Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Is 460rwhp possible if I upgrade my intake/TB with my current setup(auto)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is 460rwhp possible if I upgrade my intake/TB with my current setup(auto)

Current Mods:
Stock intake
Stock Throttle body
Stock cat-back with Magnaflow muffler
Heads and Cam combo from VA Speed
(Performance Inductions LXR Heads 215cc) and custom cam
ATI Torque-converter (custom)
(42lbs) Injectors
Pacesetter 1-3/4 and ORY
Lid (MTI)
Stock - bottom end
TUNE -VA Speed

Most of the tune has been dialed in but there still some room for improvement (more so my idle). My first pull was headers and ORY (untune). I'm looking hit 460 with upgraded intake/tb. This mostly a street car - DD so I'm not looking to go to crazy with it. Let me know what you guys think ??

Last edited by crazymonkey; 12-12-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Launching!

i would ask the guys VA speed,since they specd your H/C.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gtotoocool1
i would ask the guys VA speed,since they specd your H/C.
+1

The guys over at VA speed would most definitely be the ones to ask. They know what's up
Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

I been meaning to ask them but something always seems to come up (aka blown transmission). Plus I just wanted to throw my numbers up there. Also I don't see to many PI LXR 215 being posted with stock 346. I do remember one posting with one putting 480ish but he was a manual and probably had more upgrades then I do.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been on there dyno before and it dynos a little lower than other dynos in the area, but to answer your question with a Ported Fast 102 & TB & UDP you might hit 450's on there dyno. Dont chase a dyno number though if you want to see how much better it performs take it to the track, for a before and after thats where it really counts.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
I have been on there dyno before and it dynos a little lower than other dynos in the area, but to answer your question with a Ported Fast 102 & TB & UDP you might hit 450's on there dyno. Dont chase a dyno number though if you want to see how much better it performs take it to the track, for a before and after thats where it really counts.
yea you got a good point there ..... to bad there isn't local track in the area.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazymonkey
yea you got a good point there ..... to bad there isn't local track in the area.
Closest track is a 1/8th mile track in Hertford about a hour from Va beach and then 1/4 mile tracks VMP and Richmond are about 2 hours unfortunatly I think all are closed till Feb/Mar time frame, unless you can catch someone doing a rental.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It's going to be hard (almost impossible) to hit 460rwhp through a stock bottom A4. The only place I've ever seen it done is the internet.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
It's going to be hard (almost impossible) to hit 460rwhp through a stock bottom A4. The only place I've ever seen it done is the internet.

As someone already said, don't chase dyno numbers.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

460 might of been overzealous so 440ish would probably be more practical ..... Maybe my question should be one kind quarter mile time should I expect with slicks with my current setup ???? ( high 11s maybe)
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your running a stock LS6 intake and a bone stock TB right now??

If thats the case I think a properly ported 102 could get you 20-25 more ponies and a ton more throttle response to boot.

The key to the big gains with a ported FAST is having good heads to begin with (and your heads flow well).

If I helped you with a ported FAST I would be surprised and disappointed if you didn't see 20+

PM me if you have an interest....in fact if you want to save some money I still have a used ported 90 around from a customer Im building an engine for (he's going with a ported 102 on a stroker engine I'm building for him).

Go for the FAST....I don't think you will be disappointed one bit....just the opposite in fact. Find one guy making BIG power who doesn't have one.....I assure you its not a conspiracy.....LOL

Cheers,
Tony
Old 12-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Your running a stock LS6 intake and a bone stock TB right now??

If thats the case I think a properly ported 102 could get you 20-25 more ponies and a ton more throttle response to boot.

The key to the big gains with a ported FAST is having good heads to begin with (and your heads flow well).

If I helped you with a ported FAST I would be surprised and disappointed if you didn't see 20+

PM me if you have an interest....in fact if you want to save some money I still have a used ported 90 around from a customer Im building an engine for (he's going with a ported 102 on a stroker engine I'm building for him).

Go for the FAST....I don't think you will be disappointed one bit....just the opposite in fact. Find one guy making BIG power who doesn't have one.....I assure you its not a conspiracy.....LOL

Cheers,
Tony

That would be correct, I do have Ls6 intake and stock TB. That not bad at all . Hey Tony would you say a 102 would be over kill for my car since plans are stick with NA build and 346? is there such thing as to much? also thanks for the input
Old 12-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crazymonkey
That would be correct, I do have Ls6 intake and stock TB. That not bad at all . Hey Tony would you say a 102 would be over kill for my car since plans are stick with NA build and 346? is there such thing as to much? also thanks for the input
No....another Internet myth is a 102 is too big for a hot 346

We aren't atomizing fuel....just feeding the engine with air to mix with fuel the injectors have already atomized and shot straight at the back of your intake valves for maximum effectiveness.

HEADS are the key.....with a really good set of heads a really good intake manifold will allow them to shine....the stock intake simply cant keep up and restrict head flow in the better cylinder heads.

Call me if you have any questions....a five minute phone call would go along way in helping you to understand the benefits of what we are discussing.

Hell....Im so confident your gains would be significant (both SOTP and actual dyno improvements), I may offer you a money back guarantee....LOL

-Tony