Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno results :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Tiger, I apologize for this, but I have to jack up your thread a little bit..

WHat the hell are you talking about? Who spanked what? 55 better for motor? LMFAO. Go tell that to Js12, Lane, Beenfetched, Ams, Fastech, Rpm etc... You know nothing about going fast.
Dude, the only ******* moron in this thread is apparently you. You're the posterchild of internet idiots who recite what they read as gospel, and dont really know jack **** about what you're talking about. You proved it perfectly when you mentioned 10 other people going fast who have nothing to do with you. Your know-it-all attitude really makes you stupid because half the stuff you say is either incorrect or half-true. Now, i've owned 5 F-bodies, worked on LS1's since early 97, LT1's since late 95, owned 2 Supercharged vehicles and a 476 rwhp LS1....You gonna tell me I know nothing about going fast?

You need a reality check, not everything that comes out of your mouth is gospel, and to be honest most of it is opinionated jiberish AT BEST. Stop by Walmart, pick up a better attitude, and then you can post when you have FACTUAL and not OPINIONATED information to post.

Sorry to come off like a dick, but each and every one of your know-it-all replies pissed me off a little more, one by one...

Last edited by Damian; 08-31-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian

Dude, the only ******* moron in this thread is apparently you. You're the posterchild of internet idiots who recite what they read as gospel, and dont really know jack **** about what you're talking about. You proved it perfectly when you mentioned 10 other people going fast who have nothing to do with you. Your know-it-all attitude really makes you stupid because half the stuff you say is either incorrect or half-true. Now, i've owned 5 F-bodies, worked on LS1's since early 97, LT1's since late 95, owned 2 Supercharged vehicles and a 476 rwhp LS1....You gonna tell me I know nothing about going fast?

You need a reality check, not everything that comes out of your mouth is gospel, and to be honest most of it is opinionated jiberish AT BEST. Stop by Walmart, pick up a better attitude, and then you can post when you have FACTUAL and not OPINIONATED information to post.

Sorry to come off like a dick, but each and every one of your know-it-all replies pissed me off a little more, one by one...
I agree...
Old 08-31-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much power did you make? What did you run with stock internals in your ls1? I was run mid 7's@90 in a 3700lb vehicle through a 6spd. BTw this is my third ls1 and I've owned 2 lt1's. Fact is I made more than almost anyone on this board in a stock internal car 368/378 with ******* macs. I also made more than anyone else in the nation with the G5X2 on stock 241 heads 429/405. You are spouting off **** about a 476rwhp? Ha and it went how fast at the track? Yes based on what you said above you know nothing. Anyone can go out and buy 7 cars but does that make them know what works and what doesn't? So what was my incorrect **** again? Saying a colder plug will have less detonation? I'm happy that you get angry over the internet, I find it funny for the most part. If you let people over the internet **** you off then you have psychological issues you need to take care of. Do you get mad when you dog barks?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NATAS
I agree...
Now that was very insightful satan.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
Of course i've tried them. I use plugs in my car one step colder the stock. Number one reason being I do run 31 degrees of timing and an A/F ratio a little over 13:1. Number two reason being the lack of any decent fuel in California. (91 Octain at best and in the summer time, it gets worse) I run 91 octain on the street and I run a mix of 103 and 91 at the track.

No body needs scientific evidence as to why you believe a colder plug works better. For your particular set up, colder than stock plugs are neccessary, as well as my set up. For the person who started this thread, they are not needed for his particular set up. If he were in fact to get his car dyno tuned and have the timing increased and the air/fuel leaned out a bit, then yes, he would want to use colder plugs, or better fuel. I prefer to run colder plugs because I don't want to mix fuel to run on the street.

I guess the point that needs to be made is, colder plugs DO NOT make a car faster. In fact a plug that is too cold for naturally aspirated motor could actually hurt performance because not enough fuel is burnt in the combustion process. This is the same reason why he would not want to run C16 fuel over pump gas with his set up.

