Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Highest HP/TQ Bolt on C5Z? 442/395.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
That just shows that you don't trap as high...dumy.

The only splain the crew have for that is saying scottytoohotty can't drive fer chit.

They would rather eat their young than say anything against an LS. Lol
Hey now....while I have been reading this and you are my new besty, I have to clarify this for you. It should read, "They would rather eat their young than say anything against THEIR LS." There that's better. Their argument is hilarious since they dogged the crap out of SoFlo about his traps, but its LITERALLY the same argument about scotty's car trapping low. When in doubt,

A) The car's not setup for the track.
B) The car doesn't have the right wheels/tires.
C) Shift points too low.
D) Need to learn to drive.
E) All of the above is acceptable for the "crew", but not for anyone else IRL.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:42 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Hey now....while I have been reading this and you are my new besty, I have to clarify this for you. It should read, "They would rather eat their young than say anything against THEIR LS." There that's better. Their argument is hilarious since they dogged the crap out of SoFlo about his traps, but its LITERALLY the same argument about scotty's car trapping low. When in doubt,

C) Shift points too low.
I stand corrected.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That just shows that you don't trap as high...dumy.

The only splain the crew have for that is saying scottytoohotty can't drive fer chit.
We all know I can't drive. Keep reaching bro lol
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
We all know I can't drive. Keep reaching bro lol
So.... there is no limit to trap speed of any setup, just continue to drive better?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
That's what I'm saying. Me learning to drive was worth mph. And I still think I can do better. Same for scotty imo.
Yeah there's just a few people in here that don't know what they're doing is all.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

So.... there is no limit to trap speed of any setup, just continue to drive better?
Logical fallacy, straw man argument
Old 06-19-2017, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

C) Shift points too low.
So now we are comparing my car to a 388 HCI car? Lmao. All we were trying to do was attempt to help the guy.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

First pass of th night I went 117, last pass 122. Similar DA
Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Islander is just sad that he's afraid to race my home built NA ls3
Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Dude, you're speaking and arguing in absolutes.

Of course there is a limit to trap speed, but in previous posts, you were arguing that the ONLY thing that influences trap speed is power and weight - in fact ignoring tires, which is generally accepted that between DR and Bias there's an influence in trap.

Now, since we've posited that other factors influence trap speed, you're trying to make it look like we're saying "the only thing that influences it is these other factors". If that were true, you could simply drive a honda accord into the 9's at 150. And nobody is saying anything of the sort.

As to SoFla, if you can find a post where I insulted him, then I will paypal him $20 and post a screenshot of it. I like the guy. We went back and forth in my build thread over my first slip when, guess what? - I was still learning the car. But I'm pretty sure I did not insult him at all, and even in his thread, I have tried to stay above board.

But I'm serious - you find a post where I insulted him (and not one where I was simply countering a point) I'll paypal him $20 and post the screenshot.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

So now we are comparing my car to a 388 HCI car? Lmao. All we were trying to do was attempt to help the guy.
We're comparing 1 car to another and the fact that they both don't trap their potential, but 1 car is "garbage" and the other car "needs to shift better".

I really can't believe you and Darth are this oblivious to this whole scenario. Your buddy's are giant hypocrites who "help" people by belittling them. Nobody is saying you and Darth do it, you just choose to ignore your friends doing it and claim they're great they just "talk different". I could care less what your car traps, but a couple pages of messing with your thread just like they did to SoFlo and you guys are all upset. The hope was the irony would cause an epiphany at some point, but I see thats a lost cause. At least I made a new friend in here
Old 06-19-2017, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

We're comparing 1 car to another and the fact that they both don't trap their potential, but 1 car is "garbage" and the other car "needs to shift better".

I really can't believe you and Darth are this oblivious to this whole scenario. Your buddy's are giant hypocrites who "help" people by belittling them. Nobody is saying you and Darth do it, you just choose to ignore your friends doing it and claim they're great they just "talk different". I could care less what your car traps, but a couple pages of messing with your thread just like they did to SoFlo and you guys are all upset. The hope was the irony would cause an epiphany at some point, but I see thats a lost cause. At least I made a new friend in here
With friends like islander who needs enemies lol
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
awwww don't be jealous Hummer, I'll be your friend too.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:05 PM
7 Second Club

And you went slower trap speed last time out. I'm sure you drive just fine.

Islander is just sad that he's afraid to race my home built NA ls3
Like that time I drove over 12 hours to race you at your 1/4 mile track and you never showed up?

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Dude, you're speaking and arguing in absolutes.

Of course there is a limit to trap speed, but in previous posts, you were arguing that the ONLY thing that influences trap speed is power and weight - in fact ignoring tires, which is generally accepted that between DR and Bias there's an influence in trap.

Now, since we've posited that other factors influence trap speed, you're trying to make it look like we're saying "the only thing that influences it is these other factors". If that were true, you could simply drive a honda accord into the 9's at 150. And nobody is saying anything of the sort.

As to SoFla, if you can find a post where I insulted him, then I will paypal him $20 and post a screenshot of it. I like the guy. We went back and forth in my build thread over my first slip when, guess what? - I was still learning the car. But I'm pretty sure I did not insult him at all, and even in his thread, I have tried to stay above board.

But I'm serious - you find a post where I insulted him (and not one where I was simply countering a point) I'll paypal him $20 and post the screenshot.
So...then entire crew haven't maxed out their trap speed. Just needs better drivers?

PS. Try barking up the right tree with the SoFla stuff. lol
Which of my friends in here am I being an enemy to?

Hi friend!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

You already were my friend!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

And you went slower trap speed last time out. I'm sure you drive just fine.

Like that time I drove over 12 hours to race you at your 1/4 mile track and you never showed up?

So...then entire crew haven't maxed out their trap speed. Just needs better drivers?

PS. Try barking up the right tree with the SoFla stuff. lol

Which of my friends in here am I being an enemy to?

Hi friend!
So you were afraid of my bolt on ls1 too? Wtf?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Who's getting upset? We are just trolling and having fun. If we all said "Good job!" and never criticized anyone how would we learn? I'd still be running low 12s with a cam only car.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Whoa there. I don't have a destroked LS7 w/ 4.125" slugs.

I'm just a little 3.90" slug motor. Lol. You were probably just thinking of hunners ci.

I have no problems w/ Scotty & Darth. Here's the thing. I was never seeking any "help".

The bad influences are the founder, CEO, & CFO(different meanings than normal) of the krew. Spider splained it pretty good.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Who's getting upset? We are just trolling and having fun. If we all said "Good job!" and never criticized anyone how would we learn? I'd still be running low 12s with a cam only car.
Come on man. Criticism & helping are two different things. Also having a brain would/should be a good way to learn.

What about some questions before just talking chit?

Try to think outside the box.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Come on man. Criticism & helping are two different things. Also having a brain would/should be a good way to learn.

What about some questions before just talking chit?

Try to think outside the box.
Fair enough.

Quick Reply: Highest HP/TQ Bolt on C5Z? 442/395.5