Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIRST OF ALL YALL DONT KNOW ME NO ONE ASKED WHAT MY WIFE DOES SO YALL CAN KISS MY A*S!! Ask anyone in the military im a deployed e5 with no bills and no kids and my wife is a government contractor with me over here bankin tax free money!! Thanx lemon 12 for the confidence! I have nothing to prove to yall but keep a look out around feb-mar ill post pix of my z06 with my trans am. I cant get it now because i got orders to white sands and would have to ship my 85 and 99 ta plus the wifes 09 camry......
Old 08-24-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the PM he sent me and the one I sent back at the top....

Who said I had a 96Z? I used to have a 96Z a long time ago, I sold it for a 9 sec BBC Camaro that I sold... it was very much a street car......

I don't street race and only race on preped tracks and you don't have the tires for that so that settles that. I simple said that in most areas not to mention the racing capitol of the world you would not be able to hang with many people with your 10 bolt, street tires, and no suspension... it was me trying to help you out.

Yes most privates come home with a chunk of change... 20k is one thing..... 70-80k is another not to mention on top of a house.. keep in mind my father was over there for 6 months and at E-7 pay and a house payment he would not have enough for a Z not to mention a house payment on top of that even if he was living on base.

I went to school with a guy that was Infantry and was over there for at least a year (can't remember the exact) amount and he brought home like 50k... he was also single and did not have a single bill.

Here is another thing that will save you some money in the future..... just because someone says they have "these mods" means nothing... there are guys with hidden direct ports (under the intakes) and unless you started touching things you would never know it had it... They race and only race on one stage and then you say oh I can stopm him and you find out the hard way that he really was not spraying or has a second stage with a 300 shot jetted into it... There are bikes with nitrous under the seat and purge during the burning (same with the cars and you can't see the purge because it is under the car or bike and is hidden by the sound and exhaust...)

Just because you don't SEE a bottle or noids in a car does not mean they ar enot under the dash...

Looks only say so much.... that Nova does not look fast, just an all aluminum BBC that does not sound all that mean and has two stages....... on one stage alone it has run 8.6 in the quarter..... who knows what that second stage is jetted to.... my point it looking at it it looks like a 10 sec car.... nitrous maybe a 9.... runs a lot better then that though

The viper does not open his hood for people that want to race..... it looks stock untill you start it...

That nova is out about every Saturday cruising, so was my BBC car, there is a 6 second tube chassis car that you see cruising from time to time untill the cops tell him to put it away...

Look man, just because someone says they have or don't have mod's means nothing.... even if you can look the car over but not touch or use tools that means nothing..... so many thing can be hidden... cars can have stock heads on them (like 317's) and the person says of they are just stock heads... does not mean that they don't have a ton of money in them and flow more and make more power then most aftermarket heads.....

Get my point? You idea of just looking at something and thinking it will be a fair race will cost you a lot of money....

My last BBC heads LOOKED old and stock..... make a lot of power though...

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
Since you want to sit here and call b.s! Here is the deal. I will be back in Kansas around Oct. I have to "reintegrate into society" for a month. Im from DC and if my wife has to finish up her contract over here Im driving my car to DC. Guess what?? I drive thru Indy soooo....Im being straight up. What kind of car do "YOU" have?? I know cars, im not racing a rat motor in a nova on spray or a modded viper obviously if he has $$ to buy a viper he can afford to make it a 9 sec car...not going to happen! I will on the other hand race your 96z28!! IF you tell me the mods and I go look at it and I feel its a fair bet! I don't want your uncles buddies car that runs 9's! My Trans am is a street car....i can drive it to walmart if needed! You know what I have done...whats done to yours and how far are you from i70?? If you are legit, I have a couple of friends from Indy and Dayton OH that are willing to come out there and hold the money. Like I said I want your car, not a friends!! Hit me back if you are serious other wise please dont disrespect me on here. I asked a simple question because i didnt know bikes (i was ignorant) and the focus race is very real. Being deployed you have absolutely nothing to spend your money on for a year most privates come back with 20k in there bank account! Its the end of the deployment and he has the money...prolly the most he has ever had so a $1000 is like $100 to a 19 yr old!

