Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Highest horsepower - 5.7L???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

One thing to note about cam selection: with something like AFR 205s, anything over 230 intake duration really is a waste. Most of the graph's I've seen show barely 10rwhp when going from a 224 to a 234. I suspect that will change with the 225s, since they can flow more in the upper RPM's, so holding the valve open longer will make more HP if the heads actually flow more cfm without giving up velocity.

That's why most all cam-only cars are stuck at about 400rwhp. The stock LS1 heads simply don't flow more than that. LS6 based cars routinely get into the 420s and 430s with the larger cams, because the heads support the flow at the upper rpm's.

That's gotta be a key factor in determining how to achieve 500rwhp in a 346.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
One thing to note about cam selection: with something like AFR 205s, anything over 230 intake duration really is a waste. Most of the graph's I've seen show barely 10rwhp when going from a 224 to a 234. I suspect that will change with the 225s, since they can flow more in the upper RPM's, so holding the valve open longer will make more HP if the heads actually flow more cfm without giving up velocity.

That's why most all cam-only cars are stuck at about 400rwhp. The stock LS1 heads simply don't flow more than that. LS6 based cars routinely get into the 420s and 430s with the larger cams, because the heads support the flow at the upper rpm's.

That's gotta be a key factor in determining how to achieve 500rwhp in a 346.
Excellant observation!! Keep em coming
Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EATAZ06MMM
Hey, thanks for sharing your knowledge. That's exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully, we've rid this thread of the little teeny boppers that are still living with their parents.

I always appreciate professonalism
professionalism? you? hahah. gee i guess its my fault im 20, im sorry i cant be a bad *** adult like yourself. i guess i missed the requirements about being an adult that pulls in 6 figures, in order to respond to this thread. you are a douchebag.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TanRchy
professionalism? you? hahah. gee i guess its my fault im 20, im sorry i cant be a bad *** adult like yourself. i guess i missed the requirements about being an adult that pulls in 6 figures, in order to respond to this thread. you are a douchebag.
20 and still living w/ your parents?? What a loser. Can't even get you piece of **** firebird to run 12s. Selling it to buy a Corvette? What's the matter, your ***** not big enough yet??
Old 03-16-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, once again you prove my point. You can earn big bucks and still be an assclown. First of all its a z28, but im sure you could read my sig, cant you? secondly, many people upgrade from a f-body to a corvette, im sure your making fun of all of those people as well. thirdly, you live in a freakin fantasy world is you think everyone in their early twenties is out on their own and rolling in dough ( im sorry i cant be as cool as you). Personally i think im doing it the right way, living at home, saving up money for a downpayment on a house and sold my car to get a pure road race car (corvette). If you ask me you are the one that is so insecure with themselves as you constantly TRY to rip on me for being young and embracing the fact that you make boatloads of money. Look if you want to stroke your ego, roll on over to corvetteforum.com and play with the big boys. i stick by my earler comment: you sir are a fool with a lot of money, big ******* deal.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

wow, once again you prove my point. You can earn big bucks and still be an assclown. First of all its a z28, but im sure you could read my sig, cant you? secondly, many people upgrade from a f-body to a corvette, im sure your making fun of all of those people as well. thirdly, you live in a freakin fantasy world is you think everyone in their early twenties is out on their own and rolling in dough ( im sorry i cant be as cool as you). Personally i think im doing it the right way, living at home, saving up money for a downpayment on a house and sold my car to get a pure road race car (corvette). If you ask me you are the one that is so insecure with themselves as you constantly TRY to rip on me for being young and embracing the fact that you make boatloads of money. Look if you want to stroke your ego, roll on over to corvetteforum.com and play with the big boys. i stick by my earler comment: you sir are a fool with a lot of money, big ******* deal.

