Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LT1 to LS1 Swap Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 to LS1 Swap Dyno

So I finally finished my LT1 to LS1 swap and here are the results of the "new" motor post dynotune.

These seem to be fairly average numbers for a full bolt on LS1 with LS6 intake manifold. The old 355 LT1 put down 393 rwhp... but that was with H/C/I full bolt on! This is only the beginning with the LS1. Mod specifics are in my sig... More to come, just wanted to get some people's thoughts on the numbers!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the numbers, man! I'm actually looking at doing the same thing with my car soon. It's fast as it is, but it's not fast enough
Old 02-24-2017, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

looks to be solid numbers. prolly feels slower compared to the h/c/i lt1 but you are only a cam change away from good numbers and ported heads would really wake it up.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow trap
looks to be solid numbers. prolly feels slower compared to the h/c/i lt1 but you are only a cam change away from good numbers and ported heads would really wake it up.
My thoughts exactly. The car sat for almost a decade, so after I get the suspension and brakes freshened up, I plan to dive into a H/C combo... so much to research and so little free time to do so!!! C'est la vie

Originally Posted by PyroguyFTW
Congrats on the numbers, man! I'm actually looking at doing the same thing with my car soon. It's fast as it is, but it's not fast enough
Thanks! After spending thousands of dollars (and about a year of my life) unsuccessfully diagnosing a high rpm miss.... I decided I was officially DONE with the LT1 and it's optispark and decided to join the LS family. The car is in the 2800 pound range as well, so it catches a lot of people by surprise when they pick a fight
Old 02-24-2017, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Mind if I ask what resources you used for info on the swap? I'm trying to piece together sites, and I've found a few good articles and posts, but I'm looking for as much as I can get before I start
Old 02-24-2017, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Mind if I ask what resources you used for info on the swap? I'm trying to piece together sites, and I've found a few good articles and posts, but I'm looking for as much as I can get before I start
Same as you... couldn't find any single source (besides this forum), so I pieced together info and also ended up relying on a local shop. I went with Speartech for the wiring harness, purchased a used LS1 K-member from another member on this forum, same with the LS1 T-56 (you can't reuse your current M6) and steering knuckle. The stock hood won't fit a MAF setup so you have to either go speed density like I did, or purchase an aftermarket hood that provides clearance. I went with an LS7 clutch/kit... I think that's about it as far as "gotchas" with the swap. Oh and I had to procure an OBD-II PCM as my 95 was an OBD-I. Not sure if you will have to or not since you are already OBD-II.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cammed95Z28
Same as you... couldn't find any single source (besides this forum), so I pieced together info and also ended up relying on a local shop. I went with Speartech for the wiring harness, purchased a used LS1 K-member from another member on this forum, same with the LS1 T-56 (you can't reuse your current M6) and steering knuckle. The stock hood won't fit a MAF setup so you have to either go speed density like I did, or purchase an aftermarket hood that provides clearance. I went with an LS7 clutch/kit... I think that's about it as far as "gotchas" with the swap. Oh and I had to procure an OBD-II PCM as my 95 was an OBD-I. Not sure if you will have to or not since you are already OBD-II.
Thank you for the tips! I'm thinking about a BMR or some other aftermarket K-member, just for the weight savings and stiffness factor, and was thinking about doing the front end conversion on my car, for either the WSQ or one of those ZR1 type hoods. And sadly, I'm aware of the T56 issue, there's guys around where I live who'll rebuild them with LS input shafts and bellhousings or whatever do-dads you need, but I'm thinking I may just trade mine for a built one.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for the tips! I'm thinking about a BMR or some other aftermarket K-member, just for the weight savings and stiffness factor, and was thinking about doing the front end conversion on my car, for either the WSQ or one of those ZR1 type hoods. And sadly, I'm aware of the T56 issue, there's guys around where I live who'll rebuild them with LS input shafts and bellhousings or whatever do-dads you need, but I'm thinking I may just trade mine for a built one.
Sounds like a good plan! I started this project YEARS ago when I was in college or I would have gone with a tubular K-member and front end as well. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Awesome, will do! I'm actually in school myself, I'm thinking I'll build everything on the K-member and drop it all in within a few weeks over the winter.

Quick Reply: LT1 to LS1 Swap Dyno