Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
out of the hole.. most people cant launch their bikes.. you will jump a 600 out of the hole with an average rider and they will make up some ground from 30-85mph.. after 100+ you will start to pull again..

if they want to go from a roll then go from a 50-60mph roll.. higher the better.

he should take a 600.. i dont know exactly what he is making but judging by his mods he should walk away from a 600 pretty steadily with a 75 shot..

without the shot, depends on the rider really.. should still be able to take it.. but it will be close.. just race til 120-130...

600s are blazing fast.. fast? hell yea, but nothing 500-600rwhp cant take care of.. or a lite car with less ...
Ahh, I was assuming the shot was something that wasn't concrete. If it is, I would totally put money on the car walking the bike yes.

OP, do you have dyno numbers? Just wondering, not really going to have a bearing on much.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dont do it.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Gaunt- Im in Iraq and my car is being tuned by mc racing in kansas city. 525rwhp@ 8psi I still might add some more stuff its cutting into my c6z budget!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
Gaunt- Im in Iraq and my car is being tuned by mc racing in kansas city. 525rwhp@ 8psi I still might add some more stuff its cutting into my c6z budget!
You will beat a 600 without the spray then..
Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Thats what I wanted to hear!! The R1 was def out of my league!! I told him today I will just pay up and shook his hand! No reason to even beat up my car for that! Lesson learned dont open my mouth unless i know what Im talking about! Now I want to beat a bike!! Should I roll him or on a dig??
Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats what I wanted to hear!! The R1 was def out of my league!! I told him today I will just pay up and shook his hand! No reason to even beat up my car for that! Lesson learned dont open my mouth unless i know what Im talking about! Now I want to beat a bike!! Should I roll him or on a dig??
depends on how good you can hook.. if you can hook good on the street (granted you can launch your car worth a ****) go from a dig..
if either one of those cant happen.. go from a roll.. something like a 50mph, or as close as you can get to that and still be in your sweet spot.. i would not recommend going under that.. but honestly from any mph roll you should take a 600..
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO let me get this right.

You have a ~500hp car... and are trying to say that you set up $1000 races? Its really hard not to call BS on this one.

30mph isn't really an R1's sweet spot... he will hand you your *** none the less... but i had an 04 R1 before i got my busa and 30mph wasn't even in the powerband yet. Just to give you an idea, my 04 R1 was basicly stock, and i didn't have to shift into 2nd untill 110mph.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Teching In

I wont be home until oct and hopefully we still have some warm days left so that I can hook. Im in an a4 w/ 555r's so traction shouldnt be a big problem hopefully. I was hooking pretty well on my H/C setup. Unless the blower just smokes the hell out of the tires when it comes into boost! Thanks for the info man and BTW your car looks bad ***!!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wont be home until oct and hopefully we still have some warm days left so that I can hook. Im in an a4 w/ 555r's so traction shouldnt be a big problem hopefully. I was hooking pretty well on my H/C setup. Unless the blower just smokes the hell out of the tires when it comes into boost! Thanks for the info man and BTW your car looks bad ***!!
sounds good... no problem and thanks!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

SO let me get this right.

You have a ~500hp car... and are trying to say that you set up $1000 races? Its really hard not to call BS on this one.

30mph isn't really an R1's sweet spot... he will hand you your *** none the less... but i had an 04 R1 before i got my busa and 30mph wasn't even in the powerband yet. Just to give you an idea, my 04 R1 was basicly stock, and i didn't have to shift into 2nd untill 110mph.

What ever man im not going to sit and argue on your BS call!! The race is over and now im looking to see if i can outrun some 600's in his club. Bottom line everyone told me I lost....read the thread!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I think you're going to have your hands full with a new 600 too.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Teching In

UNIT213-first of all thats the one and only mustang i would ever own. At 620rwhp do you still have your hands full 600's?? do you think i can break 10's with my combo or do i need a 12 bolt,suspension, and tires?? I dont know how far i wanna take this build becuz the wife gave me the GO on the z06.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

UNIT213-first of all thats the one and only mustang i would ever own. At 620rwhp do you still have your hands full 600's?? do you think i can break 10's with my combo or do i need a 12 bolt,suspension, and tires?? I dont know how far i wanna take this build becuz the wife gave me the GO on the z06.
Units car would not have a problem with a 600... granted traction.

anything bigger than that and ridden properly should walk away.. a liter bike wouldnt be a pretty race..
here is a race with him and a 750.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...a-vs-gsxr.html

if you are making that kind of power you should be able to hit 10s.. if you cant hook add suspension until you can.. LCAs, shocks, air bags, tq arm, PHB, etc etc etc..
Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Yeah those Kenny Bell terminators are pretty sick!! Honestly Ive looked at suspension and there seems to be two types of packages....drag and autocross. I really don't know which direction I want to go because I still want to handle "decently" in the twisties but I want to be able to pull low 1 sec 60's! Maybe when I get the vette Ill just make this my full out drag car.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah those Kenny Bell terminators are pretty sick!! Honestly Ive looked at suspension and there seems to be two types of packages....drag and autocross. I really don't know which direction I want to go because I still want to handle "decently" in the twisties but I want to be able to pull low 1 sec 60's! Maybe when I get the vette Ill just make this my full out drag car.
Just grab a set of Koni yellows/Strano springs and a spare set of wheels to mount some Mickey Thompsons.