I would rather be a fool w/ alot of money than a fool w/ no money AND have a small ***** like yourself.......
Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

once again, the ultimate professional...^ i'd like you to go tell everyone on this board that they have a small ***** because they own a corvette. im done with this ****.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

once again, the ultimate professional...^ i'd like you to go tell everyone on this board that they have a small ***** because they own a corvette. im done with this ****.

good then get the **** if you can't handle it
Old 03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Go home and cry to mommie. Maybe she'll by you a corvette if you cry hard enough. Better yet, have her buy you a ***** implant which is what you really need!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Go home and cry to mommie. Maybe she'll by you a corvette if you cry hard enough. Better yet, have her buy you a ***** implant which is what you really need!!!!!

what do you drive? and whats your setup?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, as much as you've ran your mouth thusfar, what exactly are you driving, and where does the cocky attitude come from?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Seriously, as much as you've ran your mouth thusfar, what exactly are you driving, and where does the cocky attitude come from?
haha, thats exactly what i was thinking, going by his attitude and dyno chart my 1st thought was a cocky 03/04 cobra owner trying to start **** but after some research i think he has a nx 150 shot.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Banned

http://community.webshots.com/photo...296783024QdczKl

Cruise around in there and you'll see pics of my car - 98 ws6.

I'm abit older than most of you - 38. I've owned corvettes before so I've heard all the corvette jokes. That's why I cracked those jokes.....

Just bought the ws6 a few weeks ago already modded out. paid cash for it. Didn't want another vett, been there done that...

Car has HRE wheels, ($1200 each), stage 2 heads, G5 cam, dynotech headers, LS6 intake, 12-bolt, M6, removable cats, etc etc. 150 shot NX (wet kit). The dyno shows about 440 rwhp n/a. I think I'll redyno it at MTI soon....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

I'm 22 personally, and I can assure you money and age have nothing to do with knowledge in the internet bench racing world. As for buying a car already modded out, good luck with it, and hope you didn't buy someone else's problems. A friend of mine who is older, and much better off finanially did the exact same thing as you, but ended up doing nothing but replacing parts.

Not to ruffle your feathers, but considering how little you've been a part of this site, and the low post count, you might wanna use the search function a little more before going off on a fellow Ls1 owner. After all, we are all in the same ride.

I'm aware that the internet has a way of clouding jokes and sarcasm as being a dick to someone else. I hope this is the case with you. Good luck with your ride man! Hope it's everything you expected it to be!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned

I'm 22 personally, and I can assure you money and age have nothing to do with knowledge in the internet bench racing world. As for buying a car already modded out, good luck with it, and hope you didn't buy someone else's problems. A friend of mine who is older, and much better off finanially did the exact same thing as you, but ended up doing nothing but replacing parts.

Not to ruffle your feathers, but considering how little you've been a part of this site, and the low post count, you might wanna use the search function a little more before going off on a fellow Ls1 owner. After all, we are all in the same ride.

I'm aware that the internet has a way of clouding jokes and sarcasm as being a dick to someone else. I hope this is the case with you. Good luck with your ride man! Hope it's everything you expected it to be!
Never said money and age had anything to do with internet bench racing knowledge. And if you look at the posts, it was the other guy who started the name calling and the BS......

As far as replacing parts, I'm not expecting reliability, and I'm not worried about how much it's going to cost....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

eataz06mmm, what setup were running to get those numbers on the dyno graph you posted in this thread?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
eataz06mmm, what setup were running to get those numbers on the dyno graph you posted in this thread?

stage 2 heads, G5x2 cam, dynotech longtube headers, LS6 intake, M6, Stock throttle body
Old 03-16-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

i want to make sure i get this straight, you have a h/c NA 346 with a m6 and your making these numbers in this dyno graph???

?http://community.webshots.com/photo/...96783024QdczKl im going to have to raise the . theres noway a 346, h/c N/A, m6 is making that much torque.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
9 Second Club

Holy crap, the tq.......either someone gave you the run-around on a dyno sheet, or you have got yourself a stroker motor.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

who did you steal that graph from, if you made those numbers with what you have, you have the most magical car ever...