Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

VIDEO at Idle plus streetability and WOT with my 511rwhp / FTI

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Christian, it was a pleasure meeting you in person and going for a ride. Man, you really have that tune worked out. I have my tune almost perfect but the 1800-2000 RPM range has really been giving me hell and riding in your car and taking a look at your tune has given me a few things to try this weekend. That thing really moves out.

I also gave Christian a ride in my car which makes only slightly more torque and about the same power but has much more suspension work done and is on MT drag radials. You should have seen his face when I hit it from a 2nd gear roll. All smiles. Then I let him feel a 150 shot of nitrous on top of it . Well, I think he liked it. Get yourself a set of Drag Radials and you too can experience 2nd gear again . I dont think that it will be long before Christian has a nitrous bottle. That **** is like crack, man.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi LosLS2,

It was nice to meet you yesterday and to experiment for the first time (for me) a real strong traction from some real tires you have on your rear wheels...what a difference!!!

My ZO6 was spinning her brand new Michelin PS2 second gear (first was useless) with both of us in the car in the 87* of yesterday Florida afternoon and yours was hooking as hell.
The nitrous was new for me as well and this feeling of extra "crazy power" is something really special, the one say he doesn't like it must stop driving cars....

On the tuning side I am glad you could learn something different.
As I told you, I didn't invent anything, I am just lucky enough through my job to have access to engine designers at the top of the racing world and I received a lot of good lessons.
The point about reading an AFR from engines having camshafts with significant overlap is tricky in throttle transition or in steady states.
EGT is definitively a lot more accurate way to understand what's going on there...

The end of the story is that the engine needs a complete combustion and that from a combo to another one it is going to vary in term of AFR readings.
If I understood clearly enough my lessons it will be directly linked to the dynamic of the air speed column in the intake, the shape of the combustion chamber and the speed created by your exhaust system in the extraction of the burned (plus unburned) gas.

Not two combos will give the same reading in oxygen, the gas temperature are a way to read the combustion with more accuracy in those cases.

Take your time around this philosophy, you have now a precise read on my results driving around at low speed low load ( yes I can drive in a school zone at 25mph with no bucking!!!), the timing table "may" look strange but the engine is happy everywhere and the mileage is just perfect.
Power wise my small 346ci is just what the numbers are telling in my sig, and according to your experience "this car can be easily in the ten seconds"...when I will be able to up shift as fast as you are!!!
I wait on my new Textralia Exo-Skel to be installed to test that quick shifting…

Don't over abuse of the addictive SHOT... that's wrong, there are no limits for FUN.

Christian
Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Restricted User

I just finished installing that Nitrous Conversion Plate from Nitrous Outlet that I showed you yesterday. I up'd the shot to 200 as my fuel system seems to be able to handle it. It feels much faster.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Sent you another PM
Old 04-18-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

i want that twin disc! Never seen that one before, link to place that sells PLEASE!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
i want that twin disc! Never seen that one before, link to place that sells PLEASE!!!
Hi Hi Volume,

I bought my clutch from a forum sponsor, here is the link:

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...f3c83bcb085d5e

Christian

Last edited by miami993c297; 04-20-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

thanks!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi Hi Volume,

I bought my clutch from a forum sponsor, here is the link:

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...f3c83bcb085d5e

Christian
Is the clutch in yet?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome results. I guess I need higher flowing heads to make more power now. Now get to the track Christian.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Those are some crazy results. I'm going to have to continue to read up on these sorts of things.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Is the clutch in yet?
Hi 98Z28CobraKiller,

The Textralia Exo-Skel is in since yesterday....with a new Stage V from RPM Transmissions!!!!

Christian
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi 98Z28CobraKiller,

The Textralia Exo-Skel is in since yesterday....with a new Stage V from RPM Transmissions!!!!

Christian

Fantastic!

I am in the process of trying to source an overdrive automatic. Fed up with the inconsistency of the M6 at the track. I hope that nothing really bad is happening in my motor. I went to the track last Friday and my times were .5 sec slower and I was missing 3 mph (NA) or more on every pass from 2 weeks prior in pretty much the same air. I checked the plugs and they looked ok. I did a compression check on the drivers side but havent gotten to doing the other side. I think that I will have the pull the heads to find the problem.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

A follow-up on the situation.

The Exo-Skel has been match balanced to the OEM ZO6 clutch assembly (12 grammes of correction on the outside circumference) and I am back on ZERO vibration as stock...the inconvenience I was feeling previously between 1800rpm/2200 rpm with the Spec is gone...

The first take off after install was simply horrible, chatter was really strong...
Ok for that and start the break-in process!!!

After two nights of driving in town only stop and start at red lights the pedal release became acceptable and manageable.
I decided to start beating on the clutch progressively with some soft launch always taking time to allow the clutch to cool down between each.
I went harder on the launch as the pedal release was getting more precise and predictable.
After a complete cool down I tried to start the car on a normal driving around town mode...Chatter was almost gone!!!

