Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Torquer 2, cam only, speed density #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It's all about marketing. Infate the numbers a tad and you sell more parts and tuning.

We post on here to share info. So basically if I put my stock heads back on, buy all the same parts that WS6 Kid has and have you SD tune my car, I will make the same power within 5hp and 5tq? I really don't think so. If you didn't live so far from me, I'd have you SD tune my car so I could gain at least 20 more HP and torque.

I worked on and tune a bunch of LS1 cars and see patterns. So a MAF on a cam only car is a big air restriction or did you find some magical table in the PCM?

Yes, some cars are freaks and make more power than others but not 20 more.

If the numbers were like 410HP & 400TQ, I could believe it.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know one the car runs, on the street my gto can barely stay at his rear bumper, because of my extra heft, and stereo equipment.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billiumss
It's all about marketing. Infate the numbers a tad and you sell more parts and tuning.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I made 20+ pulls with my car with that same cam but with PRC LS6 heads milled down to give me a ~ 11.2-1 comp ratio. Through the cutout (see sig) my car made a best of 415/387. Yes I did a leakdown and it was perfect.

Tested it back to back with MAF tune and SD tune and the SD tune without the MAF in place yeilded ~5 hp. Same day, within the same hour dyno. I think I have eliminated ALL variables with the MAF vs. SD tune and I do believe MAFless can't be worth any more than 5.

I do belive the shape of his graph because the torque & hp curve is identical to mine but his are just 20 hp & 20 torque higher. Since he has full exhaust and I was running thorough cutouts the numbers would have been even more extreme ~ 30hp& 30 torque higher. So it says one of two things either TSP's heads suck and detuned my car or that dyno or the dyno that I was on are off alot.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

LOL at people calling bullshit after the dyno graph was posted, tuner confirmed results, and witnesses as well.

We all know there are some 01-02 cars that are stronger than others. For instance, my friend Jeff has a 02 SS, 6 speed, lts, ORY, GMMG catback, lid, ported stock TB, LS6 intake, stock 10 bolt, runs 12.4@115 with a 1.9 60ft, 368rwhp.

The fact is, WS6kid's car was strong before the cam and it's strong after the cam. What the **** are you gonna say after he backs it up with good track numbers? "OH THEN YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A STROKER, NO WAY IT'S A 346"...gimme a break.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, its more like: Give the real numbers and people without such great results will look for any way to discredit you.

I didnt even mention who tuned my car until someone asked because I wasnt trying to advertise, just seeing what everyone thought of my results. They are obviously extraordinary.

My car is a freak and I love that bitch Track times coming soon.

Last edited by WS6 Kid; 03-29-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
The fact is, WS6kid's car was strong before the cam and it's strong after the cam.
What were his numbers before that cam again I think I missed that.
Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
What the **** are you gonna say after he backs it up with good track numbers?
Track numbers are dependant upon driver, again tons of variables, track conditions, weather etc.

I would just say the car is a freak.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 954RR
What were his numbers before that cam again I think I missed that.

Track numbers are dependant upon driver, again tons of variables, track conditions, weather etc.

I would just say the car is a freak.
The car made 336/350 with a lid/catback and made 414/385 with the same setup with a **** mailorder tune from jeff creech.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think people are calling BS on the results as much as the dyno's calibration...the track times will clear this all up in a hurry though.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Read this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/416207-my-dyno-et215-heads-wow.html
Old 03-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Launching!

So the cam was worth ~90hp & 50+ torque after all tuning? Was underdive installed with the cam?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

We post on here to share info. So basically if I put my stock heads back on, buy all the same parts that WS6 Kid has and have you SD tune my car, I will make the same power within 5hp and 5tq? I really don't think so. If you didn't live so far from me, I'd have you SD tune my car so I could gain at least 20 more HP and torque.

I worked on and tune a bunch of LS1 cars and see patterns. So a MAF on a cam only car is a big air restriction or did you find some magical table in the PCM?

