but i wouldn't be surprised in attempt to pick up the sales that ford has been losing lately to the camaro that ford has been giving out ringer cars to drum up hype.
It's not like businesses don't do crap like that not just the auto industry. We'll see once the production GT's are out for a few months. There's been too many times floating around about the GT's. Time will tell what the GT runs. And that video means nothing. Who knows if either car is what it's supposed to be. The camaro can be detuned, or have a guy thats used to driving honda's. Or the GT might have a good driver or it could be tricked out alittle. Plus you can't trust the internet. Lets wait and see what the average guy does in the GT on a race track. And also on the street. Then after the mustang gets its chassis strengthened the laughing at the camaros weight will stop.
I give companies like LMR and procharger credit for getting the SS in the mid to low 11's on stock bottom ends. Oh thats right the camaro is too heavy and can't be fast.
nobody here said the camaro was too heavy and cant be fast! quit getting so butt hurt over it. We're just saying the camaro has more to overcome due to being overweight, but never said it CANT be fast.
If anything i think the Mustang will be even quicker (by a little bit) than the mags are saying because the car hits its rev limiter at 110-111mph in 3rd and has to shift into fourth right before the end of the 1/4 (and kills some MPHs). I bet a simple lifting of the rev limiter will net even better times (and MPHs). The current rev limiter i believe is set at 6850 and the car makes peak power at 6500 so it should be shifted AT the minimum 7000rpms.
Old 04-19-2010 | 07:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DieselNuts
Yes, it is fair in the comparison of year models. Your problem is that you can't deal with the fact that the 11 GT is going to be faster than the 11 SS. Because of that, you guys are reverting back the days of when the Camaro was faster than the GT. Well, so far, it looks like 2011 belongs to the GT in this battle, 2012 may be different.
I think throwing more power at these cars will only works to a certain point and its starting to get there. The 2010 Mustang GT got really good reviews despite having about 100less hp mostly because its other driving dynamics were excellent.
Old 04-19-2010 | 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DieselNuts
show me times of the '11 SS....oh thats right they dont exist. whats to say GM wont light a fire under the little LS3 and squeeze out a few more for the '11 SS?

so far, your right. '11 does belong to the GT because GM hasent produced the '11 SS yet.
Old 04-19-2010 | 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
you sound just like an LS1 guy i beat with my galaxie complaining it was just because i have a big block and started talking crap about my gas mileage. Some people just dont learn that there are faster cars out there and always will be. And i emailed SMS about the quarter times printed and so far i havent got a response from them, but obviously by looking at the trap speeds it should be 12.5 and not 13.5. Youd have to be a complete moron to think that the best it can do is 13.5.....you didnt really think it would only run mid 13's did you?
And im not a Ford guy, im a car guy. We should all be car guys, why would you want to segregate everything?
Hey handjob thats why i asked if the 13.5 times was a misprint. So you got guts calling anyone a moron...I didn't make up that times, its posted on mustang web sites. Trap speeds don't mean ****, that shows that you're a moron...you never saw a car 60ft bad and run a crappy 1/4 mile yet still run a good MPH??? So tell us more about that so called great galaxie you have. Whats it run since you keep bringing it up that you beat LS1's all day long with it. You must run into a lot of stock LS1's. Now if your galaxie is a trailer queen or a track only car then we're talking about 2 totally different classes.
Is your galaxie a street car?? Is it hogged out?? Is it even street legal?
So lets hear more about this magical galaxie you have. Like you said yourself there's always something faster out there. If you run up against a modded LS f-body or Vette i really doubt you beat everyone you race like you make it sound like. I ran low 10.9's at 127.71 mph with stock 241 castings with only the short turn, valve guilde milled down alittle and deshrouded valves, a small 216/220 .525/.532 114 lsa cam, Vig3600 stall with stock 3.23 rear, and longtube headers with Borla CB and a 125hp wet shot. But my WS6 was 100% full weight with no skinnies up front and QTP's on Weld Prostars. And it beat big blocks, but not everyone i ran up against.
And its safe to say that we all are car guys or we wouldn't bother even being on a site like this, so that's brainless statement. And just because i question what a car runs or that i'm brand loyal doesn't make anyone any less of a " car guy ". You don't think mustang guys are brand loyal? Or Mopar guys? Or GTO guys? So its obvious that we all here are car guys. But you hind behind that term when you're obviously a Ford guy...its OK to admit it, the sky won't fall...
Old 04-19-2010 | 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

