Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

ls1 vs 99 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

arguing over a shitty race vid doesn't help the OP!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

You definatly need to get a video of this.

I have nothing against cobras...personally I like them. I wouldnt mind having a 03 or 04 cobra.

But yeah, This kid doesnt know what he has.

Just run on a close to empty gas tank and say the winner fills the others car up with gas LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BayareaCobra
No doubt you would have raped a stock 99 Cobra with your mods, but that's the worst setup race I've ever seen. If you go from a roll start NEXT to the car and give it 3 honks. Starting a car length behind the car and just flooring isn't anything to watch.

600lbs? 99 Cobras weigh 3400lbs, your Camaro weighs 2800lbs? I see you're e-challenging me to a race. Well, it would be a good race, I'm just in a little old full weight M6 Cobra with simple bolt-ons and a little juice.
i gave him a car length, and we kicked it at the exact same time.. do you really think it would have mattered?

camaro.... what the hell is that..

my TRANS AM! weighs 2900#s... so yes close to 600 lbs.. in another month or so it will weigh right at 2800#s..
i dont think it would be too good of a race.. you would be there, but not close enough for me to worry..

11.58 @ 123mph
150 shot ??.?? @ ???mph

it would be a good race if you sprayed a 150 and i sprayed a 75.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayareaCobra
Loudest stock LS1 eva, must of been the BS factory god edition. Next time line up with him and give some sort of indication of when a race is going to start. A video starting with you already full throttle a car length behind and then staying in it till you're 50 car lengths ahead is just garbage.

I didn't see a race, but if ya say that is what the outcome should be. I guess we will take your word for it.
You must not be familiar with Lemons, his "stock" car or punisher racing...

Damn lemons, didn't you post that same video in a kill thread and get the same reaction as this guy's???
Must be fun to do what you do. Sadistic, but fun.

Oh yeah...
I WANT TO SEE A DAMN VIDEO!!!

If the OP doesn't post this race soon then Lemons and Bayarea better duke it out and record that ****
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
You must not be familiar with Lemons, his "stock" car or punisher racing...

Damn lemons, didn't you post that same video in a kill thread and get the same reaction as this guy's???
Must be fun to do what you do. Sadistic, but fun.

Oh yeah...
I WANT TO SEE A DAMN VIDEO!!!

If the OP doesn't post this race soon then Lemons and Bayarea better duke it out and record that ****

yes, i did... it took a minute for the regulars to chime and and give a little insight on my stock car.. and yes, it usually gives me a good little chuckle.

i doubt me and bayarea are going to be duking anything out, unless he wants to make the cross country trip.. would be and interesting vid nonetheless though!

its starting to warm up some more.. so im going to start having a little bit more fun... first warm weekend im going to throw my tires on and have some fun with some bikes.. then ill start setting up some more races. i will deliver some entertainment!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Haha, i turn away for a second and the thread explodes. I keep bugging him to race and say it will be close but he says " I dont want to get in trouble " or " its not worth my time".... but he did say he would take it to the track when it opens so because he wont get in trouble so maby I can get some friendly staging lane bet or something. But if that is when we race it will be real ugly because I just bought an SS3600 so it will be real ugly then....
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slo98bird
Haha, i turn away for a second and the thread explodes. I keep bugging him to race and say it will be close but he says " I dont want to get in trouble " or " its not worth my time".... but he did say he would take it to the track when it opens so because he wont get in trouble so maby I can get some friendly staging lane bet or something. But if that is when we race it will be real ugly because I just bought an SS3600 so it will be real ugly then....
show him what a 99 cobra is rated at.. and then show him what your car was rated at from the factory... of course the ls1 is underrated.. but still.. and i believe the 99s were actually overrated..

then ask him how much of a waste of gas it is.. they are rated with 10 hp from each other from the factory i believe..

