Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
relax....both of you children or im going to turn this car around....

seriously tho, im having a good time arguing topics at hand, and would like to see this thread stay open, and its not going to much longer with the internet boxing match going on.

on a more on topic note, the L99 Camaro;s have been having power problems. i beleive its something in the AFM causing lift issues. but from what ive read it can be fixed with a simple PCM flash from GM.

also, when the 99 Cobra came out, i dont *think* it was federally mandated that the engines be SAE certified. i also think that the problem with the 2000 Cobra's is what led to SAE mandations.

also...MauriSSio's 540 RWTQ is considerably more than an equally built LS motor making 500 RWHP. the LS motors making 500 RWHP typically make less TQ. i didnt sleep thru the day of class when they told me TQ is what moves a car. unless the galaxie is seriously bloated, i dont see it being a problem dusting similar F-bodies.

no im not sucking *** either. j
Dude honeslty Im fine, I just want all this bitch fest to end and get back on topic. You guys are misunderstanding what my point is I guess. Maybe Im not the best typist lol, so my points are taken the wrong way idk. Honestly I like the camaro, I would roll one all day. My whole point again was from the "REPORTS" lol, it appears For stepped up thier game with the new 5.0. I know that the article in gmhtp does not mean thats what all l99's are capable of lol. I know they have TONS of potential... more than th new 5.0 will have most likely, but stock for stock it should be a drivers race between the two. Thats what the first few pages of this thread was about, then it got all turned around and Im getting called out on every little thing that you could possibly argue. Lol
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true, however, an SAE tech comes to the auto maunfacturers dyno and watches it make its advratised HP. which makes me wonder if the auto makers fudge their dyno a little....
i was unaware of this. I thought i read somewhere that they get a random sample of production cars. I need to look into this more.

Edit: i just read that they are randomly tested from engines that are off the assembly line over at SAE facilities.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Up yours pal...i stood up for the camaros and asked questions about the new 5.0.
I didn't call anyone any names until i was called a moron quite a few post ago, thats when
i got personal. Plus this is a public forum you ain't the right to tell anyone to shut up.
You don't like the fact that i don't like Ford motors well thats life.
quote a post from me calling you a moron and Ill apologize, but other than that I think you owe me one. Im done talkin about it in here, keep it to pm's, phone, in person, you pick it.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i admit i let the fact that being a big GM fan get to me. Sorry for getting off track.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
quote a post from me calling you a moron and Ill apologize, but other than that I think you owe me one. Im done talkin about it in here, keep it to pm's, phone, in person, you pick it.
Yup i do...sorry if i got bad with you. We are all car guys and we are lucky
to be in a time where there are some really nice cars out there.
Apologizes to all!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude Im a GM fan for life! I have owned a f-body for over 10yrs now, only had one Ford truck, it was ok... but I like my Silverado alot better. Im just willing to admit that Ford has decided to step thier game way up as of recent! Maybe it's because GM was starting to gain sales on Ford not really sure on that tho... Again I think you took some of my posts the wrong way. I think think GM might fire back with more power for 2011 or 12, but they don't need to. I never said the 11gt was going to beat the 2010 SS anyways, but it should be close to a drivers race stock for stock. Imo that makes for some of the best racing!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yup i do...sorry if i got bad with you. We are all car guys and we are lucky
to be in a time where there are some really nice cars out there.
Apologizes to all!!!
Apology accepted! I know it's easy to get heated on this topic. Camaro vs Stang has been a volitile subject for many years lol.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
i was unaware of this. I thought i read somewhere that they get a random sample of production cars. I need to look into this more.
i remember what it was now, it was on the history channel, the history of horsepower. maybe it was modern marvles. anyways, GM was testing a 5.3 for a truck and they had an SAE official come in and watch the dyno pull and certify it.
goddamnit i cant find a clip, but it shows an SAE tech watching the dyno pulls including 5 hours of testing.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

And i emailed SMS about the quarter times printed and so far i havent got a response from them, but obviously by looking at the trap speeds it should be 12.5 and not 13.5. Youd have to be a complete moron to think that the best it can do is 13.5.....you didnt really think it would only run mid 13's did you?
Funny how you still believe the 116mph isnt a typo but the 13.5 is. Thats just the point, neither number is credible. If you think a 110-111 mph car will pick up 5-6 mph in the 1/4 from 28 horsepower there are bigger issues. If this is true imagine what the new magical mustang will do on a 100 shot of nitrous. Probably a 17.5 at 150 mph.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Launching!

i remember what it was now, it was on the history channel, the history of horsepower. maybe it was modern marvles. anyways, GM was testing a 5.3 for a truck and they had an SAE official come in and watch the dyno pull and certify it.
goddamnit i cant find a clip, but it shows an SAE tech watching the dyno pulls including 5 hours of testing.
i think youre right. but an sae technician has to overlook the entire procedure.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Funny how you still believe the 116mph isnt a typo but the 13.5 is. Thats just the point, neither number is credible. If you think a 110-111 mph car will pick up 5-6 mph in the 1/4 from 28 horsepower there are bigger issues. If this is true imagine what the new magical mustang will do on a 100 shot of nitrous. Probably a 17.5 at 150 mph.
maybe the new trap speed also attained with a proper shift point of 7000+(the SMS has a mild tune) instead of the 6800rpm on an engine that peaks at 6500rpm.Its a possibility!

reguardless almost 30 horsepower from just a few bolt-ons tells me this engine is not "maxxed out" from the factory.