jonathan
Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
FIRST OF ALL YALL DONT KNOW ME NO ONE ASKED WHAT MY WIFE DOES SO YALL CAN KISS MY A*S!! Ask anyone in the military im a deployed e5 with no bills and no kids and my wife is a government contractor with me over here bankin tax free money!! Thanx lemon 12 for the confidence! I have nothing to prove to yall but keep a look out around feb-mar ill post pix of my z06 with my trans am. I cant get it now because i got orders to white sands and would have to ship my 85 and 99 ta plus the wifes 09 camry......
I used to be a Contractor and know how much they make, I will give you that but I also know just about all of them are not really tax free... the ones that I know are she can't do because she has the wrong equipment from birth

I knew a guy that beat his chest like you.... said he was millitary and all... come to find out he was never in the millitary.... this was a local also... why did we start to suspect this??? Because people in the millitary tend to stay pretty quiet about it and are humble... it is obvious that you are not at is is convienient that you just got orders all the sudden and I have never heard of someone getting orders while deployed.... this is because they can extend your tour if need be so why give orders when you are still deployed....

Also it seems you are thrilled that your wife is a contractor..... the odds are huge that you two are on the same base and or even see each other much... I don't know a single person that has contracted outside the US and liked it... the money is nice but the hours and conditions suck and so does the red tape... not to mention the hazzards.... The odds would also be huge that she got a slot out there the same time you did....... they are also starting to send a lot of them home because IRAQ is slowing down....

Things don't add up man.

Most of those big paying ones pay like 100-200k, the smart person would save all the money and buy a house with cash... not a car... maybe you just don't have your priorities straight... but thats ok.

At E-5 it's your wifes money that would be paying for all the big toys.... thats ok but you make it out to be that it is you paying for all that....
I say this because at E-7 with no bills you would still be dreaming.

There is a chance that all this could be true but with family in the millitary and some that were in and being a former contractor myself things just don't add up.

There was one contract years ago that was 100k turning wrenches over there for a year.... come to find out after all the red tape it really was not 100k in pocket....

There are some in Japan paying $50 an hour free housing and food....... still get some of your money taxed on it because you are an american working for an american company......... over there it's the same way....

Anyone can get pictures of cars and say it is theirs.... post pictures of it with the title in your name and ID with everything blanked out but the name and that is a different story...

You could hold up a peice of paper with your screen name and for all we know it is someones else car....

Not trying to be a dick man but your adittude and things you are saying just don't add up.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

600's are very much beatable. I just beat an 09 from a 60 roll just the other weekend. I have no susp work, it's all bone stock from 99. Minus the trans and engine mounts, if that even counts?

Just like Lemons said, til about 100mph he was close, after 100 I started to steadily pull him. You shouldn't one bit of trouble out of a 600 from a 60 roll. From a dig you can definitely have your hands full.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
600CC bikes CAN be beaten from a roll on street tires with a 10 bolt with BONE stock suspension less a sway bar...

ask me how i know..
I know... I have done it..... In a bolt-on 96 Z haha.

Most don't drop enough gears though

Find someone that can ride and is on a newer one and it gets a little harder..

Beating a 600 though is like beating a girl in basketball. not something you brag about...
Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I know... I have done it..... In a bolt-on 96 Z haha.

Most don't drop enough gears though

Find someone that can ride and is on a newer one and it gets a little harder..

Beating a 600 though is like beating a girl in basketball. not something you brag about...
The ones I raced dropped plenty of gears... ask me how i know that...

I have raced from good friends to strangers to guys i ride with on a regular bases.. I *KNOW* some of them can race very well because i have raced them on my bike/s before..
Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

The ones I raced dropped plenty of gears... ask me how i know that...