Yes, some cars are freaks and make more power than others but not 20 more.

If the numbers were like 410HP & 400TQ, I could believe it.

Nothing inflated on our dyno numbers...if anything it's a conservative dyno.

I'm glad you work on LS1's and have your opinions. But that's all they are.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Kid
The car made 336/350 with a lid/catback and made 414/385 with the same setup with a **** mailorder tune from jeff creech.
Those pre-tune numbers sound very believable for the mods you have (especially the torque). Were those numbers (pre-tune) off of Andy's dyno too? Again, I believe the 430 rwhp, I'm just trying to get a grasp on how Charlie was able to find 25 lb ft of additional torque. Don't get me wrong, he's a badass tuner...it's just that Jeff Creech isn't a hack either. 25 lb ft of PEAK torque is VERY hard to gain when you're already at 385 cam-only.

FWIW, you will be flying with your setup, regardless of what others are saying. Major props.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares about dyno numbers anyway? What does it run at the track?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:54 PM
FormerVendor

I see no correction or correction factor on that graph? WS6-Kid do you have the dyno file?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
I see no correction or correction factor on that graph? WS6-Kid do you have the dyno file?
Larry...

Top right corner of the dyno sheet.

SAE with smoothing 5.....typical stuff.

I am too baffled a little by the results but can vouch that the numbers from A&A's dyno are very legit....and if they skew any direction would be on the conservative side as Charlie mentioned.

Good stuff....

Looking foward to some track times (especially MPH) to potentially be the final nail in the coffin to end all the questions and disbelief (or get them cooking again if the reesults come in "light"....LOL)

Tony M.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
In the top right corner it says CF: SAE I dont have the run file, i just got the graph.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Larry...

Top right corner of the dyno sheet.

SAE with smoothing 5.....typical stuff.

I am too baffled a little by the results but can vouch that the numbers from A&A's dyno are very legit....and if they skew any direction would be on the conservative side as Charlie mentioned.

Good stuff....

Looking foward to some track times (especially MPH) to potentially be the final nail in the coffin to end all the questions and disbelief (or get them cooking again if the reesults come in "light"....LOL)

Tony M.

Thanks Tony I overlooked it. LOL going back to my corner now...
Old 03-29-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

theres always been a few freak cars, could be many possiable reasons why, but why dont we just congratulate him for nice numbers instead of trying to call bullshit. There is no reason why anyone would lie about the numbers, and if it was you who got the numbers would you want to be beaten to death that your numbers are bull ****.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

You are so full of ****
Well in regards to your "You are so full of ****..." I have been to many dyno tunes as my father is one of the engine builders for #2 Rusty Wallace now Kurt Busch NASCAR team. When you can have the pleasure of going to wind tunnels and dyno tunes with "THE BIG BOYS" then maybe you would be justified in calling "BULLSHIT"!!! Why can't you just swallow these numbers like a real man? ...maybe your just pissed that you don't have the knowledge or money to get your car to make that power! WS6 Kid is proud of what his car rmade and you should let him bask in his glory...

Opinions are like ********: Everybody has one

Last edited by MELISSA05; 03-29-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MELISSA05
Well in regards to your "You are so full of ****..." I have been to many dyno tunes as my father is one of the engine builders for #2 Rusty Wallace now Kurt Busch NASCAR team. When you can have the pleasure of going to wind tunnels and dyno tunes with "THE BIG BOYS" then maybe you would be justified in calling "BULLSHIT"!!! Why can't you just swallow these numbers like a real man? ...maybe your just pissed that you don't have the knowledge or money to get your car to make that power! WS6 Kid is proud of what his car rmade and you should let him bask in his glory...

Opinions are like ********: Everybody has one

What a .... Oh Oh Oh my daddy is meaner then your daddy...

Quick Reply: Torquer 2, cam only, speed density #'s