nobody here said the camaro was too heavy and cant be fast! quit getting so butt hurt over it. We're just saying the camaro has more to overcome due to being overweight, but never said it CANT be fast.
If anything i think the Mustang will be even quicker (by a little bit) than the mags are saying because the car hits its rev limiter at 110-111mph in 3rd and has to shift into fourth right before the end of the 1/4 (and kills some MPHs). I bet a simple lifting of the rev limiter will net even better times (and MPHs). The current rev limiter i believe is set at 6850 and the car makes peak power at 6500 so it should be shifted AT the minimum 7000rpms.

And i have my opinion and say it wont be faster. And once Ford gets up to date and meet the feds. impact requirements it will gain weight like the camaro.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

show me times of the '11 SS....oh thats right they dont exist. whats to say GM wont light a fire under the little LS3 and squeeze out a few more for the '11 SS?

so far, your right. '11 does belong to the GT because GM hasent produced the '11 SS yet.
Thats fine..so Ford finally will have 1 year as king Since the 1998 GM has
been king, its only fair to give ford 1 year. We'll see how the smaller 5.0 motor does when the stang gains weight. GM has plenty of room to grow with the LS motor. GM has been known to under rate their motors. In 2002 the LS1 was rated at 305fwhp, but was actually making over 300 rwhp in the Vette and f-body. The 5.0 motor is only .4 liters bigger than the motor it's replacing. We'll just have to see
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

been king, its only fair to give ford 1 year. We'll see how the smaller 5.0 motor does when the stang gains weight. GM has plenty of room to grow with the LS motor. GM has been known to under rate their motors. In 2002 the LS1 was rated at 305fwhp, but was actually making over 300 rwhp in the Vette and f-body. The 5.0 motor is only .4 liters bigger than the motor it's replacing. We'll just have to see
actually in 1998-2000 the SS was rated at 310 or 315 and in 2001-2002 it was rated at 325. regardless, it was making about 350 at the crank regardless of year or trim level (Z28, SS, T/A, WS6)
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:22 PM
Launching!

Hey handjob thats why i asked if the 13.5 times was a misprint. So you got guts calling anyone a moron...I didn't make up that times, its posted on mustang web sites. Trap speeds don't mean ****, that shows that you're a moron...you never saw a car 60ft bad and run a crappy 1/4 mile yet still run a good MPH??? So tell us more about that so called great galaxie you have. Whats it run since you keep bringing it up that you beat LS1's all day long with it. You must run into a lot of stock LS1's. Now if your galaxie is a trailer queen or a track only car then we're talking about 2 totally different classes.
Is your galaxie a street car?? Is it hogged out?? Is it even street legal?
So lets hear more about this magical galaxie you have. Like you said yourself there's always something faster out there. If you run up against a modded LS f-body or Vette i really doubt you beat everyone you race like you make it sound like. I ran low 10.9's at 127.71 mph with stock 241 castings with only the short turn, valve guilde milled down alittle and deshrouded valves, a small 216/220 .525/.532 114 lsa cam, Vig3600 stall with stock 3.23 rear, and longtube headers with Borla CB and a 125hp wet shot. But my WS6 was 100% full weight with no skinnies up front and QTP's on Weld Prostars. And it beat big blocks, but not everyone i ran up against.
And its safe to say that we all are car guys or we wouldn't bother even being on a site like this, so that's brainless statement. And just because i question what a car runs or that i'm brand loyal doesn't make anyone any less of a " car guy ". You don't think mustang guys are brand loyal? Or Mopar guys? Or GTO guys? So its obvious that we all here are car guys. But you hind behind that term when you're obviously a Ford guy...its OK to admit it, the sky won't fall...
LMAO i said youd be a moron to think that a 440hp mustang would run 13.5 at its best! if you didnt believe the 13.5 then you are NOT a moron.

