Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

marauder vs z28 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
B) http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...slip-4687.html 2 sec search. mid 14s with CAI, Chokemasters. Same mods as a high 14 impala I posted. Your proof is where?
Don't forget the 4.10 gears or the tune. Stryker74 had nearly the same mods, and ran similar times. It seems that gears and tune helps them... with the lack of low end torque, like I stated that they have a problem with. Again, stock, Marauders are AT BEST low 15s. You simply cannot find ANY proof to show otherwise. Do I need to define 'stock' for you?
Old 06-04-2009 | 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Don't forget the 4.10 gears or the tune. Stryker74 had nearly the same mods, and ran similar times. It seems that gears and tune helps them... with the lack of low end torque, like I stated that they have a problem with. Again, stock, Marauders are AT BEST low 15s. You simply cannot find ANY proof to show otherwise. Do I need to define 'stock' for you?
EDIted...nevermind...dont' even respond. I'm done with your I'm smarter than everyone and FOrd's suck mentality. It's childish and pathetic.

Last edited by ponygt65; 06-04-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2009 | 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Strider74
When my Marauder was stock my best time (and only) run time was 15.45. The main reason I did the mods was that it had a terrible delay between shifts and when you'd hammer it you could count to 2 (not 2 mississippi, just 1,2) before it would launch. I did all the mods at once so I don't know how much each piece did but gears and the new program was the bulk of it.

Mind you my best time was 14.3 and my average was about 14.6, when I was bracket racing I would dial in at 14.7 and did very well.

I liked the car but its build quality was something terrible. I could not roll up all four windows at once (not enough juice), interior stuff broke all the time and eventually the rear end exploded, the driveshaft fell off and polevaulted the rear end. (yes I know I drove the car hard, but she was very well maintained) This is after 34,000 miles and a grand total of 9 1/4 mile passes. (not a Ford hater, just my experience)

At that point I just gave up and bought a Charger SRT8 and later my SS.
SRT8 is definitely an upgrade...there's no denying that.

I hear you on the issues. I have yet to hear of a single manufactured vehicle that doesn't have problems somewhere down the line. All windows at once problem seems to be with every PW vehicle I'ved owned, so I know what you mean there.
Old 06-04-2009 | 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
EDIted...nevermind...dont' even respond. I'm done with your I'm smarter than everyone and FOrd's suck mentality. It's childish and pathetic.
Good, now that I'm childish and pathetic, maybe I'll hit this home a little harder for you:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...page=25&page=7

Mid 14s, stock
Old 06-04-2009 | 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Good, now that I'm childish and pathetic, maybe I'll hit this home a little harder for you:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...page=25&page=7

Mid 14s, stock
@ your poor attempt to show proof...great job on posting PAGE SEVEN.....PAGE six NOR seven has mod's, track, or DA listed.....HOLY CRAP..you're dumber than I imagined. ROFL....that's almost as bad as 'we lined them up at the dealership and it proved what magazine's have reported'.
But hey, at least it's a link right?

ANd that kids, is why you shouldnt' smoke crack.

Quick Reply: marauder vs z28 ?