Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

procharged mach1 vs bolt on camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default procharged mach1 vs bolt on camaro?

So on my local forum there is a guy with a procharged mach1 that wants to race my friends 10.9 04 cobra. cobra goes 10.9@131 and mach one vid shows him going 12.3@112.
With that in mind I chimed in that I would race the mach from a roll (dr's are toast at the moment). I dont know anything about the mach other than the blower and the vid I saw of the 12.3 pass on dr's. My camaro is an 01 with mods in sig. from a 40 roll I put about a 1 1/2- 2 cars on a ls2 c6 from 40-120ish. based on his times I think it should be a good race as my best track mph is 114 and my car is alot lighter than his (3280) no driver and a quarter tank of gas.

does anyone have any experience with a procharged mach? or their opinion on the outcome. Its nothing serious, just what I think is a cool car that I feel would be a good test for my car.

Im also about to order some 4.10's for the car, lets hear what kind of a difference you guys think that would make.

*this is not a discussion about my cars weight, so lets please stay away from that topic. Its a full interior (minus back seats) 01 camaro, NO power options, and by that I mean no cruise, traction, rear hatch release, power windows, locks, or rear defrost, hard top.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Launching!

so Ive done some research and it looks like they will make 440-460ish wheel?... probably enough to yank me pretty good, at least by a few cars. I think the gears will make it alot closer, but they are definitily a must do mod now...
Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

His power depends on his setup. He coult be anywhere from 390-470rwhp (boost, tune, supporting mods pending).

I wouldn't go solely on the ET/TS though. street is a different ball game. Not to mention That TS is a few MPH low.

The 4.10s will help a little bit on teh jump, but once he gets that ATi above 3500rpms, you're in trouble.

On a side note, am I reading your sig correctly that you have full exhaust/lid and putting down 350? Are those STD or SAE numbers (or other correction factor)?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
His power depends on his setup. He coult be anywhere from 390-470rwhp (boost, tune, supporting mods pending).

I wouldn't go solely on the ET/TS though. street is a different ball game. Not to mention That TS is a few MPH low.

The 4.10s will help a little bit on teh jump, but once he gets that ATi above 3500rpms, you're in trouble.

On a side note, am I reading your sig correctly that you have full exhaust/lid and putting down 350? Are those STD or SAE numbers (or other correction factor)?
those are SAE numbers, good power I know but not unheard of. The torque is a little more unheard of. My tuner said he only had one other fbody with those mods make that kind of power. And it was on a dyno jet that has been known to read a tad on the low side.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Launching!

just read that those were his first pass numbers, the car is running consistent 11'.7's on street tires at 123, needless to say ima pass on that run. I might put a 100 shot on and give it a go, but thats down the road.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JTelesone
just read that those were his first pass numbers, the car is running consistent 11'.7's on street tires at 123, needless to say ima pass on that run. I might put a 100 shot on and give it a go, but thats down the road.
That sounds more like it.

BTW - nice numbers man!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hung out with a lot of 03 04 cobras that ran good times . the mach1 is a 4.6 dual cam that i think you got a good chance with as is . it is a 281 that puts 305 engine ponies not wheel ponies .
the race between your setup and what i can see of his would be close . if you add the 4.10s alone it would give the advantage to you . then 100-150 shot just for good measure of lengths.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake charmer
hung out with a lot of 03 04 cobras that ran good times . the mach1 is a 4.6 dual cam that i think you got a good chance with as is . it is a 281 that puts 305 engine ponies not wheel ponies .
the race between your setup and what i can see of his would be close . if you add the 4.10s alone it would give the advantage to you . then 100-150 shot just for good measure of lengths.
Holy crap....that's funny *** ****...OMFG........LOL, thank you, I needed a laugh this morning.

