Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

So apparantly stock 04 GTOs are now........

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
GTO's are slow...
Kinda like you mentally! JFWY!

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 01-08-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
dude, my main issue with stangs is the billion+ special editions, all the cars my friends worked on back home were mustangs and thats who I used to race/compare our cars with for the most part. One of my best friends has a 97 cobra with 4.3X gears and drag slicks....I know what they can be capable of.

To PNYKLR-TA- where in AZ are you? We can bring cameras if you want and I have a lowly LS1...lol
NO, I gotcha......all the stang editions can be annoying. The WORSE of it, is the 'dealer' stickered crap that lead people to believe they are something special. That's mostly on teh S197s though. I also hate the ignorant owners that think roush stg 1/2 and S281s are drag worthy special. They aren't. THey're built with road racing in mind.

Even the 99-04 S281SC's aren't anything too special. Hell, stock for stock, with 3.27 gears (not 3.73s optioned) they are about on par with a stock mach. And that's with 340/360hp (year pending).
Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I see your punkass made it over here. Where the hell did you get that time for my 408? That car went bottom 10s. And Id love to run your POS but m not driving 800 miles or however far it is for it.
Hey Im not the one that didnt have the ***** to continue on the GTO forum and instead run over here and cry about things he though impossible. I believe your exact quote was, "Im through with you." Apparently not. You had to go **** and moan over here too.

Well your CAR may have had the potential to run low 10s, but I doubt that you did. Post the slip.

And as far as that time, the search function pwns you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...7-123-mph.html

And the only POS in this discussion was your car since you did manage to blow up your LS1.

My car ran a freakin high 12 with average weather conditions and has beaten several C5s, C4s, and ran with a M6, LT, SS (who posts on THIS forum.) And has never lost to any of the mentioned cars. Big whoop, why does that offend you so damn much? As I said over there, my car will still put down 310-320rwhp just like all the other LS1s.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better Im going to be racing quite a few modded LS1s and LS2s that WILL kick my *** up in clearwater. Ill even get it on video for you. LoL! And as far as a rematch with the aforementioned SS M6 LT camaro he'll likely win as he has added a few more mods since the race and I have remained the same trim for SM1 for the GTO get together.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 01-08-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Wanna run too?
With you running 12.7? lol waste of gas.

Hey thats funny cuz I ran Eric's (fauslpss) car on this site which is an LT full exhaust M6 from a 50ish roll and it was pretty much dead nutz. (Actually I pulled about 2-ish cars from the punch, he slowly made up some ground in 3rd, then we sat there, his nose at my door, for all of 4th gear.) Since he never actually lead the race I can call it a kill but choose not to since all through 4th gear, we did not move an inch relative to each other until I lifted and jumped on the brakes for the rapidly approaching traffic. '04 GTOs ARE deficient in the brakes so I had to brake before he needed to....

Im sure he and I will race again in the future - he is actually a really cool dude. PM him if you dont believe my story.

Then there is the video of me *gasp* pulling that C5 since he got a half car lead on me from the launch. Post race he was surprised at my trap of 108.49 vs his 108.50 because he stated that I was still pulling away from him on the big end.
I said i kept even, neither of us pulled enough to call it a win but you got your panties in a wad for some reason. I got nothing against LS1 gto's, but stock, they are not faster than a C5 or LS1 fbody, sorry buddy.

If you beat them, good for you, but its not the norm. Noone's stock anymore these days anyway, so this conversation is pointless, grow up and slow down keyboard warrior.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stock fbody vs stock gto and the gto fails.
mine didnt bust 14.0 when i had it.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
With you running 12.7? lol waste of gas.
Oh I wont be anywhere even close to a 12.7 if I run you... Think faster, much faster...

I said i kept even, neither of us pulled enough to call it a win but you got your panties in a wad for some reason. I got nothing against LS1 gto's, but stock, they are not faster than a C5 or LS1 fbody, sorry buddy.

If you beat them, good for you, but its not the norm. Noone's stock anymore these days anyway, so this conversation is pointless, grow up and slow down keyboard warrior.
Not the norm? Sure. But not because of the car's lack of potential, but rather the driver. Im sure you will agree that most GTO drivers suck - this is a result of the fact that GTO's are much tougher to launch than their fbody counterparts. But combine a good driver (to offset the difficulty in launching the goat) in a healthy GTO with an average driver in a c5 vette and you've got a race on your hands - IMHO.

As far as getting "...panties in a wad..." I assumed you were calling bs on the races i was in, which is why I got irked. But in the end, why the hell are we argueing over the intrawebz? lol!

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 01-08-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
stock fbody vs stock gto and the gto fails.
mine didnt bust 14.0 when i had it.
Your fbody couldnt break 14.0? Better set that bitch on fire.

