Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

511 RWHP 430 RWTQ in a 346!!! WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More proof of Rons porting the FAST's to match the RevXtreme throttle bodies works, and works great!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!

The people saying they need to see a certain track results to believe it are making it look like they don't know anything about racing.

There are A LOT more variables at the track than on an instrument that measures how much power is being produced at the wheels.

Track Variables
altitude
temperature
humidity
driver
transmission
gearing
rear
tires
weight of car
weight and size of wheels
suspension
etc off the top of my head.

Yeah, if it doesn't run a 10 something at 130 then it must be fake!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Louie83
Very nice!

The people saying they need to see a certain track results to believe it are making it look like they don't know anything about racing.

There are A LOT more variables at the track than on an instrument that measures how much power is being produced at the wheels.

Track Variables
altitude
temperature
humidity
driver
transmission
gearing
rear
tires
weight of car
suspension

VERY true!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louie83
Very nice!

Track Variables
altitude
temperature
humidity
driver
transmission
gearing
rear
tires
weight of car
suspension

+1 million. Can you say 2.11 60 for me ??? If I had a tire and or a well prepped track to run on I'd be mid 11's all day. Heated up Nittos just didn't want to grab for me.

Driver mod = 10.99 Wishful thinking LOL
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

who ever said anything about running 10's?

trap speed could more or less give a **** about your 60ft time.

I mean, when a car with better suspension, gearing, driver, tires, and stall whoops the *** of a 500rwhp car in a drag race, what is he going to say.. "well I dyno'd with more HP"? Do you realize how gay that sounds?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Thats true, I guess I did not take that into account. But I still think that on a hot day, going up hill, in 6th gear... there's bound to be some ping at those A/F ratios.

Running on pump gas?

Thats a hell of a cam for a 1000rpm idle... I guess my cam is small if I idle at 850. Time to go bigger I guess.

Good Luck! Cant wait to see/hear about it run!
well i highly doubt you will be in PE mode at 1600 rpm lets say in 6th gear to be honest, and in that case the a/f would be around 14.7 because the car would be computer would be trimming fuel, so in the case timing at that particular air flow rate would be a better avenue to go at to take care of knock.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Thats true, I guess I did not take that into account. But I still think that on a hot day, going up hill, in 6th gear... there's bound to be some ping at those A/F ratios.

Running on pump gas?

Thats a hell of a cam for a 1000rpm idle... I guess my cam is small if I idle at 850. Time to go bigger I guess.

Good Luck! Cant wait to see/hear about it run!
My cam is 236/240 (}streetsweeper) and i idle beautifully at 800rpms.
not a small cam by any means. What was the size of this dudes cam? I may have missed it reading through.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 fast motorsports
miami... our dyno graphs look WAY different!!! my torque rides smooth for a long time, yours shoots up and shoots back down...
it is just because your graphs are scalled different. In actuallity, you guys hit 400lbs at nearly the exact smae time, and fell under it at the exact time. He makes about 10-15lbs more at peak, however. When u take into account dyno variation and condition variation... the point is moot. You guys have a damn near identical dyno chart. if things were scaled the same, i bet u couldnt tell it apart.

you....
Hit 400lbs at : 4200rpms
fall under 400lbs at : 6700rpms

Miami...
hit 400lbs at : 4200pms
falls under 400lbs at : 6700rpms
Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
well i highly doubt you will be in PE mode at 1600 rpm lets say in 6th gear to be honest, and in that case the a/f would be around 14.7 because the car would be computer would be trimming fuel, so in the case timing at that particular air flow rate would be a better avenue to go at to take care of knock.
well yes and no, PE mode not only goes off of rpm but as well as throttle position. So yes if you were going up a hill theres a very good chance you would be in PE mode considing its going to take a lot more throttle to move the car.

At the the same token lots of big cam cars will ping if you lug it up a hill thats the nature of the beast. But it should be noted that an engine in the heat is less prone to detonation. This will allow you to run more timing, compression, or less octane gas in the heat then you would be able to in a cooler temp. This should be taken into consideration when tunning.

This is becuase the engine itself loses VE because of the lack of oxygen in the air at those temps. Same goes for if you are at a higher altitude. IF at say 5k feet above sea level you can actully run more compression then you can at sea level.

So in other words i would just be cafefull, if you have the car running on the edge in the heat then theres a good chance you are going to have issues when the temps come down.

Not as critcal on a NA motor but this is mostly scene in the FI crowd, they will up the boost and such in the summer when they first finish there project then winter comes around and pop goes the motor.

Just a little FYI for you guys.

Justin
Old 06-19-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

also 2 fast motorsports has 410 gears... wich is good for a few hp. Track day should be coming up its a little too hot today to hit up irwindale mabe a million degrees or more!!! Im pretty sure 2 fast motorsports has to change some suspension also before track day, he has full full like everything autocross!!! I mean everything!!!!!
Shane
Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

And johny GTO once again the G5XX cam is basically a slightly changed G5X3 just setup for n02 in areas of the specs. So on NA only it might be a few hp down from the G5X3 and a few tq down but for n02 it will be a lot safer for a 150+ shot. Who really wants to pull an engine a few months after finishing it???
Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

this car makes excellent power and should easily trap 125+ unless he is 4,000' above sea level. it's kind of sad, but it seems the majority of those making big numbers aren't anywhere near it on the track (or the street) for that matter. we see videos of a 490+ whp car getting drug by a 450 whp car. it takes some weight to offset 40whp. or we see these magical high whp cars going to the track and trapping 118 or something. trap speed has little to do with traction and 60'. hell, yall would probably trap LESS if you hooked those cars hard. the only time i see an improvement in trap speed with traction is a stalled auto car. all these 490+ whp stock longblock cars are stick cars.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2003cobraH/C
And johny GTO once again the G5XX cam is basically a slightly changed G5X3 just setup for n02 in areas of the specs. So on NA only it might be a few hp down from the G5X3 and a few tq down but for n02 it will be a lot safer for a 150+ shot. Who really wants to pull an engine a few months after finishing it???

