Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

AFR 205cc Dyno Results fresh from LG motorsports..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
why not take the heads off tony's car and put them on another car that has some other heads?
that'll be the day
Old 06-02-2004, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are absolutely REDICULOUS.

Think about what you are saying. I was on the dyno the night before, I was on the dyno the day of. I ran the dyno both times. I did not dyno the car THAT Minute, but I DID DYNO THE CAR PERSONALLY the night before. I did not hit any buttons, nor was I asked to. Ever.

There was no bottle in the car. Anywhere.

It had ALL the belts.

It did have an EWP, and an LSx. Since when is that not a fair test?

The noids were NOT painted black, but in plain sight on the LF Frame rail.
It was a MAF kit, hence no nozzles

Must I post a graph of some 13.7s ?

Due to it being a dyno day and Tony having a cold car, he did not want to warm it up on the dyno and take time from the 20+ cars in line. Out of courtesy, he drove it around, and dynoed it hot off the road.

There was one fellow who had an LS1tech shirt on. Which one of you here was that?

Louis

Last edited by Louis; 06-02-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KAOS
my bad, its not my fault that afr heads for the lt1 arent that great. just have a little faith in AFR it will work out, at least i hope so
Im running the AFR heads on my LT1, they seem to work mighty fine. Boost is at 12 PSI.

Check sig.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:24 PM
FormerVendor

Hi guys,
This might be a long one. First, What reason would LGM have to fudge any AFR numbers? It is not my dog. I was just having a great dyno day with about 50 Corvettes in the parking lot.

I have been away so we couldn't chime in until today. To say that the AFR head is JUST like a LSx head would be a wast of time. Why would any head manufacturer make a head that was just like what you could buy for the LSx engine. Instead they made a different head configuration from the combustion chamber to the port.

I dynoed the car the night before to varify that my dnyo numbers were the same as their dyno runs in California. We were 3 hp down from his best numbers in CA.
This is a Corvette C5 that has our LG PRO Long Tube headers on it. The cats are 3" random metal matrix cats, and the X pipe is a full 3" X pipe also. the headers also had Merge collectors. So the broad power curve is a combination of all the parts.

I will have a set of AFR heads next week. With the spring up grade they will run $2500. I plan to put them on my G5X-3 Cam only car, or I will install them on one of your cars with our G5X3 cam for our normal price. You can watch the Before dyno run and you can watch the install from beginning to end. Then you can blank my blank when they make good numbers. Then we can go to another dyno to re check it.

When we came out with the G5X-3 cam package, many of you doubted the results. The guys who could not make that kind of hp doubted our numbers. Then we sent the cam packages all over the country and the numbers repeated. We do Z06 Cam only package with our headers and we get 427rwhp 403rwtq with stock Z06 heads that were never off the car. This was also doubted. But then East coast supercharging in NJ put the package on a car and got 431rwhp, then in Florida, a car got 427rwhp, and on and on.

I see no reason for you to doubt the AFR heads. I think these heads are as much better than the Z06 heads as the Z06 head is better than the LS1 head.

The LS1 head and the LS6 head look alike. They are very similar. But they do not come close to equal power. So why is it that you doubt that the AFR heads will deliver better numbers than the Z06 heads???

Many of you boasted about one brand of heads that were hand ported after they came from the supplier and made good hp on one or 2 cars. Then the rest of you tried them and didn't get the numbers, plus they were having other problems with the heads. We were making more hp with stock Z06 heads than this other head. But they were praised to high heaven.

I think you will be very surprised with the AFR heads and I hope you negative guys will come in and appologize to AFR.

***** As for the guys who said," LG does some pretty shady things"? you might remember the time I took one of our "doubted" cam and head packages to an outside dyno, drove 42 miles, rolled on their dyno and made within 1.2 hp of the numbers on my dyno. I guess that is pretty shady. NO other tuner has done this, they just get their groupies to come in and defend their numbers and, and you buy in to that line if you like the tuner.

At any rate, the internet is a weird place. You all can say anything that you want without anything to back it up except that "You Think" something is not right. Then you flame a company like AFR who is contributing in a very positive way to our need for speed. Yet some of you are willing to trash a solid and respected company in a way that you would scream if some of these things were said about you.

And the things that some of you say about LGM are so outlandish that you should be ashamed of what you say. Each and every time we have backed up our numbers. Either on other dynos or at the track against the so called best. We still have a couple of G5X-2 cams blasting out mid 10's but they don't post. Like a tree in the woods that falls with no one there to hear it.

So have a nice day and keep on doing what you do.

A big thanks to AFR for coming through with a great product. Plenty more results will be coming in the near future. I for one am glad that they took the lead and made a cyl head for the LSx engines that should be the next step up.

thanks,

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Old 06-02-2004, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

those are some awesome numbers and I don't doubt them one bit. the AFR's have delivered like they said they would I will be getting a set of 225's for my stroker

there is NO sign of n20 use on that graph either where do you guys come up with this ****??
Old 06-03-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HOTROD98Z
Lou i'm sorry but i do consider some of the things you guys do shady, ecspecially after the incident i had with getting my heads from you guys. Jay had my heads done for a month and because you never sent him the money that i paid completely in full 3.5 months earlier i had to wait forever to receive these things. I really don't feel like going into the other details of the BS that i was fed by you and your employees. I will give it to you that you do provide a very good product and you do some nice R&D but the customer relations needs improved greatly.
Let's not turn this into a sponsor bashing thread. We all make mistakes, just like many of you have made in this very thread! I myself have spent the last 10 minutes enjoying reading some of the ridiculous things said. "The car was on spray", "no way the heads can make that much power with that little cam", etc, etc... It was pretty obvious there was no nitrous on those graph's, and anybody should know better heads with an equal cam will make more power The tuning thing sounds great to me. You should all be excited his car was able to make a pull at that a/f ratio! Try doing that in your car and watch you motor turn into a roman candle. The a/f ratio only proves that their heads are ultra efficient. It's actually funny, because I almost guarantee that everybody at AFR has been super flattered by all the things they've been accused of on this thread! It's like taking an all motor to the track, and everybody accuse you of running spray because they can't believe it ran as fast as it did Power adders are fun, but all motor cars are built by the people who know what's going on. And these numbers prove AFR know's what's going on!

Thanks for all the hard work Tony (we know you're reading), putting up with the internet rubbish is not fun (all us business owners on here know this from experience), but we know you're putting forth your best effort possible, and the dyno results show it! Good luck with all the production nightmares I know you guys are going through right now, and we look forward to seeing your products hit the market soon

Best Regards,
Chuck Anders
President of HPE
Old 06-03-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

And to the person that made the comment about the AFR LT4 heads.. I think you have GM to thank for that one. It's not AFR's fault that 23 degree heads don't flow a lot of air

Chuck
Old 06-03-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

well said lou

cant wait to see more numbers
Old 06-03-2004, 11:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Right on Lou!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can usually hear the solonoids click open, especially on a dyno with the hood open. A progressive controller makes them even noisier.

Quick Reply: AFR 205cc Dyno Results fresh from LG motorsports..