Last edited by MauriSSio; 04-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

show me times of the '11 SS....oh thats right they dont exist. whats to say GM wont light a fire under the little LS3 and squeeze out a few more for the '11 SS?

so far, your right. '11 does belong to the GT because GM hasent produced the '11 SS yet.
holy ****...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

And its safe to say that we all are car guys or we wouldn't bother even being on a site like this, so that's brainless statement. And just because i question what a car runs or that i'm brand loyal doesn't make anyone any less of a " car guy ". You don't think mustang guys are brand loyal? Or Mopar guys? Or GTO guys? So its obvious that we all here are car guys. But you hind behind that term when you're obviously a Ford guy...its OK to admit it, the sky won't fall...
Since when is it only ok to like one manufacturer? I never got that memo...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

GM has been known to under rate their motors. In 2002 the LS1 was rated at 305fwhp, but was actually making over 300 rwhp in the Vette and f-body.
I guess you missed this post...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13131287-post61.html
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DieselNuts
I guess you missed this post...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13131287-post61.html
I don't know if I'd be proud that my car put down 100 more rwhp than a car it can only beat by a couple tenths.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jesus this thread got off track real fast.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

LOL..I remember that...Ford claimed the 2000 cobra was supposed to make
305hp. They were all getting recalled..lol.
get your facts straight. It was the 99 Cobra. That's why there WASN'T a 2000 Cobra, and the 99 was rated at 320 but really only made about 285ish at the crank.

And before you start talking more **** and knocking on Ford with this information, I'm fully aware of everything you have to say about it because I feel the same way. Why? Because like I said, I give respect where it is due. Obviously it wasn't due with that car. Even though they corrected the problem, it still hurt their reputation and gave chevy nutswingers more ammunition to use while talking ****. I don't swing on any brand's nuts, I just call it like I see it.

I suppose you think a supra is a pos because it uses 6 cylinders and requires a turbo to make insane numbers...

Originally Posted by Johns00Z28
I don't know if I'd be proud that my car put down 100 more rwhp than a car it can only beat by a couple tenths.
Never said I was proud of anything. I was simply saying that my car was RATED at 390 flywheel horse power and actually made 404 Rear Wheel horse power. It was under rated....just like the LS1...

Also, do a solid axle swap and throw some slicks on and you have a LOT more than just a couple tenths. The IRS really hurt the car in the event of a drag race, but I didn't buy the car to drag race. I wanted it to handle. Going around a road course is WAY more fun than a 12second (plus/minus) blast down a straight strip.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

and what exactly are the feds. impact requirements and what does the mustang need to do to meet them? or are you just parrotting information other people are passing??
Extra airbags...totaling like 6 now I think. New side impact regulations and roof reinforcements...which I dont know what that means for the glass top.

Man you might aswell quit trying to talk to Blacknite lol. Hell he was not even man enought to admit he was wrong about that stalled l99 that went 12.79 in the march gmhtp issue. Pretty funny everything posted was based on factual information, but yet I need to get my ****** facts strait lmao.
I posted stock times l99s were running. You chose to ignore it. I posted my times on a **** 60' and you ignore that too.

GM has had a similar debacle with the new L99 powered camaros as well. Lots arent putting down the power they should be, look it up. I dont really see how any of this pertains to the new 5.0 though.....
I dont think ford engines making less hp and getting sued is equal to pcms not readjusting to the high octane table on some vin numbers. Issue is corrected BTW.

Originally Posted by DieselNuts
I suppose you think a supra is a pos because it uses 6 cylinders and requires a turbo to make insane numbers...
No, a supra is a pos because it uses 6 cylinders and requires a turbo to make insane numbers to run a 12....if it doesnt ******* break before the 60' mark.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ss1129
No, a supra is a pos because it uses 6 cylinders and requires a turbo to make insane numbers to run a 12....if it doesnt ******* break before the 60' mark.
So, with that mentality the Buick GNX and it's predecessors were POS's too then, right?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Apology accepted! I know it's easy to get heated on this topic. Camaro vs Stang has been a volitile subject for many years lol.
It's funny i ran out to the store during the heated part of this thread and i
remember think how mustang vs. camaro will go on forever..lol. That pic of your camaro looks sweet. I have a '02 Red SS A4...lol. I want to go with heads and cam again for this f-body. I know Craig Gallant from GTP and he's gonna do
me a set of stage 1.5 241 castings. I'm looking at a custom 218/224 .604/.609 113+1 LSA cam. Should be a strong street setup. I hope..lol. Again sorry boss.
I've been a Chevy fan since i was like 5 years old and i'm now 42..lol.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Mustang Dyno