Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Trans Am vs GSX-R 600

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am vs GSX-R 600

My buddy is constantly wanting me to come out and run his bike with my T/A. He knows what my car can do (against another car) but some of my other buddies think I actually have a shot a beating him. I have never raced a bike personally, but I know you have to have a pretty damn fast car to even keep up with one, much less beat it. Then again, one of my other buddies used to smoke bikes in his Kenne Bell '03 Cobra when I rode with him. I will be on spray of course and we will do this on a wide open stretch of the interstate at a 40 or 60 kick. I would love to beat this guy and wipe that ****-eating grin of his face cause he thinks he is so bad with that damn bike. I am just wondering what my chances are here. I plan on ordering a NANO kit soon and that would definitely help, but he wants to run NOW and he keeps talkin' ****.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

if its a 600 you should walk away at higher speeds, if its a liter bike then you will lose, alot depends on the rider tho, a good rule of thumb is you need about as much horsepower in your car as the cc of the bike
Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You should be more than fine on N20. Im moving this to Bench Racing, the new forum for the "what will happen threads".
Old 11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

You're going to walk away on the bottle. I had an '06 gixxer 6 before it was stolen, best friend has one, brother has a zx-6, many friends, etc. Know what they are capable of completely but I've played plenty with my car and them, a 600whp LS1 is going to walk away from a 600cc bike.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

i used to hang pretty good with 600cc bikes with full bolt ons/weight redux. you have a **** load more power than me lol. youll be fine. i could be wrong, but i believe if u have around 500whp and 500wtq thats enough to take down a 600.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I think you'll do just fine
Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Launching!

If you everything done to your car that you say shouldnt have a problem beatin him especially with 150 shot at a role should walk away steady
Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So my buddy and I finally ran today. He didn't bring his GSX-R 600 though, instead he brought his Daytona 955i. He said this was only fair since I would be spraying the whole time. I didn't really agree since I also had my 200lb. friend in the car with me, but decided "what the hell, lets do it". We went all around the I240 loop around Memphis until we found a big enough opening to drop the hammer. We did the good ol' 3 honks and I slammed into 2nd gear at about 65mph. I jumped on him slightly at first but he kept up good. I was expecting him to pass me, but he just stayed right beside. I started to pull away a little in 4th but then I missed going into 5th. We got off at the next exit and when we turned around and started going the other way on the interstate, we lined up for another run. This time he got ahead of me but I caught up to him and passed him just barely at about 160 mph, but we let off. He is a pretty good driver, but I could tell he was amazed that my car was keeping up with his bike. We turned around one more and raced for a third time. I got a little ahead of him yet again, but missed 5th for the second time and decided that this was enough for the day. I think I would have done a hell of a lot better if I could go into 5th better. My other gears are spring loaded, but 5th takes a bit of doing to get into. We stopped at a gas station and he told me that he came expecting to walk away from me but was amazed at how fast my car was on the spray. We plan on doing this same run again in a week or two, but this time we will film it. I think I can really whip him if I can rig up something so that I don't have to have another person in the car filming.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Launching!

yea that passenger is KILLING you. I had an old vid of my freinds c5 z06 against another c5 z. about the same power but whoever had the passenger lost by 2 cars. so you should definitily pull him.

Quick Reply: Trans Am vs GSX-R 600