Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

WS6 vs. GT who will come out on top?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
I don't know about the chip or whatever but I'm almost willing to bet its not as agressive of a tune as a cobra?
Cobra tune has nothing to do with a GT tune.

Do you mean police Interceptor? IIRC (been a while for me on those) they are a 275HP 2V motor. Basically, it's a GT motor with a better tune. The 'chip' is really just a tad more agressive tune. Tis all. I'll have to dig up the PI motor.
EDIT.............250HP for 04+
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You should have no problem. It's funny reading the posts from guys who have NO idea what its like to run 130+ traps and yet still say Mustangs suck.

Last edited by ponygt65; 01-09-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought some of those interceptors came with the 4v motor? Or was it just the merc marauder? Thats why I said that about the chip going from 4v to 4v I figured the cobras tune would be more agressive

So basically, this car has a 2v GT motor in an original cobra, with a cobra intake manifold? Its a pieced together mutt it sounds like? Or does the car at least look clean and unbeat?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You will probly make him want to sell his car.... get a video this was me at a 30 roll on a mustang with every bolt on A4, he's car moves out good too if you read the info. My car is a 6speed im the car to the left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ls_svHPIK0

Last edited by pitbull14218; 01-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I thought some of those interceptors came with the 4v motor? Or was it just the merc marauder? Thats why I said that about the chip going from 4v to 4v I figured the cobras tune would be more agressive

So basically, this car has a 2v GT motor in an original cobra, with a cobra intake manifold? Its a pieced together mutt it sounds like? Or does the car at least look clean and unbeat?
OR, the guy could just be an idiot and not know what he's talking about. To my knowledge (and I'm not a Ford god by any means, but....) there were no 4V PI cars. ONLY the marauders had the 4V and it was virtually a mach motor. I googled PI's just to make sure I wasn't going nuts, hence my edit of HP rating. I may have missed something, but I knew the PI's had the 2V GT motor in it.

And again, I don't think you can put a 4V upper intake on a 2V car. I can't see how it would be possible. Sounds like the GT owner has no idea what he's talking about.

OP - if you can, take some pics of the car and motor, then post them up. Some of us Ford guys can clarify at least some of what the frakenstein thing is. LOL
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

as far as i kno its the stock interceptor motor. w flows and intake. cars good lookin from a distance but its beat.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pitbull14218
You will probly make him want to sell his car.... get a video this was me at a 30 roll on a mustang with every bolt on A4, he's car moves out good too if you read the info. My car is a 6speed im the car to the left

nice. its pretty bad when the catch car blows by him.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

OP - if you can, take some pics of the car and motor, then post them up. Some of us Ford guys can clarify at least some of what the frakenstein thing is. LOL[/QUOTE]

i will try and find out wht year the interceptor motor is and wht parts he transfered. thanks 4 the help
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't think you could put the cobra manifold on the 2v motors, but maybe they make some kind of adaptor kit? Someone out there....for..some reason? I have no clue.....maybe the snake on the intake manifold is a stick on badge, that'd be more likely, lol.

I didn't know if any of those police interceptors came with 4v or not, I'd heard it but I didn't know thats why I asked lol
Old 01-09-2009, 08:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by pitbull14218

That car does not have "every bolt on." Were you stock?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

I didn't think you could put the cobra manifold on the 2v motors, but maybe they make some kind of adaptor kit? Someone out there....for..some reason? I have no clue.....maybe the snake on the intake manifold is a stick on badge, that'd be more likely, lol.

I didn't know if any of those police interceptors came with 4v or not, I'd heard it but I didn't know thats why I asked lol
dai, not an actual intake. sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

OH, well if its a 2v intake manifold its blatantly a 2v motor then.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are incorrect on 50% of your information.

The S197s bone factory stock are a few tenths behind an LS fbod..tis true.

There is no GT300 SHelby. The Shelby GT and GT-H are GT's with better suspension and 15-20 more HP because of tune and air intake. They are a better match than a normal GT however so slight. THe GT/CS is a GT with appearance package. There is no 'early' 00 mach, they were only available in 03/04 and they are not 'usually' a few cars back. They are on par. Roush stg1 and 2 are for handling and looks, nothing for power. Same with the S281s (basic Saleen). There is no stg2 saleen, it's S281, S281SC, S281E.

The S197s with CAI and tune.....are a good match with the stock 3.55 gears (M5) and will push near or a tad more power than what a stock mach will because of the crappy factory tune.

The Bullit's are a GT with a tad more HP and 3.73 gears.

A pre-05 GT will need more than just a couple of bolt ons and a tune to even come close to a stock LS M6 Fbod.
the intake and tune mods in the shelby gt-h and shelby gt i was including when I said "dress up" but that was me thinking everyone knows what I mean sometimes, its late you know. my bad

and by earlyy 00 mach i mean early in the 2000's, which means bellow 2005 which includes 03 04. As for the mach 1 i was speaking for personel experience with my stock ws6, when it was stock and they were always and i mean always (my cousin has two of them and hangs with a bunch) a few cars back. But I will give you that one

never claimed the stage 1 and 2 roush had a power increase, just saying this incase your implying I did, which I think is not the case

I know the there is no saleens stg 1 or 2, thats why I said (I forgot the numbers), the numbers being S281, S281SC, S281E

my bad i will detail it more next time

As for the GT300 thing, that was meant to be GT350, like the one in the link, but I am guessing that is a personel decal. There are so many different types of GT stangs that I figured it was another. That I do appologize for

http://www.graphic-express.com/image..._barlow-01.JPG
Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
the intake and tune mods in the shelby gt-h and shelby gt i was including when I said "dress up" but that was me thinking everyone knows what I mean sometimes, its late you know. my bad

and by earlyy 00 mach i mean early in the 2000's, which means bellow 2005 which includes 03 04. As for the mach 1 i was speaking for personel experience with my stock ws6, when it was stock and they were always and i mean always (my cousin has two of them and hangs with a bunch) a few cars back. But I will give you that one

never claimed the stage 1 and 2 roush had a power increase, just saying this incase your implying I did, which I think is not the case

I know the there is no saleens stg 1 or 2, thats why I said (I forgot the numbers), the numbers being S281, S281SC, S281E

my bad i will detail it more next time

As for the GT300 thing, that was meant to be GT350, like the one in the link, but I am guessing that is a personel decal. There are so many different types of GT stangs that I figured it was another. That I do appologize for

http://www.graphic-express.com/image..._barlow-01.JPG

I just wanted to clarify. Tis all.

No, that GT350 is not 'real' and is nothing but a sticker kit. I agree..too many dealer add on craps....It confuses alot of people. No 'official' GT350 was released. just like there was no S197 Mach....but plenty of 'dress up' versions.

And, Believe me, I'm plenty experienced with machs.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs. GT who will come out on top?