You couldn't get your GTO under a 14? Better learn to drive better. (The problems that hurt most GTO owners are massive heat soak - did you let the coolant temp drop below 140*F prior to running? Also the OEM tires blow - good tires alone will cut a LOT of time off on the track.)

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 01-08-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

stone stock i was running mid 13s in the 04 goat....some people need to learn how to drive.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Im not the one that didnt have the ***** to continue on the GTO forum and instead run over here and cry about things he though impossible. I believe your exact quote was, "Im through with you." Apparently not. You had to go **** and moan over here too.

Well your CAR may have had the potential to run low 10s, but I doubt that you did. Post the slip.

And as far as that time, the search function pwns you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...7-123-mph.html

And the only POS in this discussion was your car since you did manage to blow up your LS1.

My car ran a freakin high 12 with average weather conditions and has beaten several C5s, C4s, and ran with a M6, LT, SS (who posts on THIS forum.) And has never lost to any of the mentioned cars. Big whoop, why does that offend you so damn much? As I said over there, my car will still put down 310-320rwhp just like all the other LS1s.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better Im going to be racing quite a few modded LS1s and LS2s that WILL kick my *** up in clearwater. Ill even get it on video for you. LoL! And as far as a rematch with the aforementioned SS M6 LT camaro he'll likely win as he has added a few more mods since the race and I have remained the same trim for SM1 for the GTO get together.
Yeah..... your car may have done that...........but yer a ***.LOL But you have nioce interior.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your fbody couldnt break 14.0? Better set that bitch on fire.

You couldn't get your GTO under a 14? Better learn to drive better. (The problems that hurt most GTO owners are massive heat soak - did you let the coolant temp drop below 140*F prior to running? Also the OEM tires blow - good tires alone will cut a LOT of time off on the track.)

if i let it cool down that much it would have taken 3 or more hours. i tested that once. engine temp stayed around 210-225 for a good 30 minuets before it dropped, then it dropped really slow. Dont know what the problem was, but for what the gto were going for, f-body was a MUCH better car for the money. But I see in a few threads now that there are 04 GTO's popping up for around 14K with 50K miles and under. only way i would ever own another goat would be if the rear cradle had the pedders kit. i think it was pedders at least. and it was sub $13K. I LOVED the interior in that car and the street ride. I had bad problems with the rear alignment. insides of the rear tiers wore from brand new to almost bald in 8K miles i think it was. I still say gm F'd up calling it a gto since its been a production car in australia for years and years be fore it was ever here in the states.

and i havent ran my camaro yet, but i would burn the mother down if i dont break 14.0. from what i have seen on good tires and a good launch i'll tickle 13.0. I will be happy with anything 13.5 and faster.

stone stock i was running mid 13s in the 04 goat....some people need to learn how to drive.
it's not that i cant drive, i can. the one i had was just pig slow.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I know really. So defensive. I cant believe some of these guys think a LS1 GTO can be "edged" out by a LS2 C6. WTF??? A C6 would monkey rape a LS1 GTO.
The same guys should be banned from all internet use.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

You are such a dumbass.That time was right after I had the motor built and was babying it still only spraying a 50 shot. You are such a moron. I sold that car a long time ago and dont keep slips around. Someone on here bought it though, maybe he can chime in with how it ran.

I find it absolutely amazing that you think a 310 rwhp 3800 pound LS1 car is = to a 310 rwhp 3400 pound car.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I find it absolutely amazing that you think a 310 rwhp 3800 pound LS1 car is = to a 310 rwhp 3400 pound car.
Thank you....I was wondering why I never had the need to read his posts.....and I've never seen the guy post before. Chalk it up to gut feeling, and you just proved why I shouldn't have bothered.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
dude, my main issue with stangs is the billion+ special editions, all the cars my friends worked on back home were mustangs and thats who I used to race/compare our cars with for the most part. One of my best friends has a 97 cobra with 4.3X gears and drag slicks....I know what they can be capable of.

To PNYKLR-TA- where in AZ are you? We can bring cameras if you want and I have a lowly LS1...lol
North phoenix man, where you at? and i never said they are lowly LS1's if thats what you implying, i was just simply stating the 3 GTO's i've ran against or with at the track have ran slower than I.

I'm sure you probably have beat just about every LT1 around, but not this one, well at least yet if you have anything done to your car

ohh and next week my car is going into the shop for a 3200rpm stall with a complete tranny rebuild with a stage 2 shift kit, should be good for some high 12's hopefully

so if your in AZ or gunna be sometime we should get this goin on!

of coarse all in good fun for our friends here at LS1Tech
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Thank you....I was wondering why I never had the need to read his posts.....and I've never seen the guy post before. Chalk it up to gut feeling, and you just proved why I shouldn't have bothered.
Glad I could be of assitance.

Quick Reply: So apparantly stock 04 GTOs are now........