thats all well and good, if i knew the size of the G5X3 then i could figure the G5XX.
yes i could look, but was hoping someone would just put it up. nevermind, i loked at this point.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by s346k
this car makes excellent power and should easily trap 125+ unless he is 4,000' above sea level. it's kind of sad, but it seems the majority of those making big numbers aren't anywhere near it on the track (or the street) for that matter. we see videos of a 490+ whp car getting drug by a 450 whp car. it takes some weight to offset 40whp. or we see these magical high whp cars going to the track and trapping 118 or something. trap speed has little to do with traction and 60'. hell, yall would probably trap LESS if you hooked those cars hard. the only time i see an improvement in trap speed with traction is a stalled auto car. all these 490+ whp stock longblock cars are stick cars.
You make some good points.
The car should have the potential to trap 130+ but it may take some seat time.
Keep in mind that mph IS also driver dependent with manual cars.
(Obviously not as much as ET but it can be significant.)
I've seen it happen many, many times where different drivers mph varies >5mph.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well my car certainly lived up to the high HP low trap. I was expecting 124-126 even with 3.42's in the back. I only managed 123.6 mph. I don't know if running into a headwind hurt me much, but I am sure it had some kind of effect.

How do you (that are in the know on the subject of Drag Racing) think 3.73's would help me at the track ?? Possibly 3.90's, 4.10's are a little too aggressive for me. Rode in one and it seemed like my friend was constantly shifting.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

johny gto https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/434355-g5x3-cam-too-big.html g5x3 basic cam spec. Its not that big in the cam world today. And with the right tune it can be daily driven. For allngn c5 gears mean the world to non z06 c5 vetts. Your gears are soo tall right now it is hard to stay in your peak powerband. I know gears in the stang world can drop .25 to .5 in time and mucho mph!!! Try it and let us know... Times and speeds 2 fast motorsports??? LOL
shane
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2003cobraH/C
johny gto https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434355 g5x3 basic cam spec. Its not that big in the cam world today. And with the right tune it can be daily driven. For allngn c5 gears mean the world to non z06 c5 vetts. Your gears are soo tall right now it is hard to stay in your peak powerband. I know gears in the stang world can drop .25 to .5 in time and mucho mph!!! Try it and let us know... Times and speeds 2 fast motorsports??? LOL
shane
So what effect will changing gears have a greater effect on, TRAP or ET ?? I really thought 123.6 mph in an FRC was pretty good. Especially into a headwind.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
well yes and no, PE mode not only goes off of rpm but as well as throttle position. So yes if you were going up a hill theres a very good chance you would be in PE mode considing its going to take a lot more throttle to move the car.

At the the same token lots of big cam cars will ping if you lug it up a hill thats the nature of the beast. But it should be noted that an engine in the heat is less prone to detonation. This will allow you to run more timing, compression, or less octane gas in the heat then you would be able to in a cooler temp. This should be taken into consideration when tunning.

This is becuase the engine itself loses VE because of the lack of oxygen in the air at those temps. Same goes for if you are at a higher altitude. IF at say 5k feet above sea level you can actully run more compression then you can at sea level.

So in other words i would just be cafefull, if you have the car running on the edge in the heat then theres a good chance you are going to have issues when the temps come down.

Not as critcal on a NA motor but this is mostly scene in the FI crowd, they will up the boost and such in the summer when they first finish there project then winter comes around and pop goes the motor.

Just a little FYI for you guys.

Justin
yeah well i lugg these cars down in the 6th gear when i am tuning them, at even WOT at 1500-1600 rpm i rarely see it go into pe mode, but maybe your experience is different then mine, i mean **** i rarely tune these cars
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
yeah well i lugg these cars down in the 6th gear when i am tuning them, at even WOT at 1500-1600 rpm i rarely see it go into pe mode, but maybe your experience is different then mine, i mean **** i rarely tune these cars
yea just about as an expert on those dynos too, two dynos can read the same hp but different tq.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Track Times..... at Irwindale 1/8 mile track
7.609@ 104.950 60ft 1.991
7.356@ 102.590 60ft 1.852
6.968@ 101.680 60ft 1.580 with ULTIMATE CRAZY burnout to get nittos HOTT and STICKY!!!
7.088@ 103.800 60ft 1.800

Track Variables
altitude: about 750ft above sea level
temperature:from 92-78 degrees F
transmission:T-56
gearing:4.10 with Eaton Posi
tires:275-35-17(front nittos) 315-30-17 (rear nittor drag radial) on ZR-1 wheels
weight of car:3850...convertible WS6
suspension: Custom 6point Roll Cage..BMR subframe connectors, Global West tracklink torque arm,Global West upper A-arms, front coilover kit with Koni DA shocks...Addco solid front sway bar, 1LE 21mm rear sway bar, Global West rear adjustable spring kit with Koni rear shocks, Global West tubular lower contral arms, BMR adjustable panhard rod, Hotchkiss strut tower brace

Still to come.....quarter mile times plus the NITROUS!!! also i will be taking off some suspension mods not needed for drag and i will be adjusting my front and rear springs and shocks to hopefully get better launches!!! But from the results i am pretty darn impressed!!! car really moves from 4200rpm to 7200rpm!!!!

Quick Reply: 511 RWHP 430 RWTQ in a 346!!! WOW!!!