Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

450rwhp a4 tsp 233/239 ls6 stg1

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be some really friendly dynos around you guys.

These cars should run mid 10`s all day NA with that kind of power.

Congrats
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i only made 333 with a 02 z06 cam on the same dyno. i had all the same mods except the headers, exhaust, & heads.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chris93266
i only made 333 with a 02 z06 cam on the same dyno. i had all the same mods except the headers, exhaust, & heads.

Congrats on the numbers. Thats the highest a4 dyno sheet ive seen with a ls6 intake. You are making more power than some m6 cars with simular pkgs. Like I said mid 10s all day shouldnt be a problem with that much power.

Have fun
Old 10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Nice numbers! Was that unlocked???
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

unlocked
Old 10-08-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great torque all though the entire rpm range
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

unreal, i gotta get my car dynoed and tuned where u go haha
look at my sig
Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

unlocked

If you are telling me you make 442 sae unlocked you live in la la land. Not that it matters either way but your converter is locked on those sheets you posted.

BTW .. You have a very impressive dyno sheet . Im not trying to put down your combo lets just be accurate

Last edited by offaxis; 10-08-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bandit1
well not to say anything to the contrary but I too hit some killer numbers last night through an auto with a baby TR224 cam and PP stage 2 heads with a little bit of hand porting done to them and reflowed on my uncles superflow 600 at his machine shop I did the port work which did not open up the runners anymore than the way they came just some good old fashion clean up work and advise and tips from my uncle who use to build the old indy car motors that spum to 16000 RPMs haha. I got good flow numbers out of them as well at .600 lift and last night after good street tune and then more tuning on the dyno hit 412 RWHP on a mustang dyno at 4800 ft above sea level, stock stall but it was locked!! If we go by the commonly held belief that a mustang reads 10-15% lower than a dynojet and I use the lower 10% thats still bout 41 more ponies at the wheel on a dynojet making my numbers around 453 RWHP. So it can be done and we will probably see it done alot more who says you need a big cam to make good numbers!

Acually I think I found the secret you have to have the name Chris to do it haha

I dont think you are anywhere near 453 on a dynojet with the 224 cam

Guys I think you guys need to put the crack pipes down. Im not trying to rain on your parade but its just not gonna happen
Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by offaxis
If you are telling me you make 442 sae unlocked you live in la la land. Not that it matters either way but your converter is locked on those sheets you posted.

BTW .. You have a very impressive dyno sheet . Im not trying to put down your combo lets just be accurate
hmm well i don't have a lock switch, so i assumed it was unlocked. isn't that usually the case?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

I dont think you are anywhere near 453 on a dynojet with the 224 cam

Guys I think you guys need to put the crack pipes down. Im not trying to rain on your parade but its just not gonna happen
Dont hate the player hate the game, im not an 18 year old kid trying to act cool sayin I have all this power, I am a 34 year old man that works for a living and owned more than my fair share of muscle cars, lm also a mechanic with 20+ years of experience to back me up, so if you are not seeing the numbers you want then you have alot more to worry about than what I am and am not making with my 224 cam!!!! Maybe the guy on the mustang dyno fubared something and it read wrong, maybe my car is making that kind of power with a smaller 224 cam maybe the world is round and not flat hey you can sit there on the computer all day long with your woulda coulda shouldas I prefer to do it!!!! You dont have to believe me like I really care what you want to believe Im the one driving my car not you. I will be going to another mustang dyno, there is only one dynojet here in my area and the guy never is around noone can get him to come dyno people. But I have a dyno day with my car club on the 21st and if I see lower numbers then ok if not then I will assume they are correct and whoever does not like it can kiss my

I made 378.8 just a few days ago on the exact same dyno and that was with my car totally untuned. To me its not hard to believe that I could gain 30RWHP from a good solid tune, underdrive and a home ported TB.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

hmm well i don't have a lock switch, so i assumed it was unlocked. isn't that usually the case?
Your tuner can lock the converter while tunning it... you don't need a switch.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bandit1
well not to say anything to the contrary but I too hit some killer numbers last night through an auto with a baby TR224 cam and PP stage 2 heads with a little bit of hand porting done to them and reflowed on my uncles superflow 600 at his machine shop I did the port work which did not open up the runners anymore than the way they came just some good old fashion clean up work and advise and tips from my uncle who use to build the old indy car motors that spum to 16000 RPMs haha. I got good flow numbers out of them as well at .600 lift and last night after good street tune and then more tuning on the dyno hit 412 RWHP on a mustang dyno at 4800 ft above sea level, stock stall but it was locked!! If we go by the commonly held belief that a mustang reads 10-15% lower than a dynojet and I use the lower 10% thats still bout 41 more ponies at the wheel on a dynojet making my numbers around 453 RWHP. So it can be done and we will probably see it done alot more who says you need a big cam to make good numbers!

