Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Any1 heard of this tuner/dyno shop ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any1 heard of this tuner/dyno shop ?

Any1 been here or heard of Performance Specialties out of Glen Burnie, MD ?

Called them to see what it would cost to tune my turbo ls1

$430 for tune and an hr on dyno....
$350 for tune and $80 an hr for dyno

also is this a good price?

Last edited by silver04gto; 07-06-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did they recently change their name? I thought they were Fbody Central? If we are talking of the same shop i've heard nothing but good things. Price is about normal but you should consider added dyno time as it's impossible to get a tune spot on in 1 hour. Also look for a tuner that will street tune your car also and not only on the dyno rollers. HTH
Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd look for someone who has a base price on a dyno tune, no matter how long it takes. $500 seems to be the normal price for this. I've seen tuners dyno all night on a N/A engine. A turbo will deffinatlly be more in depth and take a bit longer. By the hour time might get real expensive.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSI is diffrent from f-body central. both are great shops and near glen burnie. go to the website and look in the "ask a sponser" link for jason(f-body) or jeff at PSI. theres phone numbers and websites on teh right side of the forum. i use FBC and jason is a great guy and his tuner bret really knows his stuff.
http://www.easternfbody.com/forum/index.php
Old 07-13-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver04gto
Any1 been here or heard of Performance Specialties out of Glen Burnie, MD ?

Called them to see what it would cost to tune my turbo ls1

$430 for tune and an hr on dyno....
$350 for tune and $80 an hr for dyno

also is this a good price?
I've been there and had very minor work done. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth at PSI.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
Did they recently change their name? I thought they were Fbody Central? If we are talking of the same shop i've heard nothing but good things. Price is about normal but you should consider added dyno time as it's impossible to get a tune spot on in 1 hour. Also look for a tuner that will street tune your car also and not only on the dyno rollers. HTH
That's a different shop all together!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car's up there right now at PSI getting tuned. Jeff has done a lot of stuff for me and I would absolutely recommend them over FBC. My opinion (and many others') differs greatly from 2000WS6TA's about FBC. I wouldn't let them work on a hot wheels car.

And FYI - Jeff used to work at FBC but decided to leave and thus start his own shop. Coincidence? You can decide on that one.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
My car's up there right now at PSI getting tuned. Jeff has done a lot of stuff for me and I would absolutely recommend them over FBC.
+1 I would absolutely agree. Most people who know what they're talking about would too.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
It all depends on the setup but most times an hour of dynotime will cover most cars FI stuff normally a little more obviously. The car we took to the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags was tuned in about 40 minutes on our Mustang dyno and ran a new best in Memphis. Drives good enough to get him to work and the doctors office

We do the dyno time separately because it works out for your average guy - 80% of the cars that go through a shop are typical boltons/heads cam type stuff. I cant justify penalizing the little - besides if your building a 900 hp car I think its worth it to cover a little extra dynotime for $160 or something to make sure the setup lives if at all possible

Im pretty sure most everyone gets their moneys worth, try to take care of people best we can - we have guys 346s with 250s duration cams on 108 LCAs driving them to work, and it definitely didnt cost them $500 or more to get it straight

Last edited by GrannySShifting; 07-16-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

sounds like a good price

Quick Reply: Any1 heard of this tuner/dyno shop ?