Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Whats this cocky ford guy got under the hood??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
beat a vortech supercharged 302 the other night at the track.. it was a "drag car"..

he was loading it up on the trailer..

i was switching tires for the drive back home..

was neck and neck though.. he ran a high 7.4 i ran a low 7.4..
I run 7.50's-7.60's in my bolt-on **** box but I too trailer it to the track. Even though it can make it to and from its just much more enjoyable just pulling it off the trailer and airing down the tires. When I'm done I load it up and go.

I too have outran some blown 302's. Boy do they get pissed. lol. Good times.

-Mark
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Yea his car is probably gonna be pretty fast man and your probably right he will be probably making 350 to the crank and even with that he'll probably still beat you because his cars lighter... and if you come to find out he has a stroker just don't bother especially if your cars stock....
Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

The only fast fords ive seen have had Chevy motors in them lol
Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

n/a 302 put down low 300's and had a 100 shot to throw on top of it and raced my buddys 02' TA with H/C/I and DR's. Mustang put around 5-6 cars on him. Had him from the honk! The best part was that the guy with the fox was so damn modest about the whole deal. He could have very well been putting a bigger hit than he did. No way of really knowing. I always second guess what those damn fox body's have got under the hood.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by transaman98
n/a 302 put down low 300's and had a 100 shot to throw on top of it and raced my buddys 02' TA with H/C/I and DR's. Mustang put around 5-6 cars on him. Had him from the honk! The best part was that the guy with the fox was so damn modest about the whole deal. He could have very well been putting a bigger hit than he did. No way of really knowing. I always second guess what those damn fox body's have got under the hood.
True. I got waxed by a 302 (although in a 94 body) one time that I would have bet the house I would have beat. Never under estimate your opponent. Lesson learned.

-Mark
Old 07-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
This thread's funnay.

OP - you sound like the cocky one. Granted none of us know how arrogant that fox owner was, so we can't gauge on that, but you seem pretty up there too. That's MO anyways.

When it comes to foxes, you never know. That's the point. Don't ASSume anything.

no im not cocky i'm well aware of who my car can and cant beat, i just dont like the fact that the guy is acting like we got money on the race. tell me what ur running i aint gonna tell the whole world ur secret, then who ever wins can brag they got the better car. now if its a money race i understand but its just for bragging rights, and honestly mod for mod i wanna know how my car fairs against his. oh well ima find out soon enough. and i'llpost a vid for sure
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CoulsonSS
no im not cocky i'm well aware of who my car can and cant beat, i just dont like the fact that the guy is acting like we got money on the race. tell me what ur running i aint gonna tell the whole world ur secret, then who ever wins can brag they got the better car. now if its a money race i understand but its just for bragging rights, and honestly mod for mod i wanna know how my car fairs against his. oh well ima find out soon enough. and i'llpost a vid for sure
This is the section I was mostly talking about. I can understand though, it's annoying to deal with an arrogant guy like that. It's possible he doesn't know squat about how to properly set up that 5.0, but maybe he does?

Either way, Good luck and have fun. Just stay modest if you win.

Originally Posted by CoulsonSS
So some guys from texas cam to cali for work, one of em has a 93 cobra the other an 04 mach 1, so i got to talking to the cobra guy and he said hes getting some work done and his ***** gonna smoke me, basiclly said forged internalls upgrading valvetrain blah blah blah dont care about stuff that adds no HP, whats importan to me is he said hes staying NA so no turbo or supercharger, now i assume hes gonna get a cam and some nice heads, but even with those hes only got 235 crank HP so maybe 180-200 RWHP?? so with the heads and cam maybe getting him to 350 if he get a BIG cam and som NICE heads. he said hes shooting for 400 i said no way your dreaming without FI or NOS, then it hits me, why would dump a ton of money on forged internals if you not spayin or charging, so i realized his forged internalls is also a stroker kit maybe from a 302 to 350 not sure how they're stroker kits go. he also said we can pop hoods and look around, well as we all know a stroker kit can't be seen so what you guys think?? more to the mods than hes letting on he seems pretty confident for a 93 cobra i am an 02 SS M6 stock

Quick Reply: Whats this cocky ford guy got under the hood??