Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Post your vs. Mach 1 battles!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post your vs. Mach 1 battles!

I got a couple of machs out here that run strong and I'm supposed to be running one this weekend with my m6 ss vert. I ran one a lil while back and I pulled on him by only a car in my vert at the top of 3rd and we went from a 45 roll. They seem to keep up preety dam good and I would lov to hear some stories and your mods!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've yet to run a LS1/LT1 in my g/f's Mach. She is usually driving it when they come around. I'd love to run a stock LS1 around here with her car. I did run a bolt on A4 LS1 with my H/C/I setup a while back. I was faster than any stock geared bolt on Mach 1 and I barely edged out that LS1 in 1st and 2nd (I did have traction issues though), once I hit 3rd and 4th I put a carlength or more on him.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

i raced a mach 1 like a year ago, like the only one in my little *** town, i raced him 3 times, i beat him by maybe about 2 cars everytime, he kept begging me to race him over and over, every single time from a dig but he couldnt launch his car worth ****, i would like to someday race a mach with a good driver because it sounds like they put up a damn good fight stock for stock with a LS1
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1000826-video-01-camaro-ss-vs-03-mach-1-donuts.html

heres one
Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by curlytoesZ28
i raced a mach 1 like a year ago, like the only one in my little *** town, i raced him 3 times, i beat him by maybe about 2 cars everytime, he kept begging me to race him over and over, every single time from a dig but he couldnt launch his car worth ****, i would like to someday race a mach with a good driver because it sounds like they put up a damn good fight stock for stock with a LS1
That sounds about right.

IMO since both the LS1 and the Mach 1 are so evenly matched the driver is what makes or breaks the deal. This is why I'd like to run a stock or very close to stock LS1. I've got teh driver mod.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

IBTL...I'm calling it now.

I was nose to nose with a M6 Z with the SLP option. I was light bolt ons and tune though...and it was from a roll. 40-95 and all inbetween.

My only LS story in summary. We went at it a few times a couple of different days. OUtcome the same...we were photo finish close.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

yea it was pretty fun stuff when i raced him because i would jump out off the line about 2 cars and thats right where he would hang untill we let off every single time, we even went to 3 different parts of town on different parts of road because he kept bitchin about shitty pavement
Old 10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I raced a cammed mach1 a few weeks back. First time I got him by 2 lenghts(spinning a little) then the second time he got me by 1.5 lengths(spinning HORRIBALY). At first I was pissed I lost the second race, then I found out he had the cam and I was satisfied. Without the stall, he woulda got me pretty bad though.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Teching In

i ran a few lsx cars and stayed out in front ,i ran a member on this site (z28killz) and beat him all were good races.i would race some more but the dalm mach keeps breaking parts
Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
I raced a cammed mach1 a few weeks back. First time I got him by 2 lenghts(spinning a little) then the second time he got me by 1.5 lengths(spinning HORRIBALY). At first I was pissed I lost the second race, then I found out he had the cam and I was satisfied. Without the stall, he woulda got me pretty bad though.
IDK if I clarified this earlier, but Machs have 4 cams....and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but depending on his setup, he could have anywhere from 330-360RWHP on stock 281CI.

It really depends on cam, tune, and ALOT to do with supporting mods.

Disclaimor, this post was meant to be informative, not bashing.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know they have more then one cam. How else would you say it past tense? "I raced a CAMS Mach1." Just doesnt sound right.

Either way, it was a close race and I only have a tune for my trans and no Torque Management...and probably 340 hp AT MOST. My car is slow.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ponygt65
IDK if I clarified this earlier, but Machs have 4 cams
Exactly how many cams did the late 60s/early 70s Mach 1's have?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

How else would you say it past tense? "I raced a CAMS Mach1." Just doesnt sound right.

Either way, it was a close race and I only have a tune for my trans and no Torque Management...and probably 340 hp AT MOST. My car is slow.
IT was the bolded below I was mostly refering too.

I'll ask around on teh reg...I'm curious to know who it was. WHat color was it? Not too many N/A cammed machs running around so if he's on there, should be hard to find him.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Exactly how many cams did the late 60s/early 70s Mach 1's have?
OH GREAT..you just HAD to bring Jibby into this, didn't you.

(one each, smartass).
Old 10-16-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok sorry it was a typo. But what would it matter on my knowledge regarding the Mach1, or any Mustangs in general? He asked for a story, and I told him what happened

It was black/orange. Hes a younger kid from Bradley, IL.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Id like to see a mach 1 vs ls1 shootout at Etown or somethin that would be a fun event to attend.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

I'm coming home from a car show at a local bar, I admit I took the long way to maybe get a race. Well I see abrand new C6 with some loud exhaust and big tips up in front of me. I gotta say the car was freakin beautiful. It was white with that big exhaust and sounded great. My car was looking good too since I just had it in the show. I pull up next to him at about 40 and it's a pretty young kid, he gives me the thumbs up and stabs the gas a little. So I stab it and fall back to a 40 mph roll right next to him. We both go for it at the exact same time, no honks, good mojo or something. Well my dumbass forgets to shut off the traction control and immediatly I break the tires loose and the engine starts poppin from the TC. Needless to say I loose 2 lengths before my car catchs and goes. I begin pulling him and as my car shifts to 3rd he shifts and I pull even. Then I got 2 lengths on him at about 100 and I back off as there is some traffic up ahead. We slow at the next light and he ends up being a real cool guy. Asked me if my car was supercharged and then tells me he has a lid full exhaust and a tune. I told him I loved the white and he said it was the rarest color for 08'. Light turns green and he makes a left. I felt good about the whole thing and that Vette was faster than I expected. My stalled auto sucks at rolls from 40 and I still took him.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly I've never had a Mach even stay close to my car. Not saying they are a POS but what the hell is so impressive about these damn things? I know you can make them fast but hell there are Honda's in the 9's so that doesn't mean a lot. Not bashing anyone or trying to start **** but I haven't found one that impressed me yet.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced my friend with a orange '04 Mach 1 a couple of times. Last time we raced I had my GF in the car and he was alone. We went from a 50mph roll and he beat me by about 1 car. At the time his mods were off road X pipe with Mac exhaust and my mods were/are GMMG, LID, FTRA, LS6 INTAKE, P&P TB. We raced before when he just had exhaust and stock mid pipe and I beat him by about 1 3/4 of a car. His Mach with X-pipe and exhaust dynoed 290rwhp 312rwtq and I dynoed 324.57rwhp (dyno didn't read my torque for some reason). We both have manual transmissions. He's a very good driver. I did have a messed up clutch on ALL the runs we ever did and I still haven't changed the clutch. My new clutch has been sitting in my room since November 2007.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing... I used to underestimate Mach 1's, but since then I KNOW what they can do. They ARE a drivers race with LS1's!! We will be doing a rematch and hopefully we can get it on vid (this time we'll both have passengers).

Quick Reply: Post your vs. Mach 1 battles!