Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

416/406 bolt on z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the car was bone stock it ran even with another 03 zo-6 which at the time had lg long tubes, x-pipe, borla stingers, some twin snorkel intake, and ported ls-6 heads. For comparison my car made 450 on the same dyno and trapped 122.5 mph in the middle of the summer.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:16 AM
On The Tree

well my car made 342/348 with lid headers and catback at one dyno shop and was plus or minus one at redline. Numbers must only be uncorrected here in NY
Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tyler283
When the car was bone stock it ran even with another 03 zo-6 which at the time had lg long tubes, x-pipe, borla stingers, some twin snorkel intake, and ported ls-6 heads. For comparison my car made 450 on the same dyno and trapped 122.5 mph in the middle of the summer.
If it was a dyno jet then it would be more believable as you can't just dial up or down your numbers at will. Depending on how hot the middle of the summer is there those trap speeds seem "ok" for a 450rwhp depending on its weight etc, again too many variables. The thing with dyno dynamics is a few clicks of a mouse could have made your 450rwhp turn into 480rwhp. Considering this brand of dyno and this car making 15+ rwhp over the highest ever dynoing heavy bolt on Z and almost 20rwtq over it just isn't really reality. Maybe if the cars have only been out for a year but 10,000+ have been dynoed and now this one pops up with minor bolt ons and shatters the record? Not likely....
Old 10-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

The thing is nobody has anything to gain by fudging numbers. This car ended up on the dyno by accident. He took another friend to pick up his car and decided to have them put the headers on and do a tune. His previous car was a pullied 03 cobra with other misc bolt-ons and he has sworn from day one that the vette feels faster.

As for my run it was the beginning part of last July race weight that day was 3250 w/out me in the car (weighed at the track). Weather was in the high 70's low 80's normal humidity I’d say. ET was 12.1 tires were bfg kdw's.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tyler283
The thing is nobody has anything to gain by fudging numbers.
This is where you are wrong. Marketing is a huge part in todays aftermarket world, inflated dyno numbers from normal parts installed that have been duplicated 100x over brings in business. People see a higher number and BAM they want whatever guy #1 has because his car is a "freak" and tuned by "insert shop name"...

BTW just saw the car in your sig, thats a bad *** car man, very rare to see that color and the gold wheels work great with it!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blu1
BTW just saw the car in your sig, thats a bad *** car man, very rare to see that color and the gold wheels work great with it!
Thanks man! Your car look bad *** in it self. I was looking for a Nassau blue frc then the green one came up.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Highest I have had is 415/415, and that was on kill for an autocrosser.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Take it to a Dynojet that's calibrated correctly and you'll be in the 385rwhp range.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
wow it made 416 on a dyno dynamics.. now I DEFINITELY dont beleive the #s..
dyno dynamics makes LESS than Dynojet #s. For it to be making more than quoted dynojet #s I am sure the operator and somehow done a "correction factor" to make it read higher.
Not in my experience. The Dynodynamics seem to put out the highest dyno numbers. A gent at CF did a comparison with his car, dynojet vs dd, and the dd was about 30rwhp higher. When I was stationed in VA there were two dyno's in town, a dynojet and dd. The dd was about 30rwhp higher as well. I know even the same type of dyno's can vary but I believe this is a case of the high output dynodynamics dyno.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM

Did he buy the car used? Could be a small cam in there, or the heads have been decked slightly, or even ported? Who knows what a previous owner did before they sold a car.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bunk22
Not in my experience. The Dynodynamics seem to put out the highest dyno numbers. A gent at CF did a comparison with his car, dynojet vs dd, and the dd was about 30rwhp higher. When I was stationed in VA there were two dyno's in town, a dynojet and dd. The dd was about 30rwhp higher as well. I know even the same type of dyno's can vary but I believe this is a case of the high output dynodynamics dyno.
when dynodynamics are shipped they all read lower than dynojet...
I been to 2 diff shops with dd and 5 diff shops with dj.

Your dynodynamics operator probably put in some "correction" settings to get his DD to ready higher or equal to DJ. thats what they do when customers complain that how come my #s arent like everyones DJ #s...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your dynodynamics operator probably put in some "correction" settings to get his DD to ready higher or equal to DJ. thats what they do when customers complain that how come my #s arent like everyones DJ #s...
Exactly DD's are great for tuning but comparing them to any other dyno's numbers is not reliable when they have a dial you HP feature until you are happy.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

I can believe these numbers. My Dad's 02 Vette vert put down 380rwhp (can't remember torque but think it was 380 too) with just long tubes, catted X-pipe, cold air intake and tune. This was on a DJ. With a cat-back, pully, bridge, MAF and more tuning 400rwhp would be cake. So I can see a Z with similar mods doing that.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Well everyone can make their own opinions on the dyno, but I'll tell ya Howard at Redline has been great. Four of us have had our cars tuned by him and he's treated us all top notch. And if you pop over to corvetteforum his shop numbers don't get argued with a whole lot. And I believe will be featured in an upcoming issue of GM Hi Tech.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I understand that some places might want to up thier numbers to look good but he made 380 or so before he even touched the car. if he was trying to sell his services by making huge numbers why would he put the correction in before he did the work.
Like i said before i dynod on a dynojet when i was basically stock 342/348 and a year later before howard put my cam in i dynod 341 /346 on my baseline.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

It is a factory freak, that is it. My old 2002 camaro made 354whp with a lid, maf, exhuast. Stock manifolds and everything.