Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default marauder vs z28 ?

ok so i got 2 questions

1. how fast will my friends bone stock 03 mercury marauder run in the 1/4

2. can that same marauder ^^^ beat my z28 mods in sig
Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think a Marauder will touch your Z/28...a Marauder is just a Crown Vicky made to look cool...same engine as the mustang right?? just heavier..

Merc (stock) 4195lbs. with a 281 4.6 Liter V8 302hp 318 tq

Z/28 (stock) 3433lbs. 5.7 Liter 285hp and 335tq

So got more torques and you are 762lbs. lighter (before driver)....also you have DR's....so you can hook up better....

Last edited by Bryan921SS; 06-03-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
I don't think a Marauder will touch your Z/28...a Marauder is just a Crown Vicky made to look cool...same engine as the mustang right?? just heavier..

Merc (stock) 4195lbs. with a 281 4.6 Liter V8 302hp 318 tq

Z/28 (stock) 3433lbs. 5.7 Liter 285hp and 335tq

So got more torques and you are 762lbs. lighter (before driver)....also you have DR's....so you can hook up better....
The marauder has the same motor as the mach1's. So 302 maybe the advertised power realistically they are closer to 320-325hp. But even if he has more power it still won't overcome the 760lbs advantage you have.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

I remember reading an old issue of GM high tech and they smoked one in a 3rd gen 305 Formula. Race him for money.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Launching!

yea u shouldnt have a problem him
Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

at the haters and ignorance.

+1 on what Mark said.

Watch out for the eaton mauraders. They'll hand you your *** on a silver platter.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65

+1 on what Mark said.

Watch out for the eaton mauraders. They'll hand you your *** on a silver platter.
Werd. I remember one dude on modularfords had a build motor and a power adder and put down 660rwhp. That som bisch would be quite a sleeper.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Werd. I remember one dude on modularfords had a build motor and a power adder and put down 660rwhp. That som bisch would be quite a sleeper.
They are...there are quite a few geared/eatoned STock long block Marauders in the high 11s/low 12s.

They are a nasty lil sleeper.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haters and ignorance?

Stock Marauders are pig slow turds that can and do get run down by 260HP Caprices and Impala SSs from 8 years earlier.

Marauders, even with the looser converter and better gearing are gutless, they take FOREVER to run through first gear. Low end torque is non-existant, which is important in a car like that.

They received lots of customer complaints of lack of power down low, and sales suffered. I worked for Lincoln/Mercury dealer a couple years ago. Everyone, from the techs, to the sales staff, to the customer were terribly disappointed. The FWD Continentals were faster Ford should have gone with the Eaton option they were working on.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Haters and ignorance?

Stock Marauders are pig slow turds that can and do get run down by 260HP Caprices and Impala SSs from 8 years earlier.

Marauders, even with the looser converter and better gearing are gutless, they take FOREVER to run through first gear. Low end torque is non-existant, which is important in a car like that.

They received lots of customer complaints of lack of power down low, and sales suffered. I worked for Lincoln/Mercury dealer a couple years ago. Everyone, from the techs, to the sales staff, to the customer were terribly disappointed. The FWD Continentals were faster Ford should have gone with the Eaton option they were working on.
Yes..haters and ignorance.....I say ignorance because you can't open a thread in here without someone mentioning Ls's being under rated. But plenty of people assume no other brand does that. Haters because, eventhough a stock marauder has no chance against a full optioned/weight Auto 2.xx geared LS, they are vastly under estimated.

lightly modded bone stock LT1 IMpala's running mid/upper 14s...hmm, doesn't seem faster than mid 14 marauders.

And your "I used to do this and Fords suck" posts are getting old and played out. Time for some more material. I've heard the EXACT same thing from Chevy Tech's. When you work in a position that does nothing but FIX PROBLEMS, of course your gonna see problems.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

And your "I used to do this and Fords suck" posts are getting old and played out. Time for some more material. I've heard the EXACT same thing from Chevy Tech's. When you work in a position that does nothing but FIX PROBLEMS, of course your gonna see problems.
The only thing old around here is the Ford guys like you defending the blue oval in every post that's made.

Mid 14 Maruaders They run at best low 15s in the low-mid 90s. We lined up an 02 Continental with a new 03 Marauder at the dealer. Guess who won that one?

The shop I work at has nearly 100 bays in 2 buildings. Yes, you read that right, near triple digits. I see ALL makes and models. I stick by my opinion on the Fords.

Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 06-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

The only thing old around here is the Ford guys like you defending the blue oval in every post that's made.

Mid 14 Maruaders They run at best low 15s in the low-mid 90s. We lined up an 02 Continental with a new 03 Marauder at the dealer. Guess who won that one?

The shop I work at has nearly 100 bays in 2 buildings. Yes, you read that right, near triple digits. I see ALL makes and models. I stick by my opinion on the Fords.
Here..I'll keep it simple for ya.

A) I don't defend them. Maybe if you paid attention without a BIAST mind, you'd see that. Plenty of members say that about me.

B) http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...slip-4687.html 2 sec search. mid 14s with CAI, Chokemasters. Same mods as a high 14 impala I posted. Your proof is where?

C) Since WHEN does a 'line up' at a dealer have anything to do with the track? Two links now...and all you got is a 'line up at a dealership'.

D)...wow....wanna cookie? WTF does the amount of bay doors have anything to do with this topic? AGAIN...that same old retort is getting OLD.