Think about it like this. Lets say with his setup right now with tr55's he's getting detonation. Lets say its more than 5 degrees of knock. We then go on to swap out the plugs with a tr6 which is a colder plug. His 5 degrees of knock dissapears with no other factors being changed(timing, afr). Going from 5 degrees of knock to 0 will gain power hence the car will go faster no matter what. Whether its a 5-10hp difference the car will still go faster, so theoretically with a colder plug the car will go faster.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Unusual T/A
Think about it like this. Lets say with his setup right now with tr55's he's getting detonation. Lets say its more than 5 degrees of knock. We then go on to swap out the plugs with a tr6 which is a colder plug. His 5 degrees of knock dissapears with no other factors being changed(timing, afr). Going from 5 degrees of knock to 0 will gain power hence the car will go faster no matter what. Whether its a 5-10hp difference the car will still go faster, so theoretically with a colder plug the car will go faster.

Thats true in the case of detonation like what bad2000ss experinced, but its not always the case. We dont get detonation here in VA with 93 octane and i run 29-32 degree of timing on my car and a AF of 13.2-13.4 all accross the power band with zero knock. I also tried adding more timing and the car didnt respond to it so i just left it the same. So I'm not really sure how would the TR6 help in my case when my car was N/A. Since I have a SC now the TR6 is a must over the TR5/55. Just my .02.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Thats true in the case of detonation like what bad2000ss experinced, but its not always the case. We dont get detonation here in VA with 93 octane and i run 29-32 degree of timing on my car and a AF of 13.2-13.4 all accross the power band with zero knock. I also tried adding more timing and the car didnt respond to it so i just left it the same. So I'm not really sure how would the TR6 help in my case when my car was N/A. Since I have a SC now the TR6 is a must over the TR5/55. Just my .02.
Consider yourself lucky with a 13.4 afr. I'm wondering how lean you're running on the street
Old 08-31-2004, 11:57 PM
LSX Mechanic

How much power did you make? What did you run with stock internals in your ls1? I was run mid 7's@90 in a 3700lb vehicle through a 6spd. BTw this is my third ls1 and I've owned 2 lt1's. Fact is I made more than almost anyone on this board in a stock internal car 368/378 with ******* macs. I also made more than anyone else in the nation with the G5X2 on stock 241 heads 429/405. You are spouting off **** about a 476rwhp? Ha and it went how fast at the track? Yes based on what you said above you know nothing. Anyone can go out and buy 7 cars but does that make them know what works and what doesn't? So what was my incorrect **** again? Saying a colder plug will have less detonation? I'm happy that you get angry over the internet, I find it funny for the most part. If you let people over the internet **** you off then you have psychological issues you need to take care of. Do you get mad when you dog barks?
I'll bite on this..

First off, do not think your stock internal car making good power is an accomplishment you made, because it's not. You did nothing more than bolt **** onto the motor, and monkey with a wrench can do that. The car made those accomplishments as it sat stock. Congrats, your stock internals #'s are good, but you come off as god and use them as validation..

As for me? Well lets see. My car (the 98) back in 1999 made 351/361 through Macs, 2.5 Y, LS1 intake, and absolutely no tuning with stock internals. Trapped 115 mph in a full weight street car. But who gives a ****? I certainly dont spout off like you pretending that everything I know is gospel just because my stock internal #'s were good.

Again, congrats on your 429. But, sorry bro, still doesn't make you the genious you think you are.

I am not bragging about my cars or my #'s, just clarifying with you before you make yourself look stupid by implying that I dont know anything.

I am not mad . I'm actually laughing @ you, but it's aggrivating to see people come off the way you do, when you really dont know as much as you think you do. I won't bother going back and cutting/pasting some of your cocky/rude replies, but in short try to keep a little better attitude when giving people information. Another good piece of advice, when you offer info, offer it as a suggestion because you could be wrong, which you were a good bit wrong in this thread.

Ah **** it, i'm done teaching class.