I have raced from good friends to strangers to guys i ride with on a regular bases.. I *KNOW* some of them can race very well because i have raced them on my bike/s before..
Like I said, it can be done... but in the end it is still a 600 you are beating.... the girl bike of the bikes...... but then they make great autocross bikes...
Old 08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said, it can be done... but in the end it is still a 600 you are beating.... the girl bike of the bikes...... but then they make great autocross bikes...
i wouldnt call them a girl bike by any means.. does it pull the same as a liter bike? no.. hell i made 600s look silly on my 954 (although it wasnt stock).. but there arent too many things on the road that can pull on a bike..
Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

does it pull the same as a liter bike? no..
All I care about haha.

There are cars out there on the road that would pull a big bike and some that would give a built turbo busa a run for its money... granted the ones that could run with said busa are few and fare between...

Also depends on your definition of "car on the road". There is a tube chassis 55 Chevy that runs 6's that cruises from time to time haha.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

All I care about haha.

There are cars out there on the road that would pull a big bike and some that would give a built turbo busa a run for its money... granted the ones that could run with said busa are few and fare between...

Also depends on your definition of "car on the road". There is a tube chassis 55 Chevy that runs 6's that cruises from time to time haha.
Break it down even more and see what else you can try and nit-pic..

Lets get past the childish ****. Any FULL Weight street car that can pull on any newer model 600+cc bike IMO is a strong car.. There are PLENTY of drag cars that can do it, not many truly DD street cars.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

OP, you really have money to waste... You dont stand a chance against a R1, but honestly, I would never hand the cash before trying the 20links ****. This guy shouldnt even take the money because the race didnt happen, unless you talked **** about a decade 24/7 while doing his mom all this time.

I would go to the speed shop and get a tune for a 250 shot once or, call out all his 600 friends for a grand a get your money back plus double LOL!!

I've beat couple 600s N/A..recent ones. One 1000cc or 750 was holding me on wheelie (on the 150hit) and the one not doing wheelie got back to me after 120mph like I was standing still(their top end is ridiculous). All bad driver and always some excuses to lose with the 600s though . I say you win if your car really makes 525rwhp against 600s.

I think you need 800-900bhp to put on a good fight with liter bikes..
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

and 800-900+rwhp to be side by side with a full weight DD f body..
Old 08-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Teching In

OP, you really have money to waste... You dont stand a chance against a R1, but honestly, I would never hand the cash before trying the 20links ****. This guy shouldnt even take the money because the race didnt happen, unless you talked **** about a decade 24/7 while doing his mom all this time.

I would go to the speed shop and get a tune for a 250 shot once or, call out all his 600 friends for a grand a get your money back plus double LOL!!

I've beat couple 600s N/A..recent ones. One 1000cc or 750 was holding me on wheelie (on the 150hit) and the one not doing wheelie got back to me after 120mph like I was standing still(their top end is ridiculous). All bad driver and always some excuses to lose with the 600s though . I say you win if your car really makes 525rwhp against 600s.

I think you need 800-900bhp to put on a good fight with liter bikes..
Yesterday 10:06 PM

Well man I pretty much did talk **** 24/7 for the last couple of months. Thats all we do out here is talk about what we plan on doing when we get home. Im gonna race some of his 600 buddies but not for a grand. I try to be a man of my word and we said "the 1rst week we get back the race is on even if one car or bike wasnt ready". Believe me I thought long and hard about the race and for me to be within 20 links I would have to be doing 170+. Im not to sure about those speeds and no safety equipment. It would be stupid if I survive 2 deployments and come back and die in my car. Im comfortable under 150 after that it gets super scary! Not worth a G to me! Im thinking I should be able to pull some 600's in but only time will tell. Another thing that I didnt factor in was that I havent driven my car in its current state yet. Either way we will find out in Oct. To the other guys questioning my character what ever yall.....if you live close to Kansas you can come see my TA in 3D or if you wanna cruise or what ever. Also you know nothing about the military to say we are all humble. There is a broad spectrum of people ranging from guys from the inner city to country boys to guys with degree's. You cant make a judgement like that based on your "infantry" friend. Um yeah you can come down on orders anytime if your unit is not "fenced" in. Do your research before you speak on something.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Break it down even more and see what else you can try and nit-pic..

