Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Who here has Killed a Terminator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who here has Killed a Terminator?

Details, Details, Details....and WTF is so special about them?!! Man I hate Stangs....with a Passion!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Regular

Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
WTF OVER!!!...Okay...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

i killed one on the highway from 70 to 130 in mexico. by about a car and half. he had a small pulley of some sort and catback exhaust and i have headers and slp lid and a few other small things.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 AM
***Repost Police***

I see this thread going nowhere, very fast.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Launching!

Call John Connor...he's killed a bunch man.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Teching In

i raced one that i am assuming was bone stock a while back from about a 20mph roll. had him by about half a car at 135mph
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ODUB
i raced one that i am assuming was bone stock a while back from about a 20mph roll. had him by about half a car at 135mph
No way dude unless you have more mods then your letting on you should'nt even take a ls1 car from a roll.

FIXED

Last edited by carbonfiberbird; 06-04-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
No way dude unless you have more mods then your letting you should even take a ls1 car from a roll.
you're saying i SHOULD take an LS1 car from a roll? i don't really know if i should or not. don't have much experience with them. the only thing i know is the one terminator (i assume you're talking about 03-04 cobra's) i've ever raced, i had him by half a car at 135mph. we went back and forth everytime somebody shifted. he took the lead by maybe a bumper, then i would too, and depending on where you wanted to call the race, either one of us could have been declared the winner. we had to shut it down around 135 though because of traffic, and at that point, i was ahead. his front bumper was at the back of my front door, about half a car.

my car has no other mods than what i have listed. it is lighter than it was from the factory though. the stock curb weight is listed at 3285lbs. when i weighed it at autocross with 3/4 a tank of gas (maybe a little more), it weighed in at 3210lbs. i'm not sure if the curb weight is with or without gas. if it is without, then i'm a bit lighter than stock, so that makes a difference.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

you're saying i SHOULD take an LS1 car from a roll? i don't really know if i should or not. don't have much experience with them. the only thing i know is the one terminator (i assume you're talking about 03-04 cobra's) i've ever raced, i had him by half a car at 135mph. we went back and forth everytime somebody shifted. he took the lead by maybe a bumper, then i would too, and depending on where you wanted to call the race, either one of us could have been declared the winner. we had to shut it down around 135 though because of traffic, and at that point, i was ahead. his front bumper was at the back of my front door, about half a car.

my car has no other mods than what i have listed. it is lighter than it was from the factory though. the stock curb weight is listed at 3285lbs. when i weighed it at autocross with 3/4 a tank of gas (maybe a little more), it weighed in at 3210lbs. i'm not sure if the curb weight is with or without gas. if it is without, then i'm a bit lighter than stock, so that makes a difference.
That guys must not have been able to drive cuz it just doesnt make sense, if you races form a dig to 70-80 I'd say for sure you got it but somethings just not right
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
That guys must not have been able to drive cuz it just doesnt make sense, if you races form a dig to 70-80 I'd say for sure you got it but somethings just not right
you can try to make excuses for the mustang all night long, but the bottom line is, i beat him. the only other thing i can think of is weight. me and my gf were in the car, and he had his gf with him. i only weigh around 185lbs, and my gf weighs in right at 100. he looked like he was at least 230lbs, and his gf was around 165-175lbs. i guess it pays to be in shape haha
Old 06-04-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

you can try to make excuses for the mustang all night long, but the bottom line is, i beat him. the only other thing i can think of is weight. me and my gf were in the car, and he had his gf with him. i only weigh around 185lbs, and my gf weighs in right at 100. he looked like he was at least 230lbs, and his gf was around 165-175lbs. i guess it pays to be in shape haha
The more and more I look at this I guess it MIGHT be possible if he sucks *** at driving and now that you just told me the wieght calculations.

PS dont think I just hate EVOs cuz I really dont, your stories are just alittle crazy
Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Could be that it wasnt a cobra at all. I see too many v6 and 2v stangs with cobra body panels and badges. Seriously kinda makes you go WTF when you see one. I see almost as many of them as you see Z28's with SS spoilers.

WTF is so special about them...hmmm. Forged bottom end, 4v heads and the big factory hair drier on top of it forcing air down its throat. Pretty damn cool in my book. I have a good army buddy that had a RedFire vert. With about 3 grand in it he was making an easy 500 wheel. My tuner here went with a better blower (kenne bell I think) stock bottom end and some spray and did 118 TS in the 8th mile with blown piston rings.

I used to hate stangs like the OP said he does, then one day I saw an 03 ish GT in really good condition and thought wow, thats a nice looking car. They are cheap and easy for someone to get into hot rodding.

anyway the 4v cars will bite ya if your not careful.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JJT
Details, Details, Details....and WTF is so special about them?!! Man I hate Stangs....with a Passion!

I've beat quite a few Terminators... and I agree, what is so special about them? Little supercharged 281s, come on! Lame... they're all slow

BTW, have you beat any???
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned

I have killed quite a few of em. The last couple I have raced were a KB 2.2 03 cobra and a whipple 2.4 04 cobra. The KB was much faster than the Whipple, I put buslenghts on the whipple lol.

But those were before the built motor or bigger turbo.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

haha -Aaronk- i like your sig man! i raced one along time ago when i was stock... i got my crap sent packing, and bad. wouldnt mind racing one now though!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
I have killed quite a few of em. The last couple I have raced were a KB 2.2 03 cobra and a whipple 2.4 04 cobra. The KB was much faster than the Whipple, I put buslenghts on the whipple lol.

But those were before the built motor or bigger turbo.
There is no Whipple 2.4. It's a 2.3 or a 3.4.

What's special about them? Nothing really, unless you like running 10.50's on drag radials with a stock engine with stock driveability.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

I don't even race those turds anymore. It is like kicking the **** out of third grade Jerry's kids in wheel chairs. Actually..................................the Terminator is just a fancy wheel chair for retards.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JJT
Talk about going full retard.......lets see- what's so special about them you ask? Well- for 2 grand in mods you can be easily 450-475 RWHP- can you do that with a F-Bod?- NO you can't. For another 3500 invested (KB or Whipple) you can be in the low to mid 6XX on a stock bottom end. Again- can you do that in a stock LS1? NO, YOU CAN'T. Can LSX stock bottom end handle over 8XX RWHP stock? NO once again!!

Does this help? Hate on Stangs all you want- that's a personal choice, but you can't take anything away from the Terminator. It runs in the 12's from the factory (properly driven) and can easily be put in the 11's with very little $.

Meh- stockish Evo's aren't really all that impressive. I killed a IX in my Mach from a slow roll to 110ish by 4 cars. Weaksauce!!

Last edited by Z28usmc; 06-04-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Who here has Killed a Terminator?