kid is a tool.. /thread
Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
what was the verdict.. what color is the mustang bryce? if its the yellow 99 gt around town you will easily walk it... its a turd...let me know when this happens, ill have my car out this weekend
the verdict is that the kid's a d-bag and doesnt know his left hand from his right cuz GT is on the trunk and its def not a cobra... and brice will kill it and unfortunately the kid is real dumb b/c if they raced on the street brice might break loose a lil bit but on the track he will dead hook making it worse
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

everyone is over sighting the fact that this tool bought a 99 fake cobra for 17500, now thats funny
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
everyone is over sighting the fact that this tool bought a 99 fake cobra for 17500, now thats funny
i missed that part..
Old 02-05-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
nope...it's called BS..that's why. A bank wont' finance a car that is over priced compared to value like that. the ONLY way would be IF...and big IF, he put a huge deposit down so the financing amount is at or below book value.

Personally...I think the guy is a BS'r and spent 7.5k on a 99 Fobra GT.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ponygt65
nope...it's called BS..that's why. A bank wont' finance a car that is over priced compared to value like that. the ONLY way would be IF...and big IF, he put a huge deposit down so the financing amount is at or below book value.

nice catch pony, didnt think of that... but it is the truth..
Old 02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Please tell me you are getting some nittos or MTs with the mods you have...i've race a lot of mustangs and the GTs are slow as ****. I don't know if the one I raced had something wrong with it or not, but it was so bad I thought he wasn't racing. We talked afterwards and he just said he needs better tires, but I was on wide oval 245s so that's BS.

I was a stock a4 at the time w/2.73s and LTs and exhaust...it was pathetic. I wont even bother racing him with the mods I have now.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's probably FOS on the price he paid. Traditionally "trying to impress" everyone, all the while looking more and more like an idiot. You'd have to ASK to be overcharged at that price and mileage for a 99-04. Hell, even S197s aren't going for that much.
Yeah my friend did the same thing, he wanted to get rid of his v6 mustang an get a eclispe. He went an found an 03 or so eclispe gs. told everyone it was turboed, and that he already bought it an payed 20k for it i was like dude no way in hell would i pay 20k for that car. Then his dad told me it was like 13k
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Im not doubting that he paid 17500 for it. His dad paid for it with a check straight up.... his dad is loaded... and I have m/t drag radials on some camaro rims for when the ocasion calls.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not doubting that he paid 17500 for it. His dad paid for it with a check straight up.... his dad is loaded... and I have m/t drag radials on some camaro rims for when the ocasion calls.
how do you know his dad paid for it straight up?

taking "his word" again?

just because people have nice things, nice cars, and do stuff a lot while living in a nice house does not mean they are loaded.. it could mean they are in debt..
not trying to get the thread in that direction just saying.. a lot of times people you think are loaded are no where near it.. they are so deep in debt they will never ever get out.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
how do you know his dad paid for it straight up?

taking "his word" again?

just because people have nice things, nice cars, and do stuff a lot while living in a nice house does not mean they are loaded.. it could mean they are in debt..
not trying to get the thread in that direction just saying.. a lot of times people you think are loaded are no where near it.. they are so deep in debt they will never ever get out.
If it were anyone else i would call bs, but this kids family owns most the town..... his dad took him to the dealership to look at a new challenger but he didnt like the way it drove so he kept lookin.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

If it were anyone else i would call bs, but this kids family owns most the town..... his dad took him to the dealership to look at a new challenger but he didnt like the way it drove so he kept lookin.
great....more idiots with $$$....

Seriously though....i guess it's possible, I mean, if his dad's dumb enough to do something like that, they're probably dumb enough to over pay by 10k. LOL

Seriously though, I can't see how a dealership could even consider asking dble the going market. Dealerships don't do that. i tink lame-o tryin' to impess everyone and he's new car datty bought him.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

in other words... hes still a tool any way you dice it..
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

the race will probally look like this except you will be were the mustang is and he will be were the t/a is (thats my t/a atock vs a 503 rwhp mustang) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaloOMVWhs

Last edited by millersta; 02-06-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: ls1 vs 99 Cobra