Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New dyno numbers on LS3 427 CETA

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

More proof your dyno results are bogus, and its a happy dyno. 600hp cars dont run 120 in the 1/4, they run 130+.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh really? Can your car run 10s? Maybe your setup is bogus as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
Oh really? Can your car run 10s? Maybe your setup is bogus as well.
I ran a mid 10 with 530 rwhp at 128 mph in a huge *** 5th gen camaro with a rollbar, hitting the limiter twice since it was the first pass ever and the trans shift points were guesstimates. I make 74 more rwhp now and hope to crack 9.x with better weather.

You're doing it wrong.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

PS: If you have the dynojet file shoot it over to me

cbergevine@gmail.com

You have a very odd power curve, I want to overlay it with mine and compare (ill post the chart)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Ok and I dont have a rollbar and don't need one. Also there are way too many variables in my setup. Mine aint dialed in like yours or whatever. You have tendencies to contradict yourself in what you say. If your setup is so good then why did you have to get a vacuum pump?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Vacuum pump is cheap power. $600 for 40hp is a good deal in my book.

Given your cam and head choice, I really dont think that motor makes much more then 520-530 in reality. LS3 heads aren't great, and that cam is really a better choice for a stock motor then a built one.+

Depending on where you are in GA, we can even line them up for a run, since my car does make an honest 600 and the weight is probably pretty similar.

Last edited by DietCoke; 07-28-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Oh really? It has nothing to do with the fact that it helps blowby huh? Or any other issues? Cheap horsepower? Yea ok. I live in Macon Ga. Feel free to pay a visit.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Any 400+ inch LS motor will make HP with a vac pump, especially one with an LS3 bottom that has more crank pressure then an LS motor (due to crank window and valley differences). I have a bastard motor, with an LS3 bottom, LS7 top, and a strange pushrod length, some oddball heads never meant for the combo, and a wacky off the shelf cam, but damn if it doesnt make power and go fast.

LMK next time you're planning to go to SGMP and I'll try to make it out.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Try? Well you the one that issued the challenge and you basically saying you might not make it out? Wow...amazing. Let me tell you something Dietcoke, I don't you and you don't know me. I been on LS1tech for a few years. Maybe not as long as you. I never got into a pissing contest with anyone about cars or whatever. Why? Because I don't give a damn...plain and simple. I'm happy with my setup and you happy with your setup. Let's just leave it at that. My does ok on the strip though it needs tweaking but I enjoy it more on the street cause it's a streetcar. It does exceptionally well on the street. And you may very well have a better setup than mine. If that's the case then I can live with that. Why? Because I don't let stuff like this bother me.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Not once did I bring anything of mine up, its plain to see reading the thread that you made comments about MY **** being bogus. Newsflash: I *KNOW* my **** runs right. You are acting like I'm instigating something here, when you're the one that is repeatedly bringing my car up. There wasn't a challege issued at all, I meant we could run them on the same day at the same time to see how bad you've been duped about your horsepower output. There is no pissing contest going on except the one in your head. You need to gather two things from that, and the latter part of this thread in general.

1: Your car does NOT make 600rwhp or anything remotely close to that
2: You may actually have another issue entirely if you are trapping 120mph.

Additionally, you might and to strap it on a proven local dyno (Dynolab, Vengeance) and get a real dyno number and another opinion, because your **** has PROBLEMS.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

The ONLY "****" that has problems is you. Obviously, you have a superiority complex issue. Anybody can talk and hide behind the keyboard and internet. You need to get over yourself and get some professional help. Sounds to me your car has more guts than you. Say what you want about my car man. I build the car but the car don't build me. You getting all emotional about the whole thing by throwing fits and cussing. It really sickens me. I'm done with you. The cleaning lady can come sweep you off the floor.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easy Diet! He's a good guy man.

I trapped 11.8@125 and I'm over 500 and 500, I'm not hooking at the line or on some shifts and with some slicks I know I'll be in the 10's full weight car.

CETA no need to post your graphs, if I was on a dyno jet I'd probably be at 560-570
Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

There is no such thing as a "real" dyno Diet "Common man" just your favorite. The dyno is on the track and since your so close you should be trying to help the brotha out. Just saying cause I know both of you are cool guys.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
There is no such thing as a "real" dyno Diet "Common man" just your favorite. The dyno is on the track and since your so close you should be trying to help the brotha out. Just saying cause I know both of you are cool guys.
Which is why 600 and 120 mph doesnt make any sense. He posted graphs on the last page, and they look quite odd indeed.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

There aint no reasoning with Dietcoke. So don't waste your time Litle88. I have nothing to prove to him or anybody. He don't need to worry about another man's car. He needs to worry about his own. Also, I don't mind constructive critique because I like to improve and learn. But I don't appreciate someone that is very condenscending and displayed the kind of behavior Dietcoke exhibited. I don't need help especially from someone like him. Unlike him, I hold myself to a different standard which is discipline and he needs to learn how to talk to people too. Unlike him, I'm not here on tech to get validations or get gold stars. I love this hobby that we are in but I have my priorities in check and my life is outside of cars.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry have to agree with Dietcoke on this one, bogus dyno. And before you go asking me if I run 10's well yes I do. I ran 10.6 my very second pass ever on slicks and did it with a 6 speed too so something is extremely off with your car if your only trapping 120. Don't blame it on spinning either because you aren't losing that much mph from it. Good luck with figuring it out.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Nice try on the assumption that I was concerned about your timeslips but no I wasn't gonna ask you about your timeslips. Also, I didn't run slicks and my suspension isn't fully tuned for the track. Again, you guys seem to forget that I'm concerned about dyno numbers like I said before. Whether the numbers are bogus or not, the car runs much BETTER than before. You guys said "run it at the track". I did that and I admit the trap speed is low. Even though I knew this, I posted my track results. Some guys have dyno queen cars but never run it at the track. Even if they run their cars and produce mixed or unsat track results, they won't post them because they too embarassed. I'm not ashamed because I never had too much of high expectations on my car. Im ok with a 520 or 530 rwhp car. If you read previous posts, you will see that I was never concerned about high dyno numbers. So I was never "duped".
Old 07-28-2012, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Guys his Trans is not hitting the right shift points as well that and wheel spin will lower your mph, give him a break and let him sort it out, it's just a tune away.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Don't worry about them Litle. It's all good. Let them rant. I will set up my car for track conditions. I know what I have to do. I will when I get a chance. DJfury...you wished me good luck. I don't know if you really mean that or not but I appreciate it. At least you didn't come at me all sideways and half-cocked. Litle, these guys are fighting a losing battle because I don't care what they say. I don't get my feelings hurt about what they say about my car. It takes alot more than that.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did mean it. No car is perfect without making an effort to fix issues and maximizing potential which it seems you are doing right now. I was only hating because your dyno numbers were quite a bit higher than mine and thru an A4. All dynos are different of course but I need competition to motivate me to improve my own setup.

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers on LS3 427 CETA