Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios
View Poll Results: Race Him or Not?
Yes
64.29%
No
0%
Should I be banned for posting this in SRK?
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

WS6 vs. 2008 BMW M3...Should i?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 vs. 2008 BMW M3...Should i?????

Alrite, long story short im possibly gonna be racing a M3. Its a 2008 and "SO SAY" stock...

Im gonna be driving my 98 WS6, cam, and boltons, M6, which put down 410rwhp and 389rwtq.

The guy wants to put 1k down on the race...i could really use the money!lmao

Anyone have any words on this?? Anyone ever raced one with similar mods? OUTCOME GUESSES??? haha
Thanks guys! let me know what you think!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any word on this?

why yes....yes I do.

******' READ THE STICKIES WOULD YOU!!?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-retarded.html
Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Im not on here much but i do work at a BMW dealer and drive the M cars alot.

They put down 407hp crank and like 296tq, so u should whoop it if u keep traction. Most likely hell have M mode on, is it a new SMG model or 6spd manual? Dont get me wrong they do hold there own, but over priced car just like all the other M cars.

Do a $500 race or tell him best outta 3 for 1k$.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of race? Dig, roll - to what mph? How are you going to determine who really won?

In my experience, 95% of talked about $1000 races never even get the 2 guys in the same place at the same time with their cars, never mind actually run.

Out of the 5% that actually show up, about .001% ever turn into a money race over $100.

And out of the .001%, about .00001% of the people actually race AND have money change hands.

This, IMO, is especially true when you are mixing two kinds of cars - one from the BMW crowd and one from the musclecar gang.

So if the ******* planets align and you guys decide your signs are compatible, set the rules and RACE. Then come tell the story, preferably with a decent vid instead of a couple blurry lights in a black camera phone wobbly image that could big Bigfoot being chased by a UFO or someshit.

Jim
Old 09-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Teching In

with your mods you "should beat him"
Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you could really use the money how are ou gonna fork over a thousand if he whoops your ***? lol sound slike talk to me go fro a couple hundred that way either way you wont lose a lot and might get some spending money.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 AM
12 Second Club

I rode in one, and Im confident my WS6 can keep up with it till around 100 mph. I'm only a bolt on m6 and put down 350rwhp on a dynojet. I dont see you losing this race unless you **** up.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Any word on this?

why yes....yes I do.

It's obvious, not one single person reads any stickies in any section.

I moved it to Bench and added a choice.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

I chose "should I be banned." Come to think about it though, that's just a question without an answer...

With the power you're making at the wheels, I can't see it being too close. A stock e92 M3 makes 415hp to the crank and weighs about 200 more lbs than you.
Just to be safe, you should go from a dig or a low roll if you can hook up; they're supposedly top-end monsters. I don't think it will make much of a difference though.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Launching!

I would take this in a heartbeat, i beat one from a roll in my stock 01 z06 by about 2 cars but I wouldve kept pulling. It really did not impress me at all
Old 09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
It's obvious, not one single person reads any stickies in any section.

I moved it to Bench and added a choice.
Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I chose "should I be banned." Come to think about it though, that's just a question without an answer...

With the power you're making at the wheels, I can't see it being too close. A stock e92 M3 makes 415hp to the crank and weighs about 200 more lbs than you.
Just to be safe, you should go from a dig or a low roll if you can hook up; they're supposedly top-end monsters. I don't think it will make much of a difference though.
Can you guess my vote?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

You should easily easily beat him, I was playing with one when I was just bolt ons. They are not very fast, they are made to go around a track fast. But straight line man you should have no problem, and he is heavier then you. Go with a 1/4 tank of gas too lol. If he is turboed or spraying though you could be ordering to much to eat.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Any word on this?

why yes....yes I do.

Ya know, ive been on this thread for a lil while now, not a pro by any stretch, not a MECHANIC by any stretch, but im not exactly a NOOB... therefor i will take the **** for "Not reading the ******* sticky"...I apologize for putting the thread in the wrong ******* topic....BUT, say i was a NOOB to the site, and say this was my first thread, maybe even second or third...I would think your an *******...think the site is ******* too complicated for a lil fun car talk...and probably talk **** about the site...Man i tell you what, give some ppl an inch of ******* power/authority and they take it a mile...
Instead of a polite, "hey man, you posted in the wrong thread, try ..."
NO...i GET some rude *** comment... DAMN dude!

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!

back to the topic, he chicke'nd out!haha says he wants a 7 car handicap to go for 1,000.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
You should easily easily beat him, I was playing with one when I was just bolt ons. They are not very fast, they are made to go around a track fast. But straight line man you should have no problem, and he is heavier then you. Go with a 1/4 tank of gas too lol. If he is turboed or spraying though you could be ordering to much to eat.
not a good idea
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Staging Lane

That was a little harsh. It I could find where the "bench racing" was I would tell you bro. All I got to say is, he drives a mustang so he must be a little slow. Lol
Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by jcws6-25
Ya know, ive been on this thread for a lil while now, not a pro by any stretch, not a MECHANIC by any stretch, but im not exactly a NOOB... therefor i will take the **** for "Not reading the ******* sticky"...I apologize for putting the thread in the wrong ******* topic....BUT, say i was a NOOB to the site, and say this was my first thread, maybe even second or third...I would think your an *******...think the site is ******* too complicated for a lil fun car talk...and probably talk **** about the site...Man i tell you what, give some ppl an inch of ******* power/authority and they take it a mile...
Instead of a polite, "hey man, you posted in the wrong thread, try ..."
NO...i GET some rude *** comment... DAMN dude!

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!

back to the topic, he chicke'nd out!haha says he wants a 7 car handicap to go for 1,000.
First off, you have been here a year (I'm sure Pony knew that, since that's the first thing we all look at, your post count and member year). You post in a section with out reading the stickies and then get upset when a member (who knows where to post btw) actually points you to a sticky that I wrote right around the time you joined, which you must not have read until Pony posted the link.
This is the internet and you need thicker skin though I agree we don't need the cursing and it was a little abrasive, but at times, hell, that's all that gets anyone's attention. The regulars here know how many F-in threads I have to keep moving, (about 4-5 a week) due to NOT READING THE STICKIES. I tried the " Hey dude, you posted in the wrong section " about 115 times to no avail and now frankly, I'm sick of it, they know I'm sick of it and there is no excuse unless you are a brand new guy. Actually, if you newer guys would read the damn stickies, I was advised to ban guys for 7 days, not 3 that I was planning.

To top it all off, you never even race the guy. So I have all this bullshit in this thread for basically no reason. I'm locking it and will bump it for others to read. I AM SICK OF BENCH POSTS IN THE KILL SECTION.

If you have a problem with that authority, simply move on. If you want an awesome kill section with minimal distraction, stick around, the choice is yours.

Originally Posted by nicefingbod
That was a little harsh. It I could find where the "bench racing" was I would tell you bro. All I got to say is, he drives a mustang so he must be a little slow. Lol
Dude, what do you do for a living that you have a problem finding the Bench Racing section? It's the 2nd STICKY down from the top of the page.

For you, here it is.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-bench-racing-forum-150/

Some of you guys scare me.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs. 2008 BMW M3...Should i?????