Lets get past the childish ****. Any FULL Weight street car that can pull on any newer model 600+cc bike IMO is a strong car.. There are PLENTY of drag cars that can do it, not many truly DD street cars.
I was just screwing around man, relax.

Everyone has there own opinion on what a street car is or a DD is though
Old 08-25-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was just screwing around man, relax.

Everyone has there own opinion on what a street car is or a DD is though
https://ls1tech.com/forums/12098166-post29.html
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Teching In

doesnt necessarily have to be a DD.. but has to be something you actually get out in and enjoy.. not just on the weekends or when you think you might line up with someone.. something you say "o ****, i forgot milk" and dont think twice to jump in "said car" and run to the store..

a DD is a car you drive everyday.. rain or shine, no matter what..
That was my biggest concern when building my car. There was a c5 z06 with 800hp at the speed shop the day I dropped my car off. He had well 150k invested with purchase of the car. The speed shop said he CANNOT enjoy the car anymore so he spent all this money into some thing that is built to do one thing head down the quarter mile in low 9's. He went out and booght a c6 z to drive. I still want to enjoy my car it has been a good car Ive been to everywhere from Dc to Boston to S.C to Kansas and between. Never had a problem out of it. Thanx for all the info yall!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

My last car had like 800hp on the bottle or more.... very much a street/race car... had the sterero though...... full factory interior, power everything, everything worked....... Besides it being REALLY loud and getting like 10mpg on 7 cylinders it did great on the highway and I had no problem taking it on the highway..... the only thing that would keep me from taking it on a trip to the next city over or something was the wheels and tires and the exhaust.... Change those and I would go for it

I almost bought some street mufflers for it......

For 150k you could BUY a really nice low 7 second high 6 second chassis car haha and with just 800hp he got robed BAD!!!!!!!

Yeah at one point a car gets to be less and less fun for some..... If you like being able to go on cross country trips and get great MPG then good luck past 500hp unless you have forced induction if you ask me........

I could care less... I like fast loud nasty race gas bruning BBC cars.... as long as it is not breaking at every stop light I could care less....... I enjoy getting out on a nice saturday night........... I no longer really like taking fast cars to work or anything..... to many idiots that put dings in your car, scratch it... ect... Id rather take it out every now and then and be able to keep an eye on it........ I like that....

Some like to cruise and all and that is great....... I just laughed when I got my last car out and not a single one of them would pull up next to me and the TT C6 that races A LOT wanted nothing to do with me even on the motor........ that was cool
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

My last car had like 800hp on the bottle or more.... very much a street/race car... had the sterero though...... full factory interior, power everything, everything worked....... Besides it being REALLY loud and getting like 10mpg on 7 cylinders it did great on the highway and I had no problem taking it on the highway..... the only thing that would keep me from taking it on a trip to the next city over or something was the wheels and tires and the exhaust.... Change those and I would go for it

I almost bought some street mufflers for it......

For 150k you could BUY a really nice low 7 second high 6 second chassis car haha and with just 800hp he got robed BAD!!!!!!!

Yeah at one point a car gets to be less and less fun for some..... If you like being able to go on cross country trips and get great MPG then good luck past 500hp unless you have forced induction if you ask me........

I could care less... I like fast loud nasty race gas bruning BBC cars.... as long as it is not breaking at every stop light I could care less....... I enjoy getting out on a nice saturday night........... I no longer really like taking fast cars to work or anything..... to many idiots that put dings in your car, scratch it... ect... Id rather take it out every now and then and be able to keep an eye on it........ I like that....

