Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

1998 Trans Am vs. RSX Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... so swap an LS1 into a 3rd gen and maybe run 12s. Different strokes for different folks man, no need to bash people because they go a different route than you.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

12's? who keeps there LS-1's stock anymore
Old 02-07-2009, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

You will **** all over him with ease.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bring a passenger with a camera
Record Race
Post on Ls1Tech
???
Profit~!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Doesn't matter. It would still be an engine swap of t3h ub3r g0d LS1, and not running 11s. You said it, not me.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

You said Honda guys have engine swaps and said they aren't in the 11's....who keeps those stock if they swap them anyway?
Same could be said for the LSx 3rd gen.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Teching In

excuse the language but ull **** on that guy lolmy lt1 camaro walked all over one
Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

what were we talking about again!? i read the whole thread and forgot the topic. . .
Old 02-11-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You said Honda guys have engine swaps and said they aren't in the 11's....who keeps those stock if they swap them anyway?
Same could be said for the LSx 3rd gen.
I dont need to swap out my ls-1 to run 11's if I ever do an engine swap it will be to make my car run single digits.......my 02 z28 is a weekend car
and my bone stock third gen is a daily driver

Last edited by GMmexican; 02-11-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Doesn't matter. It would still be an engine swap of t3h ub3r g0d LS1, and not running 11s. You said it, not me.
you dont have to in a 3rd/4thgen...plenty of 4gen f-bodys keep there ls-1 motors and run elevens and there are alot of lt-1's and TPI's running 11's or faster its been happening long before the import craze took over american kids .......no TYPE-R,JDM ,X-SPEC,SPOON,DSM,70PSIm,Paul Walker mod, Pikachu stage 7 lighting blast, swap needed
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM
***Repost Police***

And there are plenty of guys in CRXs and Civic hatchbacks running 11s and 12s with their stock motors too. Doesn't change the fact that you are backtracking now because you said something stupid. These people that swap in some uber-special motor and run 13s didn't "have" to do it to run that fast. They did so because they chose to. Just like if I did swap a stock LS1 into a 3rd gen (or a stock 351W into a foxbody) and ran 12s or 13s. There's always a cheaper way to do something.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ been around the block a few times, and i'll be the first to say i'm not an import expert, but i've never seen a CRX run 11's on a stock motor.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beatmeofficer
^^^ been around the block a few times, and i'll be the first to say i'm not an import expert, but i've never seen a CRX run 11's on a stock motor.
Buddy of mine is close. Kinda stock motor....stock d motor, just has been replaced like 5 times. Big *** turbo, and I think 12 psi. Ran a best so far of 12.1 at 112, fastest trap was 115.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
***Repost Police***

But that still isn't even the point. GMmexican was trying to be a smartass talking trash about Honda owners who do engine swaps and "can't even get 11s," when there are PLENTY of people out there with RWD/V8/domestics that do the same thing. Many of whom are on this site.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can think of a **** ton of 2v non pi head mustangs that can't crack 12's.....

This **** is pointless. I just say..build what you want too. IDC, as long as I get to race other people, and a variety of cars.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But that still isn't even the point. GMmexican was trying to be a smartass talking trash about Honda owners who do engine swaps and "can't even get 11s," when there are PLENTY of people out there with RWD/V8/domestics that do the same thing. Many of whom are on this site.
ok let me rephrase this, when domestic guys especially guys on this website do motor swaps(408,LSX,427) its because they want to run very ****** fast (10's or faster), other wise whats the point of swapping a motor. when import guys do this most of the time its only to turn a 18sec car into a 12 second car. Go big or go home, your an import fan boy just like 25psi that jumps into every thread to start a flame war, how many engine swaps have you physically done and how many times have you been to the track to see results first hand?

you can bench race and throw magazine numbers around all you want but until you do it for reals in person it doesnt mean ****, yes i know there are alot of fast imports out there i give credit where credit is due but it takes more work to make an import fast than an ls-1
Old 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
***Repost Police***

ok let me rephrase this, when domestic guys especially guys on this website do motor swaps(408,LSX,427) its because they want to run very ****** fast (10's or faster), other wise whats the point of swapping a motor. when import guys do this most of the time its only to turn a 18sec car into a 12 second car. Go big or go home, your an import fan boy just like 25psi that jumps into every thread to start a flame war, how many engine swaps have you physically done and how many times have you been to the track to see results first hand?

