Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

my car sucks!!only 71 hp from 100 shot??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my car sucks!!only 71 hp from 100 shot??

hey all my first time to a dyno (dynojet) today. i was highly dissapointed in my performance. my first couple of runs were all motor,best one was 287hp,300 torqe. my next runs were with the n20,(tntF1kit)spraying 100 shot. max hp 358,torque 412. 71 hp from a 100 wet kit? is this right. my bottle pressure was right at 1000 and my a/f was dead on. my mods are a cutout,k+n FIPK,tr'6's,msd wires, not much but ive saw where stock cars have dynod closer to 300.. obtw i have the stock cats and manifolds.
do i have a right to be pissed could the dyno operator have sucked? he has only been in town about 6 months or am i just making excuses and need to quit my biotching.
matt
Old 04-26-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbandit98
hey all my first time to a dyno (dynojet) today. i was highly dissapointed in my performance. my first couple of runs were all motor,best one was 287hp,300 torqe. my next runs were with the n20,(tntF1kit)spraying 100 shot. max hp 358,torque 412. 71 hp from a 100 wet kit? is this right. my bottle pressure was right at 1000 and my a/f was dead on. my mods are a cutout,k+n FIPK,tr'6's,msd wires, not much but ive saw where stock cars have dynod closer to 300.. obtw i have the stock cats and manifolds.
do i have a right to be pissed could the dyno operator have sucked? he has only been in town about 6 months or am i just making excuses and need to quit my biotching.
matt
Id chalk part of it up to the stock cats and manifolds, and part of it to having an A4. Still dont know about losing 29 hp though. Has your car been tuned for the 100shot or are you spraying the stock configuration?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

stock..
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stock..
are you sure you have the right pills in?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes im afraid so..what a pos
Old 04-26-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes im afraid so..what a pos
Na, man I wouldnt worry to much. Get some LT's and a ORY, get the car tuned for the nitrous, then you will be fine.

I see that you havent even completed your bolt-ons yet. There is still alot of power left in your set up. Also, keep in mind that since you run an A4, your HP numbers will look nowhere near as good and an M6. It is the times and trap speed that matter in a A4. Hell, half the big numbers you see on the net are rare, bogus, or tamperd with so I wouldnt sweat it.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man,yea i got a long ways to go but i was just hoping i would be further along, oh well i would rather have an honest set of numbers than some bogus ones i guess. gotta spend some more beans.
thanks again
matt
Old 04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Na, man I wouldnt worry to much. Get some LT's and a ORY, get the car tuned for the nitrous, then you will be fine.

I see that you havent even completed your bolt-ons yet. There is still alot of power left in your set up. Also, keep in mind that since you run an A4, your HP numbers will look nowhere near as good and an M6. It is the times and trap speed that matter in a A4. Hell, half the big numbers you see on the net are rare, bogus, or tamperd with so I wouldnt sweat it.

True..
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I agree. Your numbers are not terrible by any means for an A4. You have to remember when they say "100 shot" it is an estimate, it will not be exact on every car. Considering you have an a4, you will always see less out of a dyno then an M6 will. A dyno is just a tuning tool, and should never be taken too seriously ... dyno runs can vary a decent amount depending on the dyno, conditions, and settings ... even on the same exact car.

Take her to the track, spray the **** out of her, then we'll see if you come home calling it a POS.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man,yea i got a long ways to go but i was just hoping i would be further along, oh well i would rather have an honest set of numbers than some bogus ones i guess. gotta spend some more beans.
thanks again
matt
No problem, bro.

And might I suggest that the next thing you spend your money on is a convertor. If you do this you will thank me, for sure. It is a night a day difference, and I one of the first mods most people recommend for A4's.

If you get one, do not get anything small than a 3500, you would most likely regret it later. Do some research for the different brands and types then pick one according to your needs and driving style.

FWIW the vertor in my car was in it when I bought it. It is way to samll for my tastes, and it is sussoed to act like a larger stall. I will be running 3.73's and the SS4000 from Yank very shortly. Take Care and Good Luck to you.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Take her to the track, spray the **** out of her, then we'll see if you come home calling it a POS.

LMFAO.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks everyone, i didnt expect exactly 100 from the kit i guess i just got excited when i have heard people say/write they were actually getting more power than advertised from the tnt kits. thought id least get around 85 or 90 from her. oh yea i really dont think it is a pos, i love my car just got heated for a minute.I already went to my garage and apologized to her.LOL