Best of both worlds.

Too bad I'm a cheap *** and can't do Konis quite yet
Old 08-23-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

If you don't have an aftermarket rear, suspension, and tires you have no buisness racing bikes..... even newer 600's........ there are newer 600's with a few mods that run really really srtong....

Soon you will realize that you can't have power and hook, even with ghey roll racing you need tires and and suspension.........

A lot of bike guys will look for roll race people and race them from a dig because they know they can't hook or will see you have no suspension work and will know they could take you out of the hole.... it seems rather obvious that you don't know much about bikes and sadly I continue to see you loose more money....

I know a street driven Viper that would race you for a grand....... or even 20k if you want here in town.......... just has a ROWE blower and some other odds and ends

You can't husle if people see you have regular tires, no suspension and a factory rear......... I only had one person ever want to race me because the car spoke for itself just by looking at it.... even with the slower LS guys around you would be towards the bottom of the food chain and Im talking the regularly driven cars....

You can't have low 1 sec 60's on a 10 bolt and can't have them with an auto cross suspesnion, you either handle great in the corners or you don't and you go fast straight.... this is racing 101...

You must be a newb to all this and must be an officer because even when my father was deployed at E-7 pay and with my mom making pretty good money he could not afford to have a C6Z AND another fun car............. Even most officers would be hard pressed for the kind of budget unless they are a senior O and living on base........... not to mention being able to drop 1,000 on a race like its nothing....... sorry guys but this stuff does not add up........... I knew a guy that was infantry and was depoyed for a year and was single with no house payment and he had enough money saved to build a Nova and it was by no means a 70-80k car....... this guy is wanting to get a C6Z on top of being married and having another car that he is dumping money into?????? Come on... the $$$ does not add up to me but all well...

Having your real name in your real name and were you are stationed while talking about illegal racing is not very smart...

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 08-23-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Teching In

well good thing i dont live in indy!! I would race a stock viper money.....as long as its a 94! i already said i didnt know **** about bikes and $1,000 isnt hurting my funds! It was a friendly bet that i obviously put my foot in my mouth over. Its really nothing anyways a focus wants to race for a grand as well! so u lose some and u win some either way lesson learned! Im looking into driveline and suspension cost right now. if I settle for an 06-07 c6z06. I can go ahead and make the move but I really want a brand new one. I will see how much buying a house and the vette leaves me with Thanx for the advise though!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

well good thing i dont live in indy!! I would race a stock viper money.....as long as its a 94! i already said i didnt know **** about bikes and $1,000 isnt hurting my funds! It was a friendly bet that i obviously put my foot in my mouth over. Its really nothing anyways a focus wants to race for a grand as well! so u lose some and u win some either way lesson learned! Im looking into driveline and suspension cost right now. if I settle for an 06-07 c6z06. I can go ahead and make the move but I really want a brand new one. I will see how much buying a house and the vette leaves me with Thanx for the advise though!!!
Never said it was stock....

Now you are wanting to buy a house and a new Z............ stop screwing us around man........ either you are not in the millitary or all this is a big joke and you have no plans for a house and a Z.......

Now a Focus wants to run you for a grand???? riiigghhhttt.

Everyone knows races for more then $20 does not happen often.... $1,000 races are rather rare........people just don't throw around that kind of money.. now if you want to put some money down make the trip out here and I will get you a race with a Nova that has M/T sportsman tires on it.... just a BBC Nova with a carb and some nitrous..... but it has sportsman tires For a grand I could get you a line of street cars ready to race...

Drop the act man...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

600CC bikes CAN be beaten from a roll on street tires with a 10 bolt with BONE stock suspension less a sway bar...

ask me how i know..
Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Never said it was stock....

Now you are wanting to buy a house and a new Z............ stop screwing us around man........ either you are not in the millitary or all this is a big joke and you have no plans for a house and a Z.......

Now a Focus wants to run you for a grand???? riiigghhhttt.

Everyone knows races for more then $20 does not happen often.... $1,000 races are rather rare........people just don't throw around that kind of money.. now if you want to put some money down make the trip out here and I will get you a race with a Nova that has M/T sportsman tires on it.... just a BBC Nova with a carb and some nitrous..... but it has sportsman tires For a grand I could get you a line of street cars ready to race...

Drop the act man...
Im glad im not the only person that thinks this guy is full of ****.

500hp cars dont race for $1,000, lol.

This guy sounds like the kinda guy that gets made fun of in person a lot, so he comes on to message boards to BS around.

Quick Reply: Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??