Acually I think I found the secret you have to have the name Chris to do it haha
Those are solid numbers on a mustang dyno. The MD that we use around here is only a 20hp difference so I could see 430rwhp out of a 224 A guy here locally put down 435 with 5.3 heads/ 224 cam and a 6 speed
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Bandit1

Im not a hater believe me. Unless you just reinvented the Wheel its not possible . I personally love the 224 cam but no offense but you didnt buy a great set of heads to make you have 20+ more hp than anyone on this board ever made with the 224 cam and a A4. I am just into whats real. BTW alot of mustang dyno are configured to give out dynojet numbers. I have seen dynos as high as 430 rwhp with a 224 caM but that was with a 90/90 setup . If you can do it do it but for a guy that knows so much ya bought heads that are only middle of the road at best. HAve fun in fantasy world
Old 10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Bandit1

Im not a hater believe me. Unless you just reinvented the Wheel its not possible . I personally love the 224 cam but no offense but you didnt buy a great set of heads to make you have 20+ more hp than anyone on this board ever made with the 224 cam and a A4. I am just into whats real. BTW alot of mustang dyno are configured to give out dynojet numbers. I have seen dynos as high as 430 rwhp with a 224 caM but that was with a 90/90 setup . If you can do it do it but for a guy that knows so much ya bought heads that are only middle of the road at best. HAve fun in fantasy world
For one read the whole post before you start having a secondary conversation it helps alot. I use my car daily I perfer not to have to rev to the moon and back especially on an auto to make super high HP. Ok I will give that, its got alot to do with the dyno and the operator. But 2 days before I hit the 378.8, I went to a local guy with a bad drivers side O2 and a CEL and still managed to hit 353 RWHP, on a dynomite dyno, which is very similar to a mustang both enertia dynoes which place a load on the car and factoring in wind resistance and weight of the car etc etc. Anyway after fixing it, it felt so much better that I went and had it redynoed and thats when it hit 378.8 so if you go by PURE logic then either all the dyno operators around here are idiots and do not know how to operate said equipment, which is entirely possible or I may be acually making good numbers.

Okay lets move on too your next comment I bought heads that are middle of the road HHHUUUMMM, well first off I dont live in the land of money its the land of fantasy remember, and when I see a nice set of LS6 CNC ported heads, titanium retainers, nice gold springs good too .650 lift, ferra valves, 59cc chambers, 5 angle valve job etc etc and I get gaskets, crank bolt, cam, push rods by comp, and head bolt set for WELL under what i would spend for a set of AFRs or Darts I go for it. Now I will agree that for someone who has no automotive skills, like maybe you, buying a set of heads and wanting the best, these would not be a good choice, AFRs, trickflows maybe but when I have porting ability, access to a superflow 600 flow bench, a whole machine shop, and the experience of my uncle who built engines for INDY I can tell you that with the proper set up and the right touches and about 8 hours of hand porting checking measuring and gauging my LS6 heads equal flow in every lift after .300 as the trickflows or the AFRs going by their posted numbers. I got 321in and 228ex at .600 lift measuring at 28 inches without increasing the runner size meaning that I kept the velocity up while improving flow. So did i make a bad choice or did i just choose a cheaper way to get the flow numbers I wanted?

Am I making more than anyone has ever on the 224 well not as I see it I have gone through the dyno section and found more than I can count where people with the 224 are making over 400 in an auto with the 224 cam. So i guess everyone of us are high and gee fantasy land is sure alot better than "ignorant land" when you start doing mods to talk about on your car then we'll talk or maybe you have tried and failed and thats where all this repressed anger is coming from. If you read my post all I was doing was some bench numbers did I say I hit 453 no i said if what everyone says about dynojets is true key word is if. I did hit over 400 on a mustang was something screwy possibly but maybe just maybe not.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

i love my TSP 233-239
Old 10-09-2006, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

i'll have to ask my tuner if he locked the converter. i honestly doubt he did because we had just talked about the pros/cons of installing a lockup switch, and he was all against it. i'll check and get back with you.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

nice numbers. I'm running the same setup, but M6.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:44 PM

Offaxis its not worth fighting with these guys, i agree 453 aint happening with that set up, not that the car isnt making good power but i have never seen that power from that set up on our dynojet

enjoy your set up guys and post up when ya get to acrtually dynojet
Old 10-09-2006, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
Offaxis its not worth fighting with these guys, i agree 453 aint happening with that set up, not that the car isnt making good power but i have never seen that power from that set up on our dynojet

enjoy your set up guys and post up when ya get to acrtually dynojet
Gee I guess even on non ford boards there are going to be the kind of people that DO NOT read the post, again I did not say I was maing 453 on a dynojet I simply said if i go by what i am told!!!!! Hooked on phonics its never to late to learn to read!!!! I did however say i made over 400 on a MD though

Quick Reply: 450rwhp a4 tsp 233/239 ls6 stg1