My galaxie is not magical nor is it a track car. And yes it is street legal and isnt a gutted out no interior race car. The fact that it makes 510+RWHP and 540+RWTQ (through a C6 auto and 9" rear) tells me that it will beat a lot of cars (which it has) and can get beat by MANY MANY cars. A lot of them on this very site. I just let you know that i have beaten an LS1 before just to have its dumb owner turn around and start using that stupid displacement excuse that EVERYBODY uses. My engine is a mildish budget 533 stroker and it is street legal (what would make it non-street legal????) and i drive it only on the street. When i get a roll bar i will take it to the track. Anyways it isnt magical and theres no rocket science behind it. just TFS OTB STREET HEADS (not large port race heads), cam, $1200 stroker kit and viola, horsepower. anyways enough about that.
The trap speeds on the car tell us what the car is capable of and how much power the engine is producing you should know that. If youd rather look at ET's instead then thats fine but the new Mustang makes the new camaro look even worse in that department, probably due to it being lighter and easier to launch AND better gearing. Sheesh, why you so tightly wound up?!?!?
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:23 PM
Launching!

And i have my opinion and say it wont be faster. And once Ford gets up to date and meet the feds. impact requirements it will gain weight like the camaro.
and what exactly are the feds. impact requirements and what does the mustang need to do to meet them? or are you just parrotting information other people are passing??
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

actually in 1998-2000 the SS was rated at 310 or 315 and in 2001-2002 it was rated at 325. regardless, it was making about 350 at the crank regardless of year or trim level (Z28, SS, T/A, WS6)
Thats right, my bad. But like you said that over 350hp at the crank and thats
with a 197/207 duration cam...lol. Gotta love it
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:30 PM
Launching!

you can think GMs been "King" since 1998 and ignore the Cobra if your choice is to stick your head in the sand so be it, thats ok. But where was a GM pony car after 2002? Its not all about who has the most power, and whos car performs the best otherwise we'd all own motorcycles or something. If going fast was my only criteria i sure as heck wouldnt own a heavy *** galaxie.

BTW we're getting off topic. But the way most engines are rated (with the Sae CERTIFICATION) engines cannot be underated or overrated. They are rated by a third party to produce within 1% of the power advertised. In 1998-2002 the F-Body was overrated because they just used the LS1 found in the Vette. That is common knowledge and not sure how exactly this fits into this whole discussion.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:34 PM
Launching!

comparing the 2011 GT to the 2010 SS is as fair as it can get at this point since the 2011 GT will be out on the street within days (they are already being produced). I dont think the 2011 SS is coming out till like November. Might as well call the 2011 SS the 2012 SS or call the new GT's the "Updated" 2010 GT's or whatever.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

and what exactly are the feds. impact requirements and what does the mustang need to do to meet them? or are you just parrotting information other people are passing??
Man you might aswell quit trying to talk to Blacknite lol. Hell he was not even man enought to admit he was wrong about that stalled l99 that went 12.79 in the march gmhtp issue. Pretty funny everything posted was based on factual information, but yet I need to get my ****** facts strait lmao.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Thats a typical ******* Ford guy answer. I knew Ford didn't upgrade its frame awhile ago. So its not OK for more than 1 person to talk about the same subject?? Get over yourself. It's a fact that Ford has to upgrade its chassis.
You're such a genious do a search from yesterday and you'll see i was one of the first ones to mention the chassis upgrade. BTW, you're only making 510rwhp in that big of a motor..LOL. Thats sad man, big time. Maybe you should build a new 454cid LSX and make more power than that turd motor you got now..holy god and you claim you're beating LS1?? I wouldn't brag about that..HAHA.
**** 427cid LS motors make for hp and tq than that..lol. SO the only LS1 you're beating are near stock ones. So whats it run? Damn there's actaully big head and cam stock cube LS motors making close to your numbers. You must be racing stock LS1.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

