Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Stock Head/Cam 346 LS6 w/ bolton's pre-post Fast 90/90 Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A502slo
You going to be there Saturday and Sunday?? also what track?? Hey Brett wana ride down and see how to make turns
VIR Main, sat & Sun w/ Chin Motorsports. I rented one of the padock suites & a garage, so I could get some extra sleep and not have to roll in the december dirt if I need to get under the car.

I've got extra floor space, if you bring a sleeping bag/air matress. All are welcome.

Spectating is free. I think it's 10 bucks to get a wrist band alowing ride alongs. You just need a snell m2000+ helmet.

VIR is the bomb!!! That one trip to capital was enough for me. 3.76 miles is much mo fun than .25 miles, at least to me.

-Chris
Old 12-06-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by trukk
VIR Main, sat & Sun w/ Chin Motorsports. I rented one of the padock suites & a garage, so I could get some extra sleep and not have to roll in the december dirt if I need to get under the car.

I've got extra floor space, if you bring a sleeping bag/air matress. All are welcome.

Spectating is free. I think it's 10 bucks to get a wrist band alowing ride alongs. You just need a snell m2000+ helmet.

VIR is the bomb!!! That one trip to capital was enough for me. 3.76 miles is much mo fun than .25 miles, at least to me.

-Chris
yea i agree, i like doing the redline timeattack events myself, i cant beleive u did not come out to there events, they had one at Summit and VIR.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A502slo
yea i agree, i like doing the redline timeattack events myself, i cant beleive u did not come out to there events, they had one at Summit and VIR.
Hmm, maybee I will. Is it open passing? If it is I'll probably pass for now, as this is a DD. HPDE is pushing it with a DD, open passing would be dumb.

-Chris

P.s Check your PM. I sent you and Bret a whoper about getting together a cam parts list.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmm, I had no idea AFR made cams. Is it some sort of custome thing they do with Comp? I didn't see anything on their website.

-Chris

P.S. VIR this weekend! Can't wait.
The cams they sell are tailored to their heads. I am going with the 224/228 on a 114. Many have done well with this setup, and since I have the ported FAST already I should be in good shape after the swap
Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Why do you need power outside of your powerband? Who the hell races outside of their powerband? I didn't say I don't want power everywhere, I just said I'd sacrifice power down low for more power where it counts. That sounds like common sense to me when building a car made for racing. I don't race my daily driver and I don't daily drive my race car. Maybe someone who does would feel differently.

By the way, in a car built for racing, "useable" power is power in the powerband. Massive power below 4000 is kind of useless unless you do a lot of racing in the <4000 RPM range. And like I said, if you're racing below 4000 RPM in an LSX car, you don't know how to race. Period.

You know what, let's each build a car. It will be the same car but different setups. You build yours to make big torque below 4000-4500 and have no decent hp above 4500, and I'll build mine to have nothing below 4500 but a ton of peak horsepower at 4500 and above. Then we'll race. I'll win.

Well I maybe I should have been more clear. Your logic works for a road course prepared vehicle. The thread is about a CTS-V!! A 3600+LB family sedan. Losing tq or USABLE power in the low to mid-range in a vehicle like this can drastically affect it. You like many others on this site are caught up in the numbers game. You think you can't have both tq and hp, there MUST be some trade off. I have seen several TR224 cars walk all over MS3,MS4 and Trex cars simply because of how hard they hit in the low to mid-range. Its not about PEAK numbers, its all about power under the curve. That is what wins!!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tee-boy
Power is for racing, Pal. If you are a drag racer, you know that power is needed only above 4500. If you have a 13 second car, think about how little time you spend below 4500... If you are launching high enough, you won't spend any time below 4500.
Maybe you should read the first thread, who in the hell JUST drag races a CTS-V????!!!! Clearly the gentlemen doesn't so what the hell are you taking about??!!! He had a simple question about power loss with a Fast 90/90 setup and bolt-ons.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick update.

First My CTS-V lists at 3850, which seems low. I think it's probabaly closer to 4100 w/ me in it.

Second, I had a blast at VIR. Car did great untill I had a suspension issue near the end of day 1, that ended my weekend.

I did pass a Ferrari f430, and some GT3's Of course I also got ate up by some GT3's.

I need to get the rubber out of this car, there are just TOO MANY god damned big rubber bushings on this car. Damn Cadillac marketting interference I bet .

I also need some dedicated track tires. I had Falken rt-615's that I almost ripped the tread off of the front right.

So now I need to spend 2kish for cam and associated upgrades, and 2kish for rims/tires. I guess it never ends

-Chris
Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Quick update.

First My CTS-V lists at 3850, which seems low. I think it's probabaly closer to 4100 w/ me in it.

Second, I had a blast at VIR. Car did great untill I had a suspension issue near the end of day 1, that ended my weekend.

I did pass a Ferrari f430, and some GT3's Of course I also got ate up by some GT3's.

I need to get the rubber out of this car, there are just TOO MANY god damned big rubber bushings on this car. Damn Cadillac marketting interference I bet .

I also need some dedicated track tires. I had Falken rt-615's that I almost ripped the tread off of the front right.

So now I need to spend 2kish for cam and associated upgrades, and 2kish for rims/tires. I guess it never ends

-Chris
Hey, Chris ill call you tonight when i get back home and talk to you about the cam and tires