Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I'll have to go find one to drive for a bit longer than a "test" drive. But I'm not buying any vehicles soon. My camaro is NBM also Schmidty.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

To me, its not that nice driving my WS6 around. Its just a weekend summer car. Just before I put the heap away in storage back in october, I was so glad to get out of it for a while. Even the short trip to the storage barn was not enjoyable at all due to the way I sit in it.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit213
What's the race weight of that car?
If I remember right that car is pretty much gutted, no center console, no carpet.............

Its weight reduction to the extreme....... yeah it would wax most Termenators but have fun driving it long distances....

This thread is dumb, buy what you like, drive what you like. If you want anice DD get a Termenator with pulley, tune, CAI, exhaust, and have a nice DD thats only loud at WOT...

If you want to gut a car and have almost no street maners then you know what to buy....

To make this agrument even more retarded lets compare these cars to a notch foxbody that has race carpet and seats, no A/C or useless stuff, glass hood, plenty of people with BBC's that are UNDER 3,000 pounds with driver, to many to point a finger at with small blocks........keep in mind this is still with a full interior, no back seat though.... dash, headliner, door pannels... center console.... ect ect.

OR if you want a light car go get a hatch back Honda....

Give me a break guys...

NOW.... lets talk about light cars.......
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
How is the seating position in the Cobra compared to a WS6 or even a camaro in this case.
It's horrible, which is why I now have Corbeau CR1's. They completely change the ride height and the seating position. I really liked the seating position in my '00 Z28.

*Also, does it have the steering feel like that of a Peterbilt 4th gen F bodies do? My steering is far from light.
Steering feel seems to be on par with fbodies IMO.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's horrible, which is why I now have Corbeau CR1's. They completely change the ride height and the seating position. I really liked the seating position in my '00 Z28.

Steering feel seems to be on par with fbodies IMO.

I sat in a 02 GT and I didnt think it was bad? I guess were all designed differently. I was actually thinking of getting some aftermarket seats for my WS6 IF i keep it. How much are those Corbeau seats you have?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How much are those Corbeau seats you have?
My cost was better than normal, but you should expect to pay around
$800-$1K for seats and brackets.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jon5212
They do have pretty heavy steering, but I don't mind it, the steering wheel is too bulky in my opinion. I haven't driven a cobra but have a Mach 1 i felt the visibility/comfort was much less than the f-body.
Now THAT's a first. I know I usually jump to defend machs, but seriously, I've heard more complaints with Cobra's than machs.

Really? I love the ride position. That's one of things I abosultely love about them. Just like I love the shifter position in the S197s.

Honestly though, everyone's different. It comes down to individual comfort and body size. I'm 5'8" 250 and the new edge's are perfect. The only thing I didn't like about the cobra is my clothes kept catching on the suede. With the mach's leather, I slid right in and out. It was great after I put protectant on....slippery. LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by schmidtycamaro

Driving my truck everyday on roads around here is hell. I get in my Camaro on a nice day and feel so relaxed. Then my friends say I'm crazy because F-bodies are supposedly "horribly uncomfortable." To those people I just say, "try driving around in a lifted truck as old as mine, rowing through gears, all day. Then come back and tell me how uncomfortable a F-body is."
Get some konis on the Camaro and stock will be like that lifted truck in comparison...
Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

...or perhaps you're just a dumb GM fan boy that makes stupid posts?
You clearly didn't comprehend what he said and you posted a record holding
cam only car (racecar).

I agree with lemons12. I can't believe I just said that.

Granted most of my dream cars are not even GM that makes no sense unless you personally know me, Ill let the guy I directed that comment to respond.

My point is a fast car is a fast car, you should not make the "it was gutted and blown" excuse. If someone takes the wrench time to make a car run strong then any knowledgeable gear head should give respect to that guys car.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...or perhaps you're just a dumb GM fan boy that makes stupid posts?
You clearly didn't comprehend what he said and you posted a record holding
cam only car (racecar).

I agree with lemons12. I can't believe I just said that.
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

sigged!

