Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nemss1
'they chose.' whatever. point is the damn cobra and the LSX cars are a good run. cobra being a mod motor and supercharged, LS1 non-supercharged stock. and my f*cking bad on time specs on the cobra. i was a few tenths off. woopty f*cking doo
I've outran a few bolt on LS1s with a lightly bolt on Mach and a bolt on 99 Cobra. If you live close by Id be willing to show you first hand. No need for a supercharger to take care of the small fries... Read the sig and wipe away your tears.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I've outran a few bolt on LS1s with a lightly bolt on Mach and a bolt on 99 Cobra. If you live close by Id be willing to show you first hand. No need for a supercharger to take care of the small fries... Read the sig and wipe away your tears.
I've got a bolt on LS car you can try.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly, read what u just typed. BOLT-ON to BOLT-ON. your challenges mean **** to me. i know by the time my car is completely finished, ill have a bolt-on stock internal LS1 breaking into the 11s
Old 02-02-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

exactly, read what u just typed. BOLT-ON to BOLT-ON. challenges mean **** to me. i know by the time my car is completely finished, ill have a bolt-on stock internal LS1 breaking into the 11s
How much juice are you going to hit it with?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
How much juice are you going to hit it with?
no juice. with my weight reduction and suspension plans. should be in the high 2000s in weight when finished. also swapping out rearend gears, underdrives, headers and plan on about 200 more lbs coming off of the car
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no juice. with my weight reduction and suspension plans. should be in the high 2000s in weight when finished
Good luck man.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Good luck man.
thanx man
Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

there is a lot of ignorance in this thread.. mostly buy my fellow GM peoples, and a LITTLE by my fel,........ errrr i mean, by my enemy ford memebers..

i could quote about 50 things and say they are wrong... but one thing that does stand out is that ford did not HAVE TO supercharge anything to KEEP UP..
that was a decision they made when the GMs were no longer even being produced... they already won... they make more money and sell more cars... you think they made a 2000 mustang GT to beat a camaro or trans am, HELL NO! they made it to sell.. and thats what they did, yea **** tons of older people and girls bought a LOT of mustangs, but thats what they were pitched to.... and thats exactly what they did OUTSELL the fbodies..

if you guys are going to put down ford, namely mustangs, AT LEAST be a LITTLE up to par on your knowledge.. it just makes you look like an idiot with some of the statements in this thread..
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's dumb how you guys STILL say that Ford had to supercharge the Mustang to keep up. It's getting really old! 03/04 Cobra's are bad *** cars for sure. They look mean and they sound good. The only thing I don't like about them is the stiff *** clutch and the shifter position, but other than that I would trade my SS for one. I've been wanting one of those for the longest time. Maybe in the future I'll get one if I find the right one.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I think it's dumb how you guys STILL say that Ford had to supercharge the Mustang to keep up. It's getting really old! 03/04 Cobra's are bad *** cars for sure. They look mean and they sound good. The only thing I don't like about them is the stiff *** clutch and the shifter position, but other than that I would trade my SS for one. I've been wanting one of those for the longest time. Maybe in the future I'll get one if I find the right one.
i hate everytime you post up..
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
i hate everytime you post up..
Ask me if I care...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Ask me if I care...
do you care?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
do you care?
Yes!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I've had both. See sig... from my experience its hard to beat one of these Cobra's. Sure you can put a supercharger on a LS motor and make good power but to do it right it is very expensive. Your going to buy more than the basic kit to get it right. Not to mention after you get up around 600 rwhp you have build a new shortblock not the case with the Cobra. Not to mention after you get to that power level in the f-body how do you think that 7.5 10 bolt is going to like that? The Cobra is a better platform for big power IMO. Now this is not to say that the F-body doesn't have somethings going for it. My T/A definately hooked better than the Cobra. I also liked the way it sounded better. The shifter was in a better spot as well. They both got their pros and cons but after owning both I would take the Cobra all day everyday over the T/A. That's just my opinion but like they say different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
Huh? Which Camaro are you referring to, the 88?
I'm actually referring to the 88 with the get up and go comment. But as far as the "feeling like it'll break" one that is about the 01.

I don't get this huge argument between Mustangs and Camaros..for real. Camaros are far from being godly, as are Mustangs. Some of you may have 9 and 10 second cars in your area..but consider the rest of the United States. I have not seen a single daily driven car anywhere in my county that is capable of 9s or 10s. I'm sure 90% of populated areas don't have those kind of vehicles.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

exactly, read what u just typed. BOLT-ON to BOLT-ON. your challenges mean **** to me. i know by the time my car is completely finished, ill have a bolt-on stock internal LS1 breaking into the 11s
What the hell are you talking about? According to what you claim no Mustang should be able to hang with a LS1 unless it had boost going to it. I'm telling you that is not the case.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sonic blue
Imo the 03 is easy to mod from stock. W a few $ w/o opening the engine or s/c up to 440/460 whp unless u cheat and use the spray also on a stock engine w 93 oct. sonicblue on streetfire. My ls1 friend made 50 w that bike test btw. Slow stuff there.
This makes a lot of sense. You do realize you're writing for an audience, don't you?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonic blue
Imo the 03 is easy to mod from stock. With a little bit of money and without opening up the engine or supercharger you can make up to 440/460 whp unless you cheat and use the spray. You can also do that on a stock engine with 93 oct. sonicblue on streetfire does this (I'm guessing he has some videos on there). My friend with a LS1 made 50 w that bike test btw. Slow stuff there.
Ok I think I made it somewhat readable now. I still don't get what the hell a bike test is though.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

What the hell are you talking about? According to what you claim no Mustang should be able to hang with a LS1 unless it had boost going to it. I'm telling you that is not the case.
i never stated NO mustang anything. that would be ignorant. any car can hang with anycar with the right mods. come on now
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i never stated NO mustang anything. that would be ignorant. any car can hang with anycar with the right mods. come on now
My mistake LethalZ claimed that. You claimed this...

he must be referring to the 88 no way a MACH 1 had more get up and go unless he's modded it. MACH 1's are like high 13 sec cars
I ran 13.2 the first and only time ever on the track with a Mach 1 on street tires. So how is that a high 13 second car? Sounds to me like its right there with the better LS1 times. LS1 F-bodies at the track average mid 13's.

Quick Reply: Test drove a Terminator DEFINTELLY keeping my LS1