Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Torquer 2, cam only, speed density #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm sure this car will be at Desert Nationals so I'll report back in first hand how the car runs. If that isnt a problem of course.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash99
Well I'm sure this car will be at Desert Nationals so I'll report back in first hand how the car runs. If that isnt a problem of course.
he is not going to be racing
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Take it to the track and see what it runs. I hope it does run the numbers it should! Also did you buy the car new? If not, then no one can say its a "freak" since you don't know the history. When I traded in my Mustang GT a few years back, I left the 4.10's and underdrive pulleys in it but the speedo was correct. I can only imagine a guy getting on a forum somewhere saying he's got the fastest stock GT around.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FastZ
Take it to the track and see what it runs. I hope it does run the numbers it should! Also did you buy the car new? If not, then no one can say its a "freak" since you don't know the history. When I traded in my Mustang GT a few years back, I left the 4.10's and underdrive pulleys in it but the speedo was correct. I can only imagine a guy getting on a forum somewhere saying he's got the fastest stock GT around.
Very true, the current owner could be completely honest as to what he had done to the car without knowing the heads were worked etc...There was a Z06 recently that put up some crazy numbers for the mods it had at ECS, but the current owner had no way of verifying what the old owner had done and claimed it was a bolt on car.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

HHmmm...that would make sense. I hadnt looked at it like that.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

So WSkid was the dyno with you list of mod on your web page..???

Hendricks Machining ported TB
-MSD 8.5 wires
-NGK TR6 plugs
-Powerbond 25% UD pulley
-TSP Torquer 2 cam & supporting components
-Pacesetter LTs
-Custom ORY w/ Flowmaster merge: dual 3" inlet, 4" outlet
-Magnaflow 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlet
-Pro 5.0 shifter w/ WS6store short stick
-Racetronix 270lph in-tank pump with Racetronix Harness
-30 lb injectors
Old 03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chriswtx
So WSkid was the dyno with you list of mod on your web page..???

Hendricks Machining ported TB
-MSD 8.5 wires
-NGK TR6 plugs
-Powerbond 25% UD pulley
-TSP Torquer 2 cam & supporting components
-Pacesetter LTs
-Custom ORY w/ Flowmaster merge: dual 3" inlet, 4" outlet
-Magnaflow 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlet
-Pro 5.0 shifter w/ WS6store short stick
-Racetronix 270lph in-tank pump with Racetronix Harness
-30 lb injectors
Yep, that is the list of his mods. And the throttle body was done by me Before the ported TB and the speed density tune he was at 414/385.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SideStep, you are SERIOUSLY mistaken if you think MELISSA05 is a newbie...

I didnt buy my car new, i got it with 15k miles on it and it had one mod: a K&N drop in. Since then, ive been over EVERY part of the car. I have closely examined every part and i can tell you THE HEADS AND INTAKE HAVE NEVER BEEN OFF and are 241 castings. It has stock gears, I have checked. Every part of the car was bone stock when I got it and I have been the first to remove any of the bolts on the car. All factory gaskets etc... Trust me, the car is CAM ONLY. The stock numbers support the fact that it doesnt have heads too, 336 w/ a lid and catback and de-screened MAF. Id be willing to let anyone inspect the car if they really wanted to, but that doesnt seem practical... Heads would be the only "hidden" mod my car could have AND I AM SURE THEYVE NEVER BEEN OFF.

If it would have been due to the weather then Ryne's numbers would have been ridiculous too...

That is my list of current mods except for the injectors, I never got around to installing those.

The next track day here is April 21, I will try to make that, but if not, FOR SURE on May 5.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6 Kid
SideStep, you are SERIOUSLY mistaken if you think MELISSA05 is a newbie...

I didnt buy my car new, i got it with 15k miles on it and it had one mod: a K&N drop in. Since then, ive been over EVERY part of the car. I have closely examined every part and i can tell you THE HEADS AND INTAKE HAVE NEVER BEEN OFF and are 241 castings. It has stock gears, I have checked. Every part of the car was bone stock when I got it and I have been the first to remove any of the bolts on the car. All factory gaskets etc... Trust me, the car is CAM ONLY. The stock numbers support the fact that it doesnt have heads too, 336 w/ a lid and catback and de-screened MAF. Id be willing to let anyone inspect the car if they really wanted to, but that doesnt seem practical... Heads would be the only "hidden" mod my car could have AND I AM SURE THEYVE NEVER BEEN OFF.

If it would have been due to the weather then Ryne's numbers would have been ridiculous too...

That is my list of current mods except for the injectors, I never got around to installing those.

The next track day here is April 21, I will try to make that, but if not, FOR SURE on May 5.
I don't give a rats azz what your car makes and I agree no way A and A would fudge numbers they have too much to loose from it. I am happy for you.