I think Ford did a good job with it. I can't wait to get next to one. I might even go take a test drive.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:54 PM
Banned

you can think GMs been "King" since 1998 and ignore the Cobra if your choice is to stick your head in the sand so be it, thats ok. But where was a GM pony car after 2002? Its not all about who has the most power, and whos car performs the best otherwise we'd all own motorcycles or something. If going fast was my only criteria i sure as heck wouldnt own a heavy *** galaxie.

BTW we're getting off topic. But the way most engines are rated (with the Sae CERTIFICATION) engines cannot be underated or overrated. They are rated by a third party to produce within 1% of the power advertised. In 1998-2002 the F-Body was overrated because they just used the LS1 found in the Vette. That is common knowledge and not sure how exactly this fits into this whole discussion.
You Ford guys should hope that the 2011 Mustang GT is not a joke like the 1999 Mustang Cobra originally was! 320 hp to run 14.70's
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Man you might aswell quit trying to talk to Blacknite lol. Hell he was not even man enought to admit he was wrong about that stalled l99 that went 12.79 in the march gmhtp issue. Pretty funny everything posted was based on factual information, but yet I need to get my ****** facts strait lmao, what a PUUUSSSSY!
Thats the best subject you can only bring up??? Thats all you have to find wrong with a camaro??? You sad jerkoff!!! Man you really put me in my place....you found an SS with a tiny stall run a 12.79. Well even a retard like yourself can figure that a 2,800 stall knocked off almost 4 tenths and it only cost $600...Man you showed me....i guess GM should stop making the camaro since a 2,800 stall can only get a camaro in the 12.7's...Damn ******* you're a better designer than everyone at Chevy AND any torque converter company!!!
**** you're right, everyone should sell their camaros right away. You should change your screen name to KING-Freaking-Know-it-All. **** you should get and engineering job with a car company...You got it all figured out..
Douche!!!
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:58 PM
Launching!

Thats a typical ******* Ford guy answer. I knew Ford didn't upgrade its frame awhile ago. So its not OK for more than 1 person to talk about the same subject?? Get over yourself. It's a fact that Ford has to upgrade its chassis.
You're such a genious do a search from yesterday and you'll see i was one of the first ones to mention the chassis upgrade. BTW, you're only making 510rwhp in that big of a motor..LOL. Thats sad man, big time. Maybe you should build a new 454cid LSX and make more power than that turd motor you got now..holy god and you claim you're beating LS1?? I wouldn't brag about that..HAHA.
**** 427cid LS motors make for hp and tq than that..lol. SO the only LS1 you're beating are near stock ones. So whats it run? Damn there's actaully big head and cam stock cube LS motors making close to your numbers. You must be racing stock LS1.
this is just a street motor, i dont have the kind of money to afford an all out engine. If i had enough money for a 454LSX then i would have enough money to throw hemi heads on my engine and make 900hp n/a but i dont so i build what i can, thats the beauty of this hobby. And i have already seen stock cubed all out race LS1's making more or similar power but that doesnt bother me.Those engines cost just as much if not more. On top of that, my car did it through a nonlocking C6 transmission and 9"rear and still needs dyno tuning. Shoot there are 4 cylinder cars out there that have made more power but who cares i already admitted that with the power it makes, it is very beatable.
typical ford *******? all i asked was for you to post what exactly they need to meet the new standards or better yet, what those standards are since you brought it up.
Old 04-19-2010 | 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 wife
You Ford guys should hope that the 2011 Mustang GT is not a joke like the 1999 Mustang Cobra originally was! 320 hp to run 14.70's
LOL..I remember that...Ford claimed the 2000 cobra was supposed to make
305hp. They were all getting recalled..lol.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno