Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Post your vs. Mach 1 battles!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Honestly I've never had a Mach even stay close to my car. Not saying they are a POS but what the hell is so impressive about these damn things? I know you can make them fast but hell there are Honda's in the 9's so that doesn't mean a lot. Not bashing anyone or trying to start **** but I haven't found one that impressed me yet.
Nobody is trying to impress you... but if Machs don't impress you, why do LS1s? What LS1s have over the Machs is a small advantage on the topend. That's it.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 AM
10 Second Club

Honestly I've never had a Mach even stay close to my car. Not saying they are a POS but what the hell is so impressive about these damn things? I know you can make them fast but hell there are Honda's in the 9's so that doesn't mean a lot. Not bashing anyone or trying to start **** but I haven't found one that impressed me yet.
Where you at? What's so great about your car?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Honestly, I could say the same thing about LS1/LS2 cars in my neck of the woods. So obviously all the shitty Mach 1 drivers are in your area, and all the shitty LSx drivers are in mine. I keep reading about this kicking 3rd gear pull the LSx's have, and yet I've never seen it. In fact, my 3rd gear pull usually puts them away, go figure!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

well my buddy and me were in his 00 m6 ss about 3 months ago cruising around,when we cam up on a blue 04 mach,sounded good and the driver was pretty confident.we raced him 3 times 1 from a dig,we pulled him by 2 cars at 120mph,2nd from about 15 roll about 125mph we had 3 cars on him,and once from about 45 and had about 2 cars on him at 120ish.we stoped and talked to him,cool guy.when we stoped to talk the first thing he said was "so i guess your spraying nitrous?" we let him check under the hood so that he believed it.he said he had beat some LS1's that had more stuff done to them,but anyway
he said his mods were LT headers full exhaust,CAI,new plugs and wires,and it was tuned.
my buddies SS mods at the time were SLP lid,crane wires,tr55's,LT's,True duals X pipe,smooth below,and tuned by boost performance.
good runs
Old 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
well my buddy and me were in his 00 m6 ss about 3 months ago cruising around,when we cam up on a blue 04 mach,sounded good and the driver was pretty confident.we raced him 3 times 1 from a dig,we pulled him by 2 cars at 120mph,2nd from about 15 roll about 125mph we had 3 cars on him,and once from about 45 and had about 2 cars on him at 120ish.we stoped and talked to him,cool guy.when we stoped to talk the first thing he said was "so i guess your spraying nitrous?" we let him check under the hood so that he believed it.he said he had beat some LS1's that had more stuff done to them,but anyway
he said his mods were LT headers full exhaust,CAI,new plugs and wires,and it was tuned.
my buddies SS mods at the time were SLP lid,crane wires,tr55's,LT's,True duals X pipe,smooth below,and tuned by boost performance.
good runs
mach 1's dont have plug wires. they are coil on plug.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
Ok sorry it was a typo. But what would it matter on my knowledge regarding the Mach1, or any Mustangs in general? He asked for a story, and I told him what happened

It was black/orange. Hes a younger kid from Bradley, IL.
Touche. He did ask for a story. I didn't mean to make nothing into something. Just wanted to clarify...Tis all.

I'mma gonna see if I can find out about this guy.
Originally Posted by Dynotune04
Id like to see a mach 1 vs ls1 shootout at Etown or somethin that would be a fun event to attend.
I agree. But I wouldn't want it like the Cobra/Mach shootout. THat was a Joke IMO. I would like it broken down to stock, tranny, and similar mods.
U know...I just realized, I never asked you what you have done to your car. So?....what's your bad boy got?

BTW- I wouldn't underestimate them. Just like I don't LS's. Or you'll get stuck with your pants down...then again, you're used to it ( ). HAHA.
good runs
Sounds like some good races. That mach (if M5) was putting down ~315-320 pending tune.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

And he thinks it takes nitrous to take down a Mach with those mods? Geez...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
And he thinks it takes nitrous to take down a Mach with those mods? Geez...
Well....he did say "he said he had beat some LS1's that had more stuff done to them."

When someone is 'used to' beating LS's with more done to them and then loses by 2 lengths......I think his assumption of a sneaky pete is an understandable.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Nobody is trying to impress you... but if Machs don't impress you, why do LS1s? What LS1s have over the Machs is a small advantage on the topend. That's it.
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Where you at? What's so great about your car?
Originally Posted by TRMach1
Honestly, I could say the same thing about LS1/LS2 cars in my neck of the woods. So obviously all the shitty Mach 1 drivers are in your area, and all the shitty LSx drivers are in mine. I keep reading about this kicking 3rd gear pull the LSx's have, and yet I've never seen it. In fact, my 3rd gear pull usually puts them away, go figure!

Man you guys are too easy to get riled up. I worded what I said just to do that and you guys fell right into it. What I said is true but I left out that I haven't came across any that had more than bolt ons. I'm sure there are more than a few that would kill my roach but I haven't found them yet. When I do I'll give them props and I'll even post it here. Relax, because anyone that pays attention to my past posts would know that I like all cars but I also enjoy giving Ford guys some crap.

Originally Posted by ponygt65
U know...I just realized, I never asked you what you have done to your car. So?....what's your bad boy got?
BTW- I wouldn't underestimate them. Just like I don't LS's. Or you'll get stuck with your pants down...then again, you're used to it ( ). HAHA.
Sounds like some good races. That mach (if M5) was putting down ~315-320 pending tune.
Just an LS6 swap with bolt-ons in a heavy *** convertible. Its NOT anywhere near fast or special. I have my go fast project sitting in my garage but it will be the beginning of next year before I get to start on it. Looking to build a third gen to do it all, street duty, drag race and road courses. As far as my pants being down, they have to be so they can blow me.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

If they are both close to stock then it will be close FUN *** race.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just an LS6 swap with bolt-ons in a heavy *** convertible. Its NOT anywhere near fast or special. I have my go fast project sitting in my garage but it will be the beginning of next year before I get to start on it. Looking to build a third gen to do it all, street duty, drag race and road courses. As far as my pants being down, they have to be so they can blow me.
HAHAH..touche....nice one.

Hmm..so an LS with LS6 intake? AM I getting that right? Yeah, if your beating 'bolt on machs'. THey are probably A4s, or need some seat time. Or bolt ons is like.....catback on those M1s. LOL

A4? M6?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAH..touche....nice one.

Hmm..so an LS with LS6 intake? AM I getting that right? Yeah, if your beating 'bolt on machs'. THey are probably A4s, or need some seat time. Or bolt ons is like.....catback on those M1s. LOL

A4? M6?
A complete LS6 with bolt ons. I got the crate motor from Scoggin Dickey.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH..well, that explains a bit.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will race you for $100,000.00

Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OH..well, that explains a bit.
Its pretty funny sometimes. I get the "man that thing hauls *** for a stock car with just a lid and headers." Most of them think I have some juice hidden somewhere. I've been thinking about getting a money maker kit just to really make them feel bad.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I will race you for $100,000.00

I'll line them up with ya for the fun of it anytime. I don't race for money anymore. I like my money in the bank or in my wallet.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll line them up with ya for the fun of it anytime. I don't race for money anymore. I like my money in the bank or in my wallet.
We can do it for $5. I don't race for any less than that.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
We can do it for $5. I don't race for any less than that.
We can run for $5 if you'd like. Do you live in Washington?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

We can run for $5 if you'd like. Do you live in Washington?
No South Carolina

Quick Reply: Post your vs. Mach 1 battles!