Do YOU GET IT NOW?...or do I need to sign it to you.

ANd for your enjoyment..........http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...lip-17410.html
Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where do you think I got the low 15s from? How about the trap speeds? Magazines all confirm what I've seen firsthand at local tracks, which are fast, and from driving these things all the time. Congratulations on finding 2 cars that hit 14s with mods.

What is BIAST?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

My last car was a Mercury Marauder that I used to take to the track in Rock Falls WI. My best ever time was 14.3. (still have the slip)

I had modified my car to match the original concept car, this is including 4.10 gears, reprogramed ecu, cooler plugs & thermostat and I removed the exhaust baffles from the tail pipes. (long story)

You should have no problem at all beating a stock Marauder.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like a 15 sec car to me.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showc...lip_101505.jpg

NO mods listed...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...page=50&page=4
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where do you think I got the low 15s from? How about the trap speeds? Magazines all confirm what I've seen firsthand at local tracks, which are fast, and from driving these things all the time. Congratulations on finding 2 cars that hit 14s with mods.

What is BIAST?
HOly crap...did you seriously just Ricer magazine me? WHere do I think... IDK...made it up since you haven't posted **** for proof....kinda like you normally do.

So....basically, you have no proof....I've posted THREE links now......that's THREE more than you've posted.

Anything else brainiac?

OH stfu..you know darn well what I meant. I hate English teachers on the net. I can just as easily find grammar BS posts by you. Hypocritical much?.
Originally Posted by Strider74
My last car was a Mercury Marauder that I used to take to the track in Rock Falls WI. My best ever time was 14.3. (still have the slip)

I had modified my car to match the original concept car, this is including 4.10 gears, reprogramed ecu, cooler plugs & thermostat and I removed the exhaust baffles from the tail pipes. (long story)

You should have no problem at all beating a stock Marauder.
Thank you.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Actually...

Here..I'll keep it simple for ya.

A) I don't defend them. Maybe if you paid attention without a BIAST mind, you'd see that. Plenty of members say that about me.

B) http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...slip-4687.html 2 sec search. mid 14s with CAI, Chokemasters. Same mods as a high 14 impala I posted. Your proof is where?

C) Since WHEN does a 'line up' at a dealer have anything to do with the track? Two links now...and all you got is a 'line up at a dealership'.

D)...wow....wanna cookie? WTF does the amount of bay doors have anything to do with this topic? AGAIN...that same old retort is getting OLD.

Do YOU GET IT NOW?...or do I need to sign it to you.

ANd for your enjoyment..........http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...lip-17410.html

I'm pretty new here but it seems to me that everytime I see one of your posts you are going to bat for the blue oval. Which is fine and dandy but don't be surprised at the responses you get and at the fact that some of us don't really care! Some of us actually DO come here to talk up our cars and down the competition (whether it's import or domestic). By this I am not implying "**** talking" is acceptable, what I am implying though is this; that we are all entitled to our opinions and if we needed/wanted to hear the blue oval banner swinger's "song of victory" we'd go somewhere else like, well you know. Seriously though, not wanting to start anything here but, I get a little tired of posts like that calling people (who have an opinion that the Ford will be beat in a given circumstance) "haters" or "ignorant". The name calling starts like it did above, and I believe sir, you might have thrown the first punch in this case (and others). I understand you are trying to keep it factual and kudos for that, but when you have a "driver's race" what harm is there in us wanting to believe in our own LS cars and hand the benefit of doubt accordingly? You just seem to get so butt hurt ( ) when these things come up. Again, you have more time in here than I and I mean no disrespect, just observations and opinions here
So yeah, I too think the Marauder (aka More"odder") would eat dust!

Last edited by oddwraith; 06-04-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: speeeling and clarification
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

HOly crap...did you seriously just Ricer magazine me? WHere do I think... IDK...made it up since you haven't posted **** for proof....kinda like you normally do.

So....basically, you have no proof....I've posted THREE links now......that's THREE more than you've posted.

Anything else brainiac?

OH stfu..you know darn well what I meant. I hate English teachers on the net. I can just as easily find grammar BS posts by you. Hypocritical much?.

Thank you.
With your attitude and posts like this, you're a real asset to this site.

Dragtimes links are less credible than mag times, or what I've witnessed for that matter. Again, I drive these cars almost weekly.

14.3 with gears and a couple small mods is respectable, and certainly not too far from the norm. That's what the Mark 8s did. They're horribly undergeared due to the torque issue. I wonder what he ran stock

Please find some blatant errors on my part! Not simple typos, but stuff as retarded as BIAST...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

When my Marauder was stock my best time (and only) run time was 15.45. The main reason I did the mods was that it had a terrible delay between shifts and when you'd hammer it you could count to 2 (not 2 mississippi, just 1,2) before it would launch. I did all the mods at once so I don't know how much each piece did but gears and the new program was the bulk of it.

Mind you my best time was 14.3 and my average was about 14.6, when I was bracket racing I would dial in at 14.7 and did very well.

I liked the car but its build quality was something terrible. I could not roll up all four windows at once (not enough juice), interior stuff broke all the time and eventually the rear end exploded, the driveshaft fell off and polevaulted the rear end. (yes I know I drove the car hard, but she was very well maintained) This is after 34,000 miles and a grand total of 9 1/4 mile passes. (not a Ford hater, just my experience)

At that point I just gave up and bought a Charger SRT8 and later my SS.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ull smoke him.

Quick Reply: marauder vs z28 ?