The bedding in process appears to be a long one with this assembly, the different materials seems just to need time to melt all together, which can be a guaranty of durability...my guess is that it is going to be a better feel and efficiency with the time and use...let me know if I am right?

The pedal travel is really short with all the OEM hydraulic, I am going to use a pedal travel stop/limiter, my thoughts are that pushing on the finger pressure plate all the way is not helping at all and anyway I don't need it to disengage a gear and have it engage smoothly and quickly, do you have any feed back on this?

The pedal stiffness is not "very" different from the one I had with the Spec (a slight more amount from stock) and my wife can (after breaking-in done) drive the car in the traffic without any concerns.

I am nicely surprised how silent this Exo-Skel is in Neutral.
When I push on the pedal and disengage the pressure plate and have the two discs plus the intermediate plate floating the noise is really low for a “race assembly”.

The remote bleeder mounted on the new slave is efficient and after the 3 first days of heat cycles and the first series of hot launches I decided to bleed my system, the OEM liquid had already turn black...which I guess is normal.
Do you have any advice about a nice and efficient clutch fluid to use?

On the tuning side I had to modify the Throttle Follower Decay (P/N) which indicates clearly that inertia is less with the Exo-Skel vs. the Spec Aluminum Flywheel…

Waiting on your comments.
Christian
Old 07-22-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

A forum members from Atlanta sent me a nice question through PM...

Then DanielZO6 here are the two answers.

-1) The final AFR on the Dyno by Jeremy FORMATO was:

-2) The correction factor was: 0.969

Jeremy asked if I wanted to push the power a little further, I was comfortable to use the car the way he tuned it on the road without a doubt and I asked to stop there...squeezing a little more the afr possibly would have deliver some more ponies, but I wanted them road efficient...

Christian

Christian
Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice numbers!! I was gonna build my setup like yours except with QTP headers since mine is an f bod, but went turbo and spent only four thousand more including a built shortblock all turnkey along with chromoly K member installed.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

As a follow up on my engine life after almost one year I am going to duplicate a post from another forum where the question was asked by a member:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOHSIX
How many miles have you put on the engine since your rebuild and new found power of 511rwhp? How's it holding up? Any problems?

Hi ZOHSIX,

Since the engine was upgrade and Dynoded to 511 rwhp on December 27th 2006 I drove 4736 miles...and I now realize my business is keeping me away from driving my car...

On the other hand a strong % of those miles are some fun miles...

I have recorded under my HP Tuner log files 142 logs of acceleration similar as this one of this morning (always on a private road ):

And I have 14 of those logs that are top speed only (this one is a 185 mph pull) :

In every case the engine is used in its power band from 5500rpm to 7300 rpm (and some abuse to 7500+ rpm...Sorry Ed, but that's so fun!!!) as a daily bases, even when I cruise with my wife I can't prevent to use this engine where he is happy...

Your second question is how it is holding up and the answer is better than ever...seems that the engine is at least as strong as first day out of the dyno...I would say the acceleration time are showing some improvements...and another dyno session will confirm it

Your last question is "any problems"...and yes I had some
TIRES and GEAR BOX and CLUTCH ...but that has been solved on the path .

Other of that, every minutes I am driving this car when I am back to Florida is just pure fun with no worries!!!!

Christian
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well 5K miles in a year isnt much so i would expect that it is still holding together and is running strong. One thing I noticed on your logs is that your O2 signal seems to be a tad on the lean side if I am remembering correctly what Mv equates to what AFR. Do you have a wideband? If so what AFR does it read?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brad8266
Well 5K miles in a year isnt much so i would expect that it is still holding together and is running strong.
Hi brad8266,

7550 RPM are the max engine's rev my engine is seeing...and it is shown in the second screen shot above, third gear and 7554 rpm (top left written in yellow), but everytime I am driving the car, the HPTuner is recording 7200 rpm every upshift at least...
Does that qualify high mileage, certainly not, but someone may figure an equivalence to a "more standard" driving.

What I did notice for sure is that the OEM gear box and the Specs clutch and the OEM rear tires are not handling this distance, lol!!! (need to change my rear PS2 in 5k)

And you are right, 5k in a year is ridiculous, I would like so much to spend more than 90 days a year at home...

Originally Posted by brad8266
One thing I noticed on your logs is that your O2 signal seems to be a tad on the lean side if I am remembering correctly what Mv equates to what AFR. Do you have a wideband? If so what AFR does it read?
That comment is so true in some case, thank you to take care.

The Narrow Band O2 sensors are reading so erratically in my application.
They are in some of my logs just because I have room enough to add them, other of that I never used them as a reference of my AFR.
Here is below a screen shot of a log from the same day, I am tuned in OLSD and can manage the surging bucking at low revs low load and simulate some "lean cruise"...using my permanent installed LM-1
The WOT AFR is in line with the power of the engine in a safe way:

Again brad8266;8059872, thank you to point some important points in your comments.
Christian
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any new news? I know your not home much but did you ever make it to the track?

Quick Reply: VIDEO at Idle plus streetability and WOT with my 511rwhp / FTI