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Granted most of my dream cars are not even GM that makes no sense unless you personally know me, Ill let the guy I directed that comment to respond.

My point is a fast car is a fast car, you should not make the "it was gutted and blown" excuse. If someone takes the wrench time to make a car run strong then any knowledgeable gear head should give respect to that guys car.
no one said that they wont or dont give respect where it is due.. and yes, a fast car is a fast car, period.

what we are saying is it is MUCH more impressive to have a 11.0@120 full weight drives like stock looks like stock car, than a 11.0@120 gutted "drag car" with no heat,ac,stereo, looks like a drag car...

for some reason you aren't comprehending that..
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
no one said that they wont or dont give respect where it is due.. and yes, a fast car is a fast car, period.

what we are saying is it is MUCH more impressive to have a 11.0@120 full weight drives like stock looks like stock car, than a 11.0@120 gutted "drag car" with no heat,ac,stereo, looks like a drag car...

It's also being said that DT has been asking for full weight since the beginning.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats because I would take that full weight car and gut it out
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

thats because I would take that full weight car and gut it out
just curious... have you owned a low-high 10 second car gutted and a low-high 10 second car full weight?

for a race car, they should be gutted.. for something you drive on a regular basis.. most at first say gut it.. but usually seem to outgrow it.. i know im starting to... its nice to have some comforts such as a stereo, quietness, ac, heat, power steering, etc...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then we are talking about what would be a good daily driver....but since I have no front sway bar,bolt ons,cam only, gutted,no a/c,no stereo,drag suspension, on drag radials. I wont know how fast my car goes until the rain here clears and race season starts. Yes I daily drive it for the time being since my daily drive TA broke down. It sucks sometimes but Im getting used to the raw feel of it now
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Then we are talking about what would be a good daily driver....but since I have no front sway bar,bolt ons,cam only, gutted,no a/c,no stereo,drag suspension, on drag radials. I wont know how fast my car goes until the rain here clears and race season starts. Yes I daily drive it for the time being since my daily drive TA broke down. It sucks sometimes but Im getting used to the raw feel of it now
well ill give you some insight..

my car weighs 2900#'s.. over 400rwhp on motor, over 600rwhp on the juice..

OF COURSE it is fun and is fast for a street car.. i drive it 50 miles a day.. EVERYDAY rain or shine..

if i had to pick.. i would MUCH rather drive a 3900# 400/600rwhp trans am every day... no it wouldnt be as fast, but for a nice all around car and more impressive all around... it would win hands down... the times wouldnt be much different, but it would be a ten times nicer car..

the gutted drag car thing gets old REAL fast when you drive your car all the time.. for a weekend criuser,track car.. im all for it.. but for DD it gets old with no speakers and **** like that... its lame..

thats all we are saying..
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

well ill give you some insight..

my car weighs 2900#'s.. over 400rwhp on motor, over 600rwhp on the juice..

OF COURSE it is fun and is fast for a street car.. i drive it 50 miles a day.. EVERYDAY rain or shine..

if i had to pick.. i would MUCH rather drive a 3900# 400/600rwhp trans am every day... no it wouldnt be as fast, but for a nice all around car and more impressive all around... it would win hands down... the times wouldnt be much different, but it would be a ten times nicer car..

the gutted drag car thing gets old REAL fast when you drive your car all the time.. for a weekend criuser,track car.. im all for it.. but for DD it gets old with no speakers and **** like that... its lame..

thats all we are saying..
technically if you had alot of cubic inches and a power adder you can hit 11's or faster on full race weight car haha
Old 02-13-2009, 02:43 AM
***Repost Police***

You were just arguing with me in another thread how you thought it was dumb when people built fast Hondas because they should be building LS1s instead.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

damn.....this thread is still active
Old 02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

technically if you had alot of cubic inches and a power adder you can hit 11's or faster on full race weight car haha

it takes a well balanced car..

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You were just arguing with me in another thread how you thought it was dumb when people built fast Hondas because they should be building LS1s instead.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

All Ive retained from this whole thread is Lemons got a new sig quote

Quick Reply: Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1