Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Tuned "El Torro"

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

considering he has less bolt-ons i think he's doing pretty good.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you have a base dyno before camming it?
If not, then you have no way of knowing how much the cam gave you and all this speculations are worthless.
Also, did you degree your cam? and I also can deduct that it is not fully tuned.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Im with predator, on not being fully tuned.... also you mentioned that you dont have a ported tb or ud pulley, which is a 10-20rwhp on your camm'd setup. Being locked thought I think something is not lined up right though, if it was unlocked I would say its right on par but get a ported tb & pulley on it and see what that nets you.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

well I might have to get myself a ported tb and a ud pulley to reach 400rwhp... but yesterday while driving my car I thought I was hearing a ticking noise coming from the engine... after I washed it I started the car and opend up the hood... well I didn't hear any ticking noise at all... well what I heard was a hissing sound.... within a couple of seconds I found out were that sound was coming from... you will see in the picture.. there is a hole in the tube... so I would say that it has something to do with the idel but I'm not for sure if it would mess with the power or not.. I ordered a tube today from the local GM dealership... so now I guess it's a wait game..

but do you guys think that it would mess with my hp any?

sorry about the quailty of the picture... it was taken with my phone...

Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah your tune is goig to be off that is unmetered air entering the intake...so if it was tuned with the leak and then you close the hole up it could make the car go rich...I can't tell from the picture how big the hole is though...but that is definitely not helping your idle
Old 05-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

it's a nice size hole on the bottom of it... if I cover the hole with my finger my car dies.. and I did put a different hose on there and well it doesn't want to idle at all so I just put that one back on...

Last edited by najaf4life; 05-29-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

retune with new hose
Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by najaf4life
well I might have to get myself a ported tb and a ud pulley to reach 400rwhp... but yesterday while driving my car I thought I was hearing a ticking noise coming from the engine... after I washed it I started the car and opend up the hood... well I didn't hear any ticking noise at all... well what I heard was a hissing sound.... within a couple of seconds I found out were that sound was coming from... you will see in the picture.. there is a hole in the tube... so I would say that it has something to do with the idel but I'm not for sure if it would mess with the power or not.. I ordered a tube today from the local GM dealership... so now I guess it's a wait game..

but do you guys think that it would mess with my hp any?

sorry about the quailty of the picture... it was taken with my phone...

i had that same problem on mine and it caused my car to almost die at times and i was just lt's intake and exhaust no cam. i raced a buddy with a 07 mustang and he beat me bad, i replaced that hose and i beat him by half a car 2 times in a row the same day lol get it retuned ASAP and let us know, also look at gettin a U/D pulley and P&P TB

btw chris those are awesome numbers for you h/c!!!!

Last edited by King Nothing; 05-31-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by King Nothing
i ahd that same problem on mine and it caused my car to almost die at times and i was just lt's intake and exhaust no cam. i raced a buddy with a 07 mustang and he beat me bad, i replaced that hose and i beat him by half a car 2 times in a row the same day lol get it retuned ASAP and let us know, also look at gettin a U/D pulley and P&P TB

btw chris those are awesome numbers for you h/c!!!!
yeah I've been told by some poeple already that leak could really mess things up power wise... and i have thought about getting a U/D pulley and P&P TB.. but not for sure who to buy the tb from....
Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah I've been told by some poeple already that leak could really mess things up power wise... and i have thought about getting a U/D pulley and P&P TB.. but not for sure who to buy the tb from....
first you should replace that hose! i replaced mine with an EGR fitting from autozone because the dealership does not sell that piece by itself, they sell the whole line instead for well over $100. good luck
Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

first you should replace that hose! i replaced mine with an EGR fitting from autozone because the dealership does not sell that piece by itself, they sell the whole line instead for well over $100. good luck
well I only paid $11 something for it from a GM dealership.. and I did replace it with just a hose and well it won't idel at all with the different hose on it.. way to rich and it just dies.. but I don't want to replace it unstill I get back to Mike and have him tune it right after I swap it out with the new one. But I'm just wondering if it will give me any more hp once I put the new piece on and he retunes it..
Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

well I only paid $11 something for it from a GM dealership.. and I did replace it with just a hose and well it won't idel at all with the different hose on it.. way to rich and it just dies.. but I don't want to replace it unstill I get back to Mike and have him tune it right after I swap it out with the new one. But I'm just wondering if it will give me any more hp once I put the new piece on and he retunes it..
damn well then the dealership in my city isn't looking in the right place lol oh well i replaced the whole line anyway cause it was leakin in the back, which we found when we did my h/c.

i think you will cause you wont have a vacuum leak there anymore, at least i gained power back when i replaced that little piece.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

well your right.. they ordered my the wrong piece.... the one I need is $128... and well get this... haven't really shoped around for it... but I can go to gmpartsdirect and well on there it is only $66.... now talk about one heck of a mark up... but I beleive (as of now) I will get myself a U/D pulley... gotta try to gain some type of HP...
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

which piece exactly is that? If its part of the pcv system pull that **** off and put a breather on it and be done with it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The vacuum leak is a main problem, but more importantly your problem is your stuck on the 400hp mark. If the car runs its *** off with 375 then who cares. Its soooo ricer to gauge the fastness of your car on dyno numbers. Get it retuned and if it makes 380 be happy with it.

I could have had my car tuned a little less rich to hit the 500rwhp mark so i could say it made 500 but it doesnt matter what the number is, it matters how it runs.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
The vacuum leak is a main problem, but more importantly your problem is your stuck on the 400hp mark. If the car runs its *** off with 375 then who cares. Its soooo ricer to gauge the fastness of your car on dyno numbers. Get it retuned and if it makes 380 be happy with it.

I could have had my car tuned a little less rich to hit the 500rwhp mark so i could say it made 500 but it doesnt matter what the number is, it matters how it runs.
I understand this... but it doesn't really feel much faster at all after the cam install... I can tell it has a little something but not much more at all... that is why I think that there is really something up... hopefully in the next week or two I'll find some time to tear it apart and make sure that the teeth on the cam lines up.... but I do beleive while I'm at it.. I will install a under drive pulley... to try to get a little more while I'm at it...
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

well the car got tore apart last night... the dots lined up... so back together the car goes and now just looking into getting a new maf and a tb... hopefully with those two things and that new tube I'll get closer to the 400rwhp mark... I'll let you all know what goes on once I get it tuned again..
Old 06-18-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

just for reference look how close are dyno's look

lq4 with the same cam through a 4L80E though
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

IF there was a vacume leak when they tried to tune it your tune is all jacked up which could definetly cause the low hp numbers. Swap the piece and get it retuned. With a good tune it will make more power.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM

since you're going to get a retune, you might as well get the tb and pulley before you do it.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tuned "El Torro"