Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Re-dyno'd my afr205 head/cam after milling

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by algws6
as long as he is not maxing out his injector he is fine. he can use a 30# or 42#, as long as he is set up correctly with his tuning. also, you are making more power than he is do to his 3:90s, your bigger cam, and your intake.

Injectors do not dictate your AFR, your tune does. As long as you have enough injector to support your HP in the first place...
Old 05-29-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

GM claims their LS1 stock fuel system can support 600 flywheel horsepower. Anyone else heard this besides me? But the injectors max out their duty cycle before max power is made. I am glad your 28.8 # GM scale is working well, I couldn't get mine to support the power I am currently making, so LG threw in the Ford SVO 30 #'rs since the 28.8 GM's weren't enough. Mine were maxed out, that's why I was surprised yours were not. Can't wait to see where you finish with your final tuning. I need to get more tuning as well, a little bit of cam surge, especially when the A/C is on. Any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
... I need to get more tuning as well, a little bit of cam surge, especially when the A/C is on. Any suggestions?

Sounds like your Base Running Air Flow (RAF) in not dead-on. When you turn on the AC your commanded idle rpm goes up. The PCM applys a modifier to the RAF to compensate for this rpm increase while the AC is on. If the RAF is correct and your idle still dips and surges the Throttle Cracker table needs adjustment.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks a lot, as soon as I get the time and some more cash, I will have my issues worked out with a tuner. Just have to call around and figure out what shop I am going to let rob me for the tuning and dyno time. Hey 213 can you get me a good Police Discount from one of your boys at Livernois??