(shoosh, and sit down before your hurt yourself)
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Go run him man. Mustangs in general are slow. You got this....
Old 11-25-2008, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

you will need at last 100 shot to run with him, those first times you posted seemed low, these times make more sense.

my car ran 11.6 @ 117 with a 75 shot.. A 100 shot should make it a good race..
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Always having to use the nitrous to keep up.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Always having to use the nitrous to keep up.

your right, OP should just get some glow gauges to even things out
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slowmofo
your right, OP should just get some glow gauges to even things out
I was gonna go with a 5" tach, but I'm sure the glows will be fine.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by snake charmer
lol, please read ENTIRE thread before posting. A 112 car would not be a problem, my mods are plenty for a stock mach. espescially since my car weights in just under 3300 w/o driver and a 1/2 tank of gas, but I have NO chance against that car. even on a 100 shot I would go low 120's, and now Im hearing that car is making that power on 8psi, but the car has an AED built bottom end. The car is probably good for mid 130's.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol, please read ENTIRE thread before posting. A 112 car would not be a problem, my mods are plenty for a stock mach. espescially since my car weights in just under 3300 w/o driver and a 1/2 tank of gas, but I have NO chance against that car. even on a 100 shot I would go low 120's, and now Im hearing that car is making that power on 8psi, but the car has an AED built bottom end. The car is probably good for mid 130's.
8psi and that power level sounds about right. Shaun is VERY conservative when it comes to tuning, so I'm sure there is plenty of room left in her. Not only that, if it's a built short block, 8 psi is nothing.

Oh, and I think I know who you're talking about. Is it a Black mach 1?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
8psi and that power level sounds about right. Shaun is VERY conservative when it comes to tuning, so I'm sure there is plenty of room left in her. Not only that, if it's a built short block, 8 psi is nothing.

Oh, and I think I know who you're talking about. Is it a Black mach 1?
no its white. his username on our local forum is stockmach. And I was thinking the same thing, 8psi sounds right for 120's but im sure its capable of the mid 130's im hearing about.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry JT, I'm predicting loss on this one.

When I first read the low 12's for the Mach, I knew that didn't sound right. Then reading the 11's made more sense.

You are going to need a bigger caliber bullet to knock that one down.

Cam it. Or squeeze. Or blower. Heck, do all three and tie a chain between the two cars so you can pull him along to keep up.

Either way. Although it will probably be a fun run, unless he screws up a shift or can't get traction, you shouldn't be able to win this one.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
Sorry JT, I'm predicting loss on this one.

When I first read the low 12's for the Mach, I knew that didn't sound right. Then reading the 11's made more sense.

You are going to need a bigger caliber bullet to knock that one down.

Cam it. Or squeeze. Or blower. Heck, do all three and tie a chain between the two cars so you can pull him along to keep up.

Either way. Although it will probably be a fun run, unless he screws up a shift or can't get traction, you shouldn't be able to win this one.
+1 Yea I already bowed outta that run. The only way IMO it was going to be close was if it was a stock mach with the blower and no fuel upgrades or supporting mods to make the power. But its way outta my league. oh well, more motivation to get the forged short block I want...
Old 11-28-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

no its white. his username on our local forum is stockmach. And I was thinking the same thing, 8psi sounds right for 120's but im sure its capable of the mid 130's im hearing about.
I'd have to know more about the car to tell you for sure, but I highly doubt it with only 8psi.
+1 Yea I already bowed outta that run. The only way IMO it was going to be close was if it was a stock mach with the blower and no fuel upgrades or supporting mods to make the power. But its way outta my league. oh well, more motivation to get the forged short block I want...
FYI - a stock block mach with 8psi and hardly any supporting mods......pending tune....will put down ~430rwhp. Shaun is a very conservative (and great) tuner and there is plenty of power left in this car you speak of. Just to give you an example....my mach put down 375 @ 5700 rpms with only 6.5psi. We shut it down and didn't get to finish the run. I had another 1000 RPMS to go. It was easily a 420rwhp car looking at that and the power curve of the dyno. All I had was the blower, intake spacer and catback.

BTW - Mach's stock fuel system can not support a blower. upgrades are needed. It doesn't provide any more power, it just doesn't restrict it by way of not running out of fuel.

I'll have to look around about this guy. I'm curious about his setup. ALthough, I dont' know any OW blown machs from the bay area.

Quick Reply: procharged mach1 vs bolt on camaro?