Some like to cruise and all and that is great....... I just laughed when I got my last car out and not a single one of them would pull up next to me and the TT C6 that races A LOT wanted nothing to do with me even on the motor........ that was cool
Sounds like you had a race car IMO...

And on nitrous you made "like" 800rwhp "or more".. So I'm going to assume "like" 550-600rwhp on motor "or more".. But a TT C6 didn't want any with you on the motor?
Old 08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you had a race car IMO...

And on nitrous you made "like" 800rwhp "or more".. So I'm going to assume "like" 550-600rwhp on motor "or more".. But a TT C6 didn't want any with you on the motor?
Lets just say the car was well known for beating the crap out of other cars.... on 7 cylinders I ran a LS1 GTO that was stock.... friend of mine and we were screwing around.... He was in first, I was in second......... we hit it and in about 2 seconds I shut it down and could not see him in my rear view and he said I instantly put like 8-10 cars on him and was still pulling......... 7 cylinders..... no bottle..

The C6 TT guy is a good guy and his car runs good....... he had heard from others that my car runs really well...... previous owner went 10.4@136 on just a 150 shot with less mods, crapy tires and heavier wheels....... I had more mods, great tires, lighter wheels.... that 10.4 I am pretty sure was on 7 cylinders also... The advantage is that my car screamed and dead hook out of the hole on the street..... he knew that he did not have enough to run me down..... His car hooks pretty good but not enough to run with a 4.10 geared 4000 stall car that hooks. I think he dynoed at like 530 to the wheels or something.

Everyone that saw it called it a killer street car with a ton of power...... not gutted, power everything......... I might agree to the term of very streetable race car.........

There is a local that had a hatch Honda that he sold to another local.... he drove it every singe day.... the interior had the dash and two seats....... that was it... not even door pannels....... no heat or A/C.... NO WHIPERS!!!!!!! just a bottle of rain ex...... only other things it would need for weight is light body parts and lexan.... It had a GSR motor and I am sure would have ran bottom 13's on a bad day.... He drove it every day...... he could drive it to California if he wanted to...... a lot of people would not call it a street car because of it being gutted but I would........... .everyone has their own definition.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets just say the car was well known for beating the crap out of other cars.... on 7 cylinders I ran a LS1 GTO that was stock.... friend of mine and we were screwing around.... He was in first, I was in second......... we hit it and in about 2 seconds I shut it down and could not see him in my rear view and he said I instantly put like 8-10 cars on him and was still pulling......... 7 cylinders..... no bottle..

The C6 TT guy is a good guy and his car runs good....... he had heard from others that my car runs really well...... previous owner went 10.4@136 on just a 150 shot with less mods, crapy tires and heavier wheels....... I had more mods, great tires, lighter wheels.... that 10.4 I am pretty sure was on 7 cylinders also... The advantage is that my car screamed and dead hook out of the hole on the street..... he knew that he did not have enough to run me down..... His car hooks pretty good but not enough to run with a 4.10 geared 4000 stall car that hooks. I think he dynoed at like 530 to the wheels or something.

Everyone that saw it called it a killer street car with a ton of power...... not gutted, power everything......... I might agree to the term of very streetable race car.........

There is a local that had a hatch Honda that he sold to another local.... he drove it every singe day.... the interior had the dash and two seats....... that was it... not even door pannels....... no heat or A/C.... NO WHIPERS!!!!!!! just a bottle of rain ex...... only other things it would need for weight is light body parts and lexan.... It had a GSR motor and I am sure would have ran bottom 13's on a bad day.... He drove it every day...... he could drive it to California if he wanted to...... a lot of people would not call it a street car because of it being gutted but I would........... .everyone has their own definition.
Ok.

BTW, you still apparently don't understand what I consider a "race" car and a "street" car. Don't worry about it though.

Quick Reply: Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??