you can bench race and throw magazine numbers around all you want but until you do it for reals in person it doesnt mean ****, yes i know there are alot of fast imports out there i give credit where credit is due but it takes more work to make an import fast than an ls-1
I'm in no way shape or form an "import fan boy." If you paid attention to most of the stuff I said you would realize that. And I am very aware of the potential of LSx motors, and that it take more work to make many platforms faster than an LSx platform. But that doesn't mean that people with engine swaps that only run 12s, or anybody that isn't modding an LSx car are just wasting their time. Which is the way you made it sound. And for the record, what's wrong with turning an 18s car into a 12s car?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm..ls1s run 11s without engine swaps but of course not stock. Heads,cam ,headers and bolt ons ,usually deep into the 10s on spray with like 150 shot and the above mods.

Not seeing very many NA hondas at local track running 11s fact don't think seen any with just a honda motor swap. Seen a few hondas running 11s with big turbos on various engine combos.and a supercharged de sol running mid 12s not sure if its an engine swap.

So not sure what the point of all this is. Most hondas except for a very few models are slow..pathetically slow stock. I have beat many with my 08 montana minvan stock which is pretty slow. So its a given to make most hondas decently fast takes a turbo usually, lots of spray and most normal mods on the honda engines don't do a whole lot..intake,head,cam. not compared to normal NA mods on an ls1 which can do over 500 engine hp pretty easily with normal NA mods..heads/cam/headers/bolt ons. And if you go wild even hit mid 500 to 600 range. Talking standard displacement 346 .Course more displacement lsx can go way higher.
But of course the hondas have a big advantage in weight. Most are very light. So it requires less power to start to go pretty quick. Generally of course the powerband is pretty awful with no much torque and not really that much power until high rpm. Leaving a pretty crappy street power band but one that is not too bad for racing.

But to repeat rather have a slow f body than a fast honda anyday. Just don't think they are that impressive. Now if honda started to put out some factory turbo single or twin cars that looked like the nsx and maybe an awd option as well then would be more interested in them.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Hmm..ls1s run 11s without engine swaps but of course not stock. Heads,cam ,headers and bolt ons ,usually deep into the 10s on spray with like 150 shot and the above mods.

Not seeing very many NA hondas at local track running 11s fact don't think seen any with just a honda motor swap. Seen a few hondas running 11s with big turbos on various engine combos.and a supercharged de sol running mid 12s not sure if its an engine swap.

So not sure what the point of all this is. Most hondas except for a very few models are slow..pathetically slow stock. I have beat many with my 08 montana minvan stock which is pretty slow. So its a given to make most hondas decently fast takes a turbo usually, lots of spray and most normal mods on the honda engines don't do a whole lot..intake,head,cam. not compared to normal NA mods on an ls1 which can do over 500 engine hp pretty easily with normal NA mods..heads/cam/headers/bolt ons. And if you go wild even hit mid 500 to 600 range. Talking standard displacement 346 .Course more displacement lsx can go way higher.
But of course the hondas have a big advantage in weight. Most are very light. So it requires less power to start to go pretty quick. Generally of course the powerband is pretty awful with no much torque and not really that much power until high rpm. Leaving a pretty crappy street power band but one that is not too bad for racing.

But to repeat rather have a slow f body than a fast honda anyday. Just don't think they are that impressive. Now if honda started to put out some factory turbo single or twin cars that looked like the nsx and maybe an awd option as well then would be more interested in them.
Most cars in general are slow. The average Honda isn't any slower than the average Ford/GM. And I wasn't talking about an original LS1-powered F-body needing an engine swap. I'm talking about the tons of people that spend money swapping stock LS1s into 3rd gens, or into V6 4th gens, or S10s. Or the guys that swap near-stock 351s into Foxbodies. Who cares if you do an engine swap and only run 12s?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

This thread has gotten painfully retarded...

Quick Reply: 1998 Trans Am vs. RSX Type-S