Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New dyno numbers on LS3 427 CETA

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...like I said before I never came on here to brag about these dyno numbers nor my car is a dyno queen. I expected average numbers too. I didn't set myself up for a certain number to begin with. Yes I did have a certain level of expectation. Who doesnt? My main focus is that I want a streetcar that can make serious torque, power, and to have an aggressive sound(idle). With me...driveability is a must seeing that it is a daily driver. I'm not here to out dyno anyone. Like Litle88 said I'm here to share my experience with my build because that's what this forum is about. I'm not trying to product "shock and awe", or seek out approval from the masses. Some people may like it while some may not and try call BS on what we achieved. That's cool because
it's a free country. It was a well thought out combo and it seems to be working out fine. I may not have spent as much money as the next guy...but I certainly didn't cheap out on the build either. It runs pretty good on the street. Thats what matters to me.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by litle88
WTF I REmember when all CETA was just trying to be helpful and then all of a sudden the long time 10 year avitar badged thread police show up and start to turn his thread to ****! A simple PM could of been sent lol.

Anyways CETA thanks bud for posting what works with these strokers. All of us that are subscribed know that you are not out to win the dyno section of ls1tech just showing us your combo. Keep up the good work.
You mentioned SAE vs STD.... Why did you want to see it in SAE? "to compare to a know standard that everyone on here uses." that is all. Sorry, about coming on to strong....been on here to long apparently,, and went through the Mustang dyno weight added to make more hp show up on the dyno graphs issues. Fact that just happened last few weekends of dynoing at Mustang dyno vs. Dyno Jet dyno. The "dyno jet" put out less with know cars that were just on the mustang dyno. People are not happy that they make less on a dynojet then on a mustang. Normally mustang read 10 percent less, you get the picture... So basically they wasted there money. (but dynos are just good tuning tools anyway) you however can infer if the power goes up over baseline that your making more actual power. I like his combo and it will work good, trust me I respect anyone that has to have worked through all the stuff Ceta went through. Again sorry..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

No sweat man. It's all good. I'm just trying to show you can get a good combo that makes strong NA power without spending alot of money. Yes...to me this build was expensive but I also felt it was reasonable considering what I got. It's not the most powerful car on the dyno. It's not my goal.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sorry jimbob but I never mentioned std sae or whatever initials are used these days. I just wanted to see the graph so I can base his results with mine and I can compare his cam to mine. That's all I want to see how it carries from 1k to redline that's all. I know his is a 427 and mine is a 416 but both will be in the same vicinity roughly. Besides Straightline are they guys that have always tuned and continue to tune my car on their Mustang Dyno I also do not care about hp #'s but I am setting my goals to 550/500 with the mods in my sig as a goal not a # because I want to go a low 11's high 10's this year or bust lol.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
I sorry jimbob but I never mentioned std sae or whatever initials are used these days. I just wanted to see the graph so I can base his results with mine and I can compare his cam to mine. That's all I want to see how it carries from 1k to redline that's all. I know his is a 427 and mine is a 416 but both will be in the same vicinity roughly. Besides Straightline are they guys that have always tuned and continue to tune my car on their Mustang Dyno I also do not care about hp #'s but I am setting my goals to 550/500 with the mods in my sig as a goal not a # because I want to go a low 11's high 10's this year or bust lol.
With what you have there for a combo that will not be a problem..
Old 01-29-2012, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Sir I hope your right lol

This is my first build so I'm really excited and now my mint TA will be just the way I want it!!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

****...this was my first build too lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So far here are the results from the testing. I have 3 graphs first. Laid out in the order that the build progressed. Let me add that if he had not gotten a twin pump system, it would never have worked. That single 255 was out of juice by about 4400.

First graph shows STD Second graph shows SAE
STD

SAE

Then we have the best of the last 2 rounds, swapping from the SLP headers to the Kooks
STD

SAE

Then the final graph itself on both factors
STD

SAE

This may not be the final outcome, but I am not saying anything yet as we are trying to address a few minor issues.

I think overall the project was a success. Whether you want to believe the numbers or not, it still made significant gains.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimbob
You mentioned SAE vs STD.... Why did you want to see it in SAE? "to compare to a know standard that everyone on here uses." that is all. Sorry, about coming on to strong....been on here to long apparently,, and went through the Mustang dyno weight added to make more hp show up on the dyno graphs issues. Fact that just happened last few weekends of dynoing at Mustang dyno vs. Dyno Jet dyno. The "dyno jet" put out less with know cars that were just on the mustang dyno. People are not happy that they make less on a dynojet then on a mustang. Normally mustang read 10 percent less, you get the picture... So basically they wasted there money. (but dynos are just good tuning tools anyway) you however can infer if the power goes up over baseline that your making more actual power. I like his combo and it will work good, trust me I respect anyone that has to have worked through all the stuff Ceta went through. Again sorry..
On a dynojet, you do not input the cars weight. You just tell it to apply load. 5-100%.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Nice congrats CETA
Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Yes very nice indeed. This beast is making some nasty power. I really didnt expect this at all. Initially, I thought it would make like 520 530rwhp with 500rwtq. I would of been happy with that. It exceeded my expectations. John and Jason did a good job. They helped me out alot on this. It's amazing how much difference CAI and headers make along with tuning.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a success to me! Great work
Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

go to the track
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Trust me...it will go.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

WOW! I Love this build bro! VERY NICE RESULTS. I'm happy for you man!

James
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks man. But Im def taking it to the track as soon as I get my car back to GA.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

I can't wait to see how it does.
I'm looking at doing a Very similar build to yours, And this is inspiring to say the least. Of course you have came a long way with all of the small things that needed attention. And the attention to detail has really helped out in the end!

James
Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Yea the small stuff was an issue especially when it all snowballs at you. So now you know what to do.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Teching In

This is a badass build. I can't wait for Jason & John to get done with my car.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

They working on your car?

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers on LS3 427 CETA