The reason I was busting MELISSA05 chops was he/she jumps in here and starts with the my daddy this and my daddy that crap... real mature. WTF, how old are you people. Want to run with the big dogs, want to tell other people they don't know shiet, then he or she needs to tell us what their lengthy experience is not what daddy has been able to do. They need to tell us about changing a ring and pinion, fly-cutting pistons, SD tuning a VE table, SOMETHING first hand.

run their mouths all day long about what someone else has accomplished. If they knew SO much they would quote their own experiences but they did not, wonder why .... Think I am the only person here that thinks this... you should see all the private IMs and emails flying around.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

The reason I was busting MELISSA05 chops was he/she jumps in here and starts with the my daddy this and my daddy that crap... real mature. WTF, how old are you people. Want to run with the big dogs, want to tell other people they don't know shiet, then he or she needs to tell us what their lengthy experience is not what daddy has been able to do. They need to tell us about changing a ring and pinion, fly-cutting pistons, SD tuning a VE table, SOMETHING first hand.

run their mouths all day long about what someone else has accomplished. If they knew SO much they would quote their own experiences but they did not, wonder why .... Think I am the only person here that thinks this... you should see all the private IMs and emails flying around.
Youre not the only one that thinks this. I believe the same. I just dont like seeing people trashing other people...unless they absolutely deserve it. Furthermore, I dont think WS6kid deserved all this mess but I posted my thoughts on that earlier.
I still agree, however, that posting what your dad did, your friend did, or jeff gordon did, is not the best way to prove your own experience. The only thing that carries weight here is what YOU have done yourself.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ok about the mod list:
A: ported throttle bodies dont add **** for power
B: the y-pipe maybe 3inch into 4 inch, but it doesnt matter because it all has run through a single 3 magnaflow (crossflow) muffler
C: underdrive pulley maybe 5-8 rwhp big deal

you guys are just grasping at straws, and i have seen the crap some you are charlie and a&a corvette over on the corvette forum, which is bullshit, i saw it make that power with my own eyes. its all in sae correction, its all legit, the car is just freak plain and simple, with excellent tuning from a very experience tuner. like i said before you guys need to stop being all "***-hurt" about this, just because your car has heads plus more, and not making more then this.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

A ported throttle body does add power. Probably only around 5 rwhp. I think most everybody can agree with that. I think you are the first person I ever heard that said a ported throttle body doesnt add power.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nokeman
A ported throttle body does add power. Probably only around 5 rwhp. I think most everybody can agree with that. I think you are the first person I ever heard that said a ported throttle body doesnt add power.
ok fine show a dyno graph showing a gain from just a ported TB, and i will gladly restract my statement
Old 03-31-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nokeman
Youre not the only one that thinks this. I believe the same. I just dont like seeing people trashing other people...unless they absolutely deserve it. Furthermore, I dont think WS6kid deserved all this mess but I posted my thoughts on that earlier.
I still agree, however, that posting what your dad did, your friend did, or jeff gordon did, is not the best way to prove your own experience. The only thing that carries weight here is what YOU have done yourself.

Well then you are going to love this PM from WS6kid reference my NEWB titling of MELISSA05:

WTF?
I dont understand what your problem is man, Melissa made a post, you didnt like it. You posted back. You ARE mistaken if you think she's a newb, even if she didnt post technical info, and besides, who really gives a **** if she knows as much as every guy about tuning?

Well then if she does not know why is she running her mouth and telling others (Bill) they do not know. How could she tell? She could not.

Just couldnt let it go... VERY MATURE. Do you have some personal problem with her? I dont get it.

Im not stupid, I could see why you posted what you did but then, "you should see all the private IMs and emails flying around" WTF? You were so outraged that you had to PM people telling what a newb she is?

Are you sure? I did not send an IM to anyone, but I got several emails laughing it up about her "my daddy" comment.

Or what, it was SO OUTRAGEOUS what she did that you badass tech experts had to PM about it? I really dont get what you meant. If you meant that there are others that think she's a newb and thats what the PMs are about, then WTF? who's being immature?

Maybe you have for got her statements, which will now forever follow here on the forum,
my father (daddy) is one of the engine builders for #2 Rusty Wallace now Kurt Busch NASCAR team. When you can have the pleasure of going to wind tunnels and dyno tunes with "THE BIG BOYS" then maybe you would be justified... ...maybe your just pissed that you don't have the knowledge or money to get your car to make that power!

I really dont understand what you meant, but thank you for doing such a good job of policing and pointing out the "newbs" I dont know why you try to imply im immature...

Like I and others have said before, want empress us then don't explain to someone that are full of shiet because your daddy said so. Tell us we are full shiet because YOU (she) know we are from your own experiences.

Don't want the title don't show here quoting daddy and telling others they are full of BS....

Anyway, id rather get this settled here then ruin the thread.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SideStep
Anyway, id rather get this settled here then ruin the thread.
I think this thread is already ruined. Excellent numbers by WS6 Kid. If you want to bring up any TECHNICAL aspects of the thread, please feel free to start a new one.

Quick Reply: Torquer 2, cam only, speed density #'s