Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

470rwhp/411rwtq cam only 2005 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Power & Sound
the ET was a OK guy, the dyno was a local guy
i asked you this on the ls1gto forum, what is the correction factor on that dyno graph.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
i asked you this on the ls1gto forum, what is the correction factor on that dyno graph.
im sure its 1.06 or so... id have to check. High humidity and 113 degree heat that day.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

im sure its 1.06 or so... id have to check. High humidity and 113 degree heat that day.
yeah that sounds about right, nice numbers, when my gto was cam-only i made 447 rwtq 426 rwtq, mods: 1 3/4 kooks headers with cats, 232-234 112lsa comp xer, fast 90. i may have less power but my power band would carry straight to 7k, peaky at 6400 rpm, versus yours drops off hard after 6600 rpm, could you explain why, valve harmonics maybe??
Old 07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
yeah that sounds about right, nice numbers, when my gto was cam-only i made 447 rwtq 426 rwtq, mods: 1 3/4 kooks headers with cats, 232-234 112lsa comp xer, fast 90. i may have less power but my power band would carry straight to 7k, peaky at 6400 rpm, versus yours drops off hard after 6600 rpm, could you explain why, valve harmonics maybe??
im sure its a restriction on the exhaust... this car had stock pipes with the only mod being spintech mufflers installed in place of stock, and an xpipe swapped into the stock resonator... theres a large crush bend on both pipes to clear the axles... most of our other cars get the magnaflow setups. The way our cams are designed, they require LOTS of airflow both on the exhaust side and the intake side, and any small restriction can make a huge difference... for example we did a comparison of stock intake to a Volant intake on a GTO with this pacakge, it picked up 51 rwhp changing intakes, we also see 25+ rwhp out of the FAST intakes, etc. Any small difference makes a ton of power!

Also, if given the chance, id really like to see someone on the east coast with good air, low temps and sea level altitude get one of my cams in their car then tune it in I think our numbers are pretty choked up here because were down in a valley with diisgusting temps, worthless air and DAs of generally 4500-5500 feet in the summer time, even at night! We used to do strictly LG cams before we developed ours and the numbers would usually be just about 25 rwhp lower then what they get in texas all the time.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

this is the dyno off my 01 Z06 when I had it

mods are
LG Longtubes, Borla stinger cat back, intake, FAST 90, AZPS03 cam package
tune was done to 91 octane with about 22-23 degrees max timing during the summer

Old 07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

im sure its a restriction on the exhaust... this car had stock pipes with the only mod being spintech mufflers installed in place of stock, and an xpipe swapped into the stock resonator... theres a large crush bend on both pipes to clear the axles... most of our other cars get the magnaflow setups. The way our cams are designed, they require LOTS of airflow both on the exhaust side and the intake side, and any small restriction can make a huge difference... for example we did a comparison of stock intake to a Volant intake on a GTO with this pacakge, it picked up 51 rwhp changing intakes, we also see 25+ rwhp out of the FAST intakes, etc. Any small difference makes a ton of power!

Also, if given the chance, id really like to see someone on the east coast with good air, low temps and sea level altitude get one of my cams in their car then tune it in I think our numbers are pretty choked up here because were down in a valley with diisgusting temps, worthless air and DAs of generally 4500-5500 feet in the summer time, even at night! We used to do strictly LG cams before we developed ours and the numbers would usually be just about 25 rwhp lower then what they get in texas all the time.
a restriction would cause it to flatten out up top, not drop hard, because a restriction is base on flow, peak flow is at peak horsepower, not rpm, thats why i think its valvetrain harmonics, thats more based on rpm

Quick Reply: 470rwhp/411rwtq cam only 2005 GTO