Back to our regularly scheduled program
Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Consider yourself lucky with a 13.4 afr. I'm wondering how lean you're running on the street

I'm running 13.4 at the street and 13.1 at the dyno. The car has been running like this for almost two years now with no problems.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Your suggestion to run TR6 plugs was based on the assumption that he had some sort of knock retard problem due to detonation. It has been determined that his problem was not caused by detonation. Furthermore, if it had been FALSE knock retard, TR6's still would not have helped his cause. He would have in fact wasted $30 or so buying new spark plugs that he did not need.

ONCE AGAIN, and hopefully you can understand this time, COLDER SPARK PLUGS DO NOT MAKE A CAR GO FASTER.

GREAT, you think your car is fast. Give yourself a pat on the back, but please don't dispense advice based on the fact that you think your car is fast. Trust me, there are thousands of cars out there WAY faster than yours, and I doubt all of them are using TR6's. Perhaps you should post pictures of your TR6 spark plugs wrapped in your time slips. Your advice is based on personal opinion without any kind of logical reason.

My friend's '02 Z28 runs 10.04 on a 200 shot with STOCK spark plugs. Perhaps I should go and preach to people in the nitrous forum that they should use STOCK spark plugs if they want to be fast like him. Perhaps I should tell everyone in the drag racing forum that the only way to go fast like me is to rip out there air conditioning.

If you're going to dispense advice, make sure you know what you're talking about first, and be prepaired to have a logical reason to back up your statements.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a 98 SS A/4 headers, LM exhaust, SLP lid & bellow and made 314hp i think it way i was sad too, but they say a good tuning may make me smile we shall see
Old 09-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Heh, its pretty well known that a colder plug won't cure detonation, UNLESS the detonation was caused by the plug getting too hot. There are other potential hot-spots in the cylinder, and other causes for detonation.

When increasing timing, doesn't a tight quench and 93 octane usually result in the car loosing power before the knock threashold is reached? Assuming a normal CR at least.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think you need some tuning, but hey what do I know
Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TEA Brent
I have heard u guys do good tuning and are probably the closest place to me to get a tune. Can u pm me an estimate of about how much it would cost w/ mods in sig.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

I'll bite on this..

First off, do not think your stock internal car making good power is an accomplishment you made, because it's not. You did nothing more than bolt **** onto the motor, and monkey with a wrench can do that. The car made those accomplishments as it sat stock. Congrats, your stock internals #'s are good, but you come off as god and use them as validation..

As for me? Well lets see. My car (the 98) back in 1999 made 351/361 through Macs, 2.5 Y, LS1 intake, and absolutely no tuning with stock internals. Trapped 115 mph in a full weight street car. But who gives a ****? I certainly dont spout off like you pretending that everything I know is gospel just because my stock internal #'s were good.

Again, congrats on your 429. But, sorry bro, still doesn't make you the genious you think you are.

I am not bragging about my cars or my #'s, just clarifying with you before you make yourself look stupid by implying that I dont know anything.

I am not mad . I'm actually laughing @ you, but it's aggrivating to see people come off the way you do, when you really dont know as much as you think you do. I won't bother going back and cutting/pasting some of your cocky/rude replies, but in short try to keep a little better attitude when giving people information. Another good piece of advice, when you offer info, offer it as a suggestion because you could be wrong, which you were a good bit wrong in this thread.

Ah **** it, i'm done teaching class.

Back to our regularly scheduled program
^

I just waded through this entire thread and it seemed to me that Unusual T/A had some constructive insight mixed in with his flames of everybody, and "I did this, my car did that, you are slow, you don't know ****" comments.

I think he could've helped Tiger much more effectively without the insulting comments. Maybe he is bipolar... If he's not I wanna know how he was able to be so convincing of that in his posts.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by TEA Brent
brent you dont know ****, go away

Tiger, I apologize for participating in the slaughter of your thread.

Carry on
Old 09-01-2004, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

lol, it doesnt matter. Its running much better now i can actually spin my tires from a 20 roll. This wasnt even possible a few days ago. I am extremely happy it wasnt the maf.