Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Advanced Induction HCR 241's Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpower_454
Well you still need a good cam to get 450hp with H/C. I proved AI's cam's just don't cut it. A tick SNS stage 2 will probably do 450hp with H/C
What did your car run for "proof"?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
What did your car run for "proof"?
#'s in my sig. I have their 226/234 .600" cam. Here's a link that shows what a similar EPS cam can do. I don't have a FAST 102 setup but that wouldn't account for a 60hp difference.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...inc-tuned.html

I'm not going to get in a debate on here. You guys can throw your money away on an AI cam if you like. I'm never going to give them another dime and figured I would save you guys some headaches. And I never got mad at a dyno. I got mad at Phil when he started insulting me, refused to give me direct answers to any of the questions I asked, and then promised to give me a refund for my cam when I sent it back and then changed his mind. That's all I'm saying.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

#'s in my sig. I have their 226/234 .600" cam. Here's a link that shows what a similar EPS cam can do. I don't have a FAST 102 setup but that wouldn't account for a 60hp difference.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...inc-tuned.html

The difference is 43 HP, not 60 HP. Your math is off by 17. The torque difference between of the two is 31.

His heads are 58 cc with light weight valves, which could/will amount to some difference in power in between you and him. I suppose your heads are not exactly the same CC or that you have the light valves (not in your sig.) which would account for some lost power by reving faster. But,

The cut out is 10-15 HP more or less depending on your headers and location of the cutout and in conjuction with the F.A.S.T, 100mm MAF could be more.

Underdrive pully could be 5-15 Hp. ( Ive seen a few people claim 15-20??). probably closer to 10HP and let the engine rev faster increasing torque pruduction also.

Ported F.A.S.T is a HUGE difference coming in at 15-20 especialy with a 100mm MAF. Much greater volume of air also increasing torque peak.

Thats 30 HP (out of the actual 43 not 60) difference on the low side of the modifications with out knowing the difference in combustion chamber or valve type of the head. That leaves 13 HP that I would say could be lost on the dyno. Did you have it dynoed at the same place? (not in sig.) Was the air the same? Well there is the elusive 13 HP.

So I'd say you need to think about what you are posting/saying. Consider all the relevant points that would lead to power increase or decrease. So far you have not, and could have a real beast on your hands.

I'm not going to get in a debate on here. You guys can throw your money away on an AI cam if you like. I'm never going to give them another dime and figured I would save you guys some headaches. And I never got mad at a dyno. I got mad at Phil when he started insulting me, refused to give me direct answers to any of the questions I asked, and then promised to give me a refund for my cam when I sent it back and then changed his mind. That's all I'm saying.
Your the only one "throwing" anything away. Communiction with Phill is difficult for some for some reason but most have no problem using email as a means of communication.

Sorry bout the highjack OP.
squirlnutz

Last edited by squirlNUTZ; 08-15-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: edit
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
Your the only one "throwing" anything away. Communiction with Phill is difficult for some for some reason but most have no problem using email as a means of communication.

Sorry bout the highjack OP.
squirlnutz
Actually the difference is 53hp. Scroll to second page. I have the lightweight valves, similar CR since his flycuts add about 2cc and I have a thinner gasket, I have an underdrive pulley and I've never seen a cutout add 15hp-20hp.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Well if 450+ rwhp isnt impressive with a set of throw away 241s and an AI cam I dont know what is. Something has to be working right and from what I understand the OP is on a very stingy dyno..
Old 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually the difference is 53hp. Scroll to second page. I have the lightweight valves, similar CR since his flycuts add about 2cc and I have a thinner gasket, I have an underdrive pulley and I've never seen a cutout add 15hp-20hp.
You missed the point. If the heads are the same, the intake, cut-out and pulley the car still wont be the same on the dyno even if you take your car to speed inc. I dont care who cuts the cam, if the valve events are the same between the two, the engine will respond the same. Makes no difference if Jesus Christ grinds it.
You ARE mad at dyno.
Take your car to Speedinc and see what it does. You are the only one complaining about Phill's camshaft. Every one else has a great performing package and I bet you do too, only you dont realize it.

your build thread states your car made 426/405 not whats in your sig?...https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1618078&page=4
And you tried to return your cam 6 months after you bought it?..

Last edited by squirlNUTZ; 08-16-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about there cams I was just saying the heads are impressive for 241s . But its all what you wanna spend and what type of power you wanna end up with.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well OP any track times?
Old 11-19-2015, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never made it before selling the car last year. The current owner lives in KY and will have an 8.8 in it soon but probably won't happen until next spring. I'm sure I'll hear about it as I still keep up with some of the car scene in Lexington since moving to Nashville.

Jason

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction HCR 241's Dyno Results