Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Tomorrow: 2001 S4 vs 2002 Z28 (vids)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tomorrow: 2001 S4 vs 2002 Z28 (vids)

Well, seeing as how I was a huge advocate of this forum before it got started, I guess I should make use of it.

In the morning, I will be running a friend of a friend who has a 2001 Audi S4 with RS6 turbos, Meth, built bottom end, exhaust, and upgraded valve springs (so he can rev it out). Supposedly it made 460 awhp on a stingy mustang dyno , so chances are I'm going to get my *** handed to me.

We should have vids from in both cars and possibly an exterior vid for a few of the runs. Surprisingly, I guess he has traction issues in this cold (25-30 degrees out today) so we will be going from various low and possibly higher rolls to see how the cars stack up. I've heard he needs some more seat time, so I guess that's my only real shot since I'm a pretty good driver and know my car very well. I have roughly a 100 pound weight advantage, so not much there, and I'm not sure what kind of gearing they have or where he makes power, so I can't count on that even though I have great gearing for dig and low roll races.

If anyone wants to post up some predictions, go for it. Personally, I'm going to predict from a low roll he's going to put at least 3-4 cars on me and from a high roll maybe 2-3 cars (assume we're going to about 120ish). I'd love to get him to go from a dig because honestly if he can't launch it that well and doesn't know what he's doing, it may play to my advantage. I'm running my ET Streets instead of Nittos and they hook really well even in cold weather. I took it out tonight to test it out and without a burnout first gear would spin a bit then grab and second was totally fine. After a burnout, first would chirp and then hook from a roll and I was able to launch pretty decently from a dig.

Game on.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

Huh, no responses. Well, I'm leaving now and should be back within a couple hours with some results (and eventually vids when we get some time to post them). Rock on.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Results are in. I'm gonna post up a thread in Street Racing when we get the videos all set to post up, probably later tonight or tomorrow night, but here's how it went down:

2001 S4 - RS6 turbos, 27ish pounds of boost, meth, exhaust, etc, made 460 to the wheels on a mustang dyno. Weighs around 3,800-3,900 with driver and passenger.

2002 Z28 - mild H/C and bolt-ons, 12-bolt, 4.10s, short-geared six speed trans, ET Streets, made 400/367 SAE on a dynojet. Full weight 3,840 with driver and passenger.

First run was a 40 roll both in second. I jumped out while he built boost, hit third and he started pulling back but I out shifted him and he came up next to me and it stayed there through the top of fourth.

Second run was a 45 roll, both in second. He started 1/2 car back and I jumped out another 1/2 car because he didn't hear the honks. He stayed there in third and then by the top of fourth was just about even with me.

Third run was from a 20 or so but he forgot to turn his traction control off. We both punched it and stayed pretty even through second. We hit third and I took off because his traction control killed his boost. I put a couple cars on him to the top of fourth where I let off.

Last run was his best run and from 40mph. I honked three and he jumped out slightly, then started a steady pull. We let out at the top of fourth with him about a car and a half out.

Keep an eye out for the full story and vids in the Street Racing section.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew u would win, you never lose. How the hell do you get all of these races? I cant find a race to save my ***....
Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
I knew u would win, you never lose. How the hell do you get all of these races? I cant find a race to save my ***....
I didn't win them all. We raced four times, one I won because he had traction control on, two were really good races, and the last one he beat me pretty good.

And this race was setup in advance obviously. I live in prime territory for performance cars and money (although I have very little of the latter). I know where to go and when to look for races. Plus I'm an addict, so that helps.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Banned

Must be nice, when do I get a shot at the title? I wouldnt mind hanging out in your neck of the woods for a night. Im in the Punum, CT area.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Must be nice, when do I get a shot at the title? I wouldnt mind hanging out in your neck of the woods for a night. Im in the Punum, CT area.
Damn, I used to rehearse out in Danielson with my last band and you're even farther than that. You're WAY the hell out there! Let me know if you're ever out this way and we'll do it up. Maybe in the spring when the weather warms up you can come out to the Turnpike one weekend where we usually hang out at the car shows. It's probably about an hour drive for you judging from my past experience.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Damn, I used to rehearse out in Danielson with my last band and you're even farther than that. You're WAY the hell out there! Let me know if you're ever out this way and we'll do it up. Maybe in the spring when the weather warms up you can come out to the Turnpike one weekend where we usually hang out at the car shows. It's probably about an hour drive for you judging from my past experience.

I went to berlin 2 times this year, it really toaned down from how it use to be back in the day. All of the shops and food places use to be packed with cars from one end to the other, now there is one car show at BK and thats it....
Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

I went to berlin 2 times this year, it really toaned down from how it use to be back in the day. All of the shops and food places use to be packed with cars from one end to the other, now there is one car show at BK and thats it....
Yeah, police interest has gone up a LOT and honestly you're out of your mind if you even think about racing on the pike itself on any day of the week, nevermind Friday and Saturday nights when it's the worst. We have other safe areas we like to go where no one is around (innocent bystanders OR police) so we're not putting anyone at risk besides ourselves. We do typically go up to the BK show on Saturday nights, though, and I cruise on Friday nights when I don't have shows. But it's getting cold now and most people don't like to take their cars out in this weather even if the roads are dry and clear.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow: 2001 S4 vs 2002 Z28 (vids)