Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??

Long story short me and a guy got into a pissing battle. He said he has a bike and by the time I get to the finish line he will be able to get off and spark up a smoke and be waiting for me. Now I am not a bike fan at all. Ive raced them before in my previous set-up. Head and cam stall 3:42's...Ive stuck with them within ten cars. Well I researched it and it seems that it 90% rider. Maybe the riders sucked that I have ran and were most likely a 600?!? So any ways the bet...(yes I let my ego get the best of me)....

$1000.00
30mph roll (I know now that this was dumb this is a bikes sweet spot)
up to 2 miles and I have to be within 20 car links or basically 200 ft of him

I dunno how we are going to do this but he says with camaras,gps and such we will be able to tell but he says by the time he takes off, ill just give up because he will pull 20 off the bat.

His bike-04 R1 new pipes, power commander, port and polished valves
no power adders

My car 99 Ta new set-up
ls6 cam
p1sc procharger @ 8psi
racetronix fuel pump
bigger injectors 60#
dynatech headers ory magnaflow exhaust
3:42 gears
dyno tuned by mc racing
sfc
nitto 285/35/18 555r on c5z wheels

should i even race or just chalk over the G....I might even throw in a 75 shot on there. Ive been 160 mph before but not for extended amount of time like this plus I dont wanna blow anything. Opinions please
Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you were saying quarter mile, i would say maybe, but two miles, i dont think you have a chance dude. R1's are governed at 187 and have no problem reaching that speed. Even if you rip him off the line, he is going to hit 180+ and just walk away in two miles.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are also Mid 9's in the quarter, stock
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

That's a lot of money to throw around and not be confident about it.

I would say with his mods, he is easily in the 9s.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even in Kansas you are an idiot for going that fast or for that long.. besides with what you both have it will not take long for you to get to 160 or so were you will max out at and it will take him not long to get to 180+ and I am sure he pulled the govener.

Your 3.42's are not a top end gear.... he has more top end speed then you could ever dream and for all you know he has a bottle under the trail seat and has been toying with you.

Don't forget that if you get pulled over going that fast the millitary will rape you with a softball bat.

Be smart about this, rent some dyno time and do a top speed run with your car and get him on a bike dyno and have them do a top end run on his bike, you will loose your money and still be alive.

As long as he can ride he WILL rape you out of the hole unless you have a big stall or clutch drop it and hook....

Even in the quarter as long as he can ride OK he will kill you in the quarter...

A friend of mine had a 04 R1 with full exhaust and he ran a 911 Turbo and was only half throttle and stayed pretty much door to door with the Porsche that was wide open...

Hand him the cash and save yourself the body bag or laughter....

Im sure he is runing a bottom 9 EASY and for all we know he has been toying with you untill you show the money... people do that all the time...... He is most likley bottom 9's and has all the top end speed he needs, you have an 11 sec or so car that will top out at about 160.... you do the math...
Old 08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about 20 car "lengths" (car links means nothing), but you will get raped severely. You're best bet is to take your foot out of your mouth and not waste the $1K.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
I don't know about 20 car "lengths" (car links means nothing), but you will get raped severely. You're best bet is to take your foot out of your mouth and not waste the $1K.

Your car would be a better mach aginst the bike haha
Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Your car would be a better mach aginst the bike haha
but unit has a cobra...

Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

So? At least then it would be a some what respectable race at least in the 1/4 haha... This other dude will have the guy on the R1 looking back at him laughing..............

I would risk a run with R1 like that in the 1/4 with my last car and that was a 468 BBC Camaro with the bottle (300 shot) and it had a 4,000 stall, screamed out of the hole and ran 10.3@136 on a 150 shot if that tells the OP anything...

Roll racing is retarded........... it's just peoples sorry excuse for them not being able to hook an roll racing a bike is so dumb that you might as well hand the race over before you start.... 30mph is not a bikes sweet spot, anything other then a stop is the sweet spot as long as they know how many gears to drop.....

A 75 shot will not do much for you, with a blower car it will be more like a 100ish shot but you would need like at least a 200 shot on it or an F1R at the very least for anyone to think you have even a chance and thats with you being able to hook and scream out of the hole... Even then you would need a built motor with something better then a LS6 cam on top of the big blower or shot to have a chance........... he will pull you like you are in reverse at warp speed.

You would need Chuck Norris as your power adder to stand a chance......... oh and with no cage a wreck at 160 has like a 99% chance in you getting killed.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
So? At least then it would be a some what respectable race at least in the 1/4 haha... This other dude will have the guy on the R1 looking back at him laughing..............

I would risk a run with R1 like that in the 1/4 with my last car and that was a 468 BBC Camaro with the bottle (300 shot) and it had a 4,000 stall, screamed out of the hole and ran 10.3@136 on a 150 shot if that tells the OP anything...

Roll racing is retarded........... it's just peoples sorry excuse for them not being able to hook an roll racing a bike is so dumb that you might as well hand the race over before you start.... 30mph is not a bikes sweet spot, anything other then a stop is the sweet spot as long as they know how many gears to drop.....

A 75 shot will not do much for you, with a blower car it will be more like a 100ish shot but you would need like at least a 200 shot on it or an F1R at the very least for anyone to think you have even a chance and thats with you being able to hook and scream out of the hole... Even then you would need a built motor with something better then a LS6 cam on top of the big blower or shot to have a chance........... he will pull you like you are in reverse at warp speed.

You would need Chuck Norris as your power adder to stand a chance......... oh and with no cage a wreck at 160 has like a 99% chance in you getting killed.
Ah... I didn't mean my post to spark any substantial response. You misspelled "match" as "mach", to which I responded.... Unit doesn't own a Mach.... which don't get me wrong is retarded on my part, but had innocent intentions
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

oh I see, my bad haha, My last most was in good fun haha.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinking u would need a lot of power... like at least 700.

my buddies camaro which is making about 52xrwhp got spanked by an r1. like right off the bat.

r1s are no joke. and if you guys are giong that far, he wont need to be able to shift really fast. he will tear u a new one.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

http://gonicd.com/videos/turbocamarovsr1vsviper.wmv

Nic D's turbo camaro on 14 psi versus stock R1.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Teching In

WOW..... yeah after looking up the specs on a r1, I shitted on myself! I was def thinkin about handing the cash over and not even puttin myself or the car at risk. My only hope was the 20 car lengths or "links" but yall are right he will be long gone. Plus like I said Ive been 160+mph but not for a whole mile or so. Its only a $1,000 and I got another $1,000 race with a supercharged focus svt that will pay for the R1 race. I know Im going to rape him, Im not even worried about it!! The R1 has a bike club and there are a bunch 600's..whats my chances against them??
Old 08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

2 miles and 200 ft....ain't gonna happen Ive got an R1 and it pulls to 180 easily, I think your gonna need alot more power....
Old 08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man i wish a grand was as little money to me, as it is to you
Old 08-19-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

destroyed doesnt cover what the R1 would do to you.. you would look plain silly and probably get laughed at after the race.. the difference between a liter bike and a 600 is a WORLD of difference..

you should beat a 600 with an AVERAGE Rider.. a good rider will give you a handful but you should still take it after 100mph..

i have owned 600s and liter bikes.. i have also raced many cars with my bikes as well raced my car against many bikes..

i raced my buddies cobra with my 954RR.. he puts down 450.. traps 91mph in the 1/8.. my bikes mods were sprocket change filter and full exhaust (i outran r1s, but they were still a good race)..
we went from 35-40ish.. i let off at 125 with about 15 or so lengths and still pulling REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard.. sorry so much emphasis but it was embaressing.. i would say it was equal to a H/C ls1 racing a stock geo metro..
this was about a week after i bought it.. the front raised up on me and i short shifted it then i hit the rev limiter bad on the second shift.. it would have been much worse if raced a month or so after i had it.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Teching In

After reading about thr r1 and reading yalls response ill just hand over the cash. The TA isnt really built for top speed and to be honest I dont feel comfortable doing 160+ but I let my ego get the best of me...oh well! Im gonna challenge some of his buddies though! Am I better off on a roll or out of the hole on a bike?? I know it depends on the rider.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
After reading about thr r1 and reading yalls response ill just hand over the cash. The TA isnt really built for top speed and to be honest I dont feel comfortable doing 160+ but I let my ego get the best of me...oh well! Im gonna challenge some of his buddies though! Am I better off on a roll or out of the hole on a bike?? I know it depends on the rider.
Seriously? Maybe it's because I don't know how much power you are putting down, but I still think you would need a bit more to mess with some of the 600s, especially the newer ones.

If you aren't in a position to back out of throwing away a grand, then that sucks, but I still wouldn't mess with the other bikes out of principle, it looks like you are desperate.
600s aren't unbeatable, but you may be wishing you had a little extra "oomph". Maybe in the form of spray if you wanted to be safe...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blownLS-WON
out of the hole.. most people cant launch their bikes.. you will jump a 600 out of the hole with an average rider and they will make up some ground from 30-85mph.. after 100+ you will start to pull again..

if they want to go from a roll then go from a 50-60mph roll.. higher the better.

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Seriously? Maybe it's because I don't know how much power you are putting down, but I still think you would need a bit more to mess with some of the 600s, especially the newer ones.

If you aren't in a position to back out of throwing away a grand, then that sucks, but I still wouldn't mess with the other bikes out of principle, it looks like you are desperate.
600s aren't unbeatable, but you may be wishing you had a little extra "oomph". Maybe in the form of spray if you wanted to be safe...
he should take a 600.. i dont know exactly what he is making but judging by his mods he should walk away from a 600 pretty steadily with a 75 shot..

without the shot, depends on the rider really.. should still be able to take it.. but it will be close.. just race til 120-130...

600s are blazing fast.. fast? hell yea, but nothing 500-600rwhp cant take care of.. or a lite car with less ...

Quick Reply: Your opinion do